The Space"The most staggering views of wine country in the South East of Romania. Period."
Come find out for yourself!
Villa Mara Bed and Breakfast offers a peaceful retreat between adventures.
Venturing down to the valley, over 20 wineries are within a 30 minute drive from the B&B. Wine tasting, fine dining and summer weekends to visit the Muddy Volcanoes, the Casoca waterfall, the Living Fire, the Naieni Sculpture Camp, the One-Stone Church barely touch upon the range of possibilities available in exploring the Monteoru region in Buzau County.
Monteoru is home to a spa resort.
A full, gourmet breakfast, which can accommodate specific food allergies, is included with most stays.
There is also the option of a full boardinghouse for 150 RON/ room ( 2 persons ).
The inn’s perfect location, beautiful surroundings, genuine hospitality, clean and comfortable guestrooms with modern amenities, and the host of complimentary offerings make this B&B worthy of being one of the best B&B’s you will experience anywhere in Romania. Guest AccessCuisine, barbecue, any of the 2 gazebos in the yard and whatever else you might common-sensically ask. Interaction with GuestsWe are here all weekends. We also have someone at the villa on a permanent basis. The NeighborhoodIt's a 5 minute walk from the center of the resort.
The region of Monteoru is also home to an archaeological site with bronze artifacts dating back 4000 years. In 110 years of digging, numerous bronze and ceramic objects have been found. Getting AroundThere is none needed. The resort is very small.
- Situated at about 20 km from Buzau.
- The muddy volcanoes of Berca, just 30 kilometres away from Sarata Monteoru (gas from 30.000 meters underground pushes water and clay to the surface)
- The Living Fires of Lopătari , a natural source of spontaneous ignition of gaseous hydrocarbons
- Eagle Lake (Lacul Vulturilor), a periglacial lake in the Siriu Mountains, located at 1,420 meter altitude.
- Monastery of Cetatuia (a small monastery), about 30 minutes of walking through the forests from Ciolanu Monastery (this place was originally chosen by King Carol to build the Peles Castle)
- Wine tasting is possible in one of the numerous wineries of the Dealu Mare (“big hill”) region
- Treatment facilities: warm baths with mineral water, mineral water outdoor pools, medical gym , electro and hydrotherapy
- Nearby attractions: Trovants (impressive sandstone concretions), Magura sculpture camp, Ciolanu and Ratesti Monastery, The Cave Churches of Buzau, Istriţa de la Pietroasele Hill (the place where the "Hen with golden chicks" treasure was discovered)
Activities in the area of river Buzau Valley: off road driving, hiking, cycling, fishing (Lake Siriu) and visiting traditional Romanian households. Other Things to NoteWe are very keen to negotiate on long term stays, private parties or whatever might come through your mind. The prices are quite low from the start, though. Please remember this.
We are happy to offer full boarding for 2 persons ( breakfast, lunch, dinner and a midnight snack if needed ) for 150 RON/ room ( 2 persons ).