The SpaceOpen all year round and in the summer it is a weekly rental starting mid Jun, SA to SA, then after summer its weekends, 3 night min.
Listen to the Loons in the morning and (URL HIDDEN) fun, beautiful, romantic -- a HOT TUB, kayaks, pontoon boat are available and free row boat, ping pong table, foosball table, flat screen TVs, WIFI and more! Topside deck for everyone and two big decks on different levels overlooking the beaches and Spider Lake. Best of all, it is nestled in a quiet cove off Spider lake where there is tubing, jet-skiing, sailing, and two private beaches. You will enjoy great swimming with many sandy islands on which to picnic. Spider Lake teems with bass, bluegill, perch, pike, and crappie contained within 29 miles of shoreline.
2 Pontoons are avaible for rent. In the summer they are required. They are NOT included in the rent price but added on. You pay direct to us, the owners.
Payment is required prior to arrival via Paypal at time of Airbnb booking. You buy the fuel, recreation gas, or ho- octane fuel, no oil
- 24ft Pontoon, $1400, comes w/tubing kit, 3 kayaks, paddles, vests. Nice pontoon cushions bimini.
- 21ft Pontoon, $750,comes w/ 3 kayaks. Cruising and fishing pontoon, nice bimini. Plain Jane, you put seats on it up to 9 persons or 1350lbs.
Daily Rayes in nonpeak periods
- 24ft Pontoon, $175.
- 21ft Pontoon, $125. Guest AccessEverything in the cottage except one owner cabinet and the garage.
Guest agrees to contract posted on Airbnb with electronic concurance (hitting the button) prior to occupying the cottage. Interaction with GuestsI pride myself in giving good service, almost always greeting you, explain the home, the area and then providing 24/7 phone service and assistance if needed. I enjoy sharing my inside knowledge of Traverse City, Leelanau Peninsula and the region, there is a ton of things to do. The NeighborhoodWeekly rental in the summer only, SA to SA.
Outside you get a large overhead outside grilling area with deck, two additional decks, one wrap around, two docks, swim area, fire ring, 2 decks, gas grill. This is a fun cottage in a quiet cove that opens into the main part of the lake. Its sits on scenic, private lake shore on over three acres of wooded setting, privacy is assured. Listen to the Loons in the morning and evenings...
You will enjoy great swimming with many sandy islands on which to picnic. Spider Lake teems with bass, bluegill, perch, pike, and crappie contained within 29 miles of shoreline.
We have had a few celebrities stay with us, everyone enjoys it equally. Getting AroundCar is better than horse and horse is better than camel Other Things to NoteA signed contract within 10 days of booking is required or the reservation is cancelled. Guest agrees to electronic signature via email, text, or fax. Per Airbnb policy, a contract will be send via its communications 15 Jan 15, Jack E.
Please read the following terms of agreement carefully before you make a reservation. I find that my guests who read this agreement are fully informed about their rental obligations. SLC means Sp(URL HIDDEN)
1. Payments: Please return this signed agreement within 10 days of booking with Airbnb to hold your reservation. We will not hold the reservation if the payment is not received the day of booking. Once SLC receives the signed lease and all payments then the agreement is binding and get ready to have cottage fun! We are a small Ma and Pa cottage so we can only afford to accept check, money order, cash, and credit cards. Credit card payment refunded will be placed on the credit card. Checks and cash will be refunded via check. Once all payments are recieved we will provide the address and entry code. SLC or its owners are not responsible to inform or provide notificaton of the guest payment deadline. A signed contract must be provided within 10 days of booking date and the guest cannot enter the property without a signed contract. Guest agrees to electronic signatures via, text, email, and fax.
2. Accommodations: Our cottages have most of the basic housekeeping items including kitchen utensils, linens for each bed, not pullout, and basic paper products issue. Weather is Gods responsibility and while I can talk to him - often he makes no guarantees so I can't guarantee the weather. If something is bothering you, please call right away, if we can fix it ~ we will. We hire the best cleaning professionals in the area. We prefer not to make either substitutions or refunds except for extraordinary reasons.
3. Cancellations: Per agreement 60 days cancellation policy details; if the guest cancels 60 days prior,50% any money they have paid cannot be refunded. Cancellations inside 60 days forfeits all funds.We recommend travel (EMAIL HIDDEN) (based on consumers report). Funds paid to book are nonrefundable, this includes multiple week (URL HIDDEN) is responsible for all refunds. If SLC cannot provide a booked vacation for a signed and paid for contract for an unforseen reason e.g. calamities, fire, emergencies, major equipment failures or scheduling it will offer a reasonable substitute. SLC is only responsible for funds paid to it, not any losses incurred to the guest. We protect the military, police, fire-fighter and veteran discount and require a copy of the ID with the contract within 10 days.
4. Pets and Smoking: We accept Pets with a pre-approved $ 250.00 nonrefundable fee paid in advance for a max of two pets, certain breeds, no puppies, aggressive or pets detrimental to the property are allowed. When owners leave the premises, the pets either go with them or are crated, please bring a crate and show the owner the crate at arrival. Treat your pet nice and don't tie them up outside overnight, and please don't allow them to run free or a barking nuisance to neighbors. Please pick up the pet waste and dispose of it. In the rare case a pet is a problem such as a nuisance to the neighbors or do damage, then it will have to be boarded at a kennel immediately at your expense. A pet brought but not reported will be charged the damage deposit plus one night stay and may be removed. No smoking is not allowed inside the cottage out of courtesy of our other guests, smoking in the cottage will be charged the damage deposit plus one night stay.
5. Guest Obligations: a) Reasonable and orderly conduct by all Guests in the cottage with respect given to the terms of the agreement, the property, the law and the neighbors b) Guest is responsible for damages as outlined under damage/cleaning deposit; c) illegal activities are prohibited d) House parties are strictly prohibited and grounds for immediate eviction; SLC retains the right to cancel or require the guest to leave in the case of the lease terms being violated. e) All business activities are prohibited unless requested and granted in writing to SLC.
6. Keys/Lockouts/Occupancy/Security: The agreement period begins at 3 pm on the arrival date and ends at 10 am on the departure date; early or late departures are charged an additional night stay. To ensure our guest privacy and security, the address is provided upon final payment and a signed contract receipt, outside premises are monitored by security cameras. The inside is not monitored by cameras but is protected by a security system. The entry code/key is provided upon final payment or no access is granted. Restricted solely to fourteen (14) "declared" occupants as written into the contract and agreed in writing for example, a guest permits 24 people to stay at the property, but they were not there all the time. The guest does not write the eight additional people into the contract ahead of time is a breech of contract and a violation. Another example, (15) guests are declared, hence one guest pays an additional $75 per person, infants are counted as persons. All rentals are to family groups and responsible adults only. Guest or agreement holder must be in occupancy of the cottage at all times. One set of keys is issued with a lock box and due at check out. Replacement costs for a lost key for cottage or boat is $50.00 payable upon checkout and charged to damage. Lockouts are $50. Lost and Found: SLC is not responsible for guest personal items but if we find something we can send back with reasonable charge. Occupancy: Occasions such as receptions or “parties” which increase the occupancy (if even for a few hours) must be requested in writing and approved by SLC prior to execution of the agreement. Camping, Tent, camper or RV on the property can be purchased but are prohibited unless authorized in writing by the owner. For violations for undeclared guests, parties, damage deposits and one additional night rent will be charged and/or guests will be removed from the property. Rental rates, damage, boat, cleaning fees and deposits are subject to increase at SLC discretion. SLC reserves the right to deny occupancy, evict and refuse to permit usage of boats or to refund to anyone at any time that appears detrimental to the property.
7. Noise: The cottage is located in a quiet residential area and sound carries far across the water. Out of courtesy for the neighbors, outdoor activities that generate loud noises including music, barking dogs and loud talking/yelling are prohibited after sunset. Fireworks are strictly prohibited and ground for immediate eviction on the property without refund.
8. Outdoor Grilling, Fires, WIFI/TV: Local fire ordinance allows outdoor grilling or fires in designated areas only; firewood and grill supplies can be purchased or you can use deadfall, not stacked wood on the property. One bottle of propane is provided per visit. WIFI is always on, there is no (URL HIDDEN) refunds due to outages or technical reasons.
9. Repairs/Right of Entry/Refunds: The contracted party agrees that the first person in the guest party to arrive between 3-5pm is responsible for the initial written arrival inspection and safety boat ride within one hour of arrival. After one hour, the guest will be charged $25 per hour for the maintenance person to standby and wait until the check-in process is completed. The initial arrial inspection identifies any inoperative and/or missing equipment to SLC so you will not be charged for broken or missing items not reported. You can send the arrival inspection within one hour via an email, text or call. For broken or missing items, service must be scheduled and required parts ordered. Problems will be corrected as soon as reasonably possible. Priority is given to heating, refrigeration, plumbing/septic, water or electrical equipment. SLC or an authorized employee, repairman, will have right of entry at any time without notice. No refunds issued for delays in check-in or early check-out (for any reason), damage to Guest’s belongings due to malfunctioning equipment, mechanical failures, interruption or loss of utilities or inclement weather or other acts of God.
10. Parking: At 2Lakes, we have lots of partking on the gravel or driveway. At the Songbird, the parking is available at the top of the driveway. Do not enter the gravel driveway because it is not our property. At either 2Lakes or Songbird, please do not park beyond the driveway on the grass as you may damage both the septic system and landscape. For winter rentals we plow one time, then a fee of $50 per plow is assessed to the guest.
11. Damage Deposit and/or Boat Deposit: Reasonable wear and tear is expected, if you break a plate or a wine glass – no big deal. If you crush the dock and sink the boat, ah, we may have to talk. The damage deposit/boat deposits are refundable unless damage was incurred accidentally or willfully by Guest. Just respect the property as your own, leave the way it was provided, and you'll be fine. Early arrivals and late checkouts are not allowed and may result in an extra night charge ~ so giddy up! We do not permit "drive-bys or drop-in" without written permission. We need to get the cottage ready for the next guest. Please do not interupt or complain to the cleaning person, I know you understand what a deadline is. If the damage costs exceed the deposit, you agree to finalize all payments within 30 days. Airbnb will send the damage deposit. We rarely make charges to the damage deposit because our guests love and respect the cottage.
12. Boat Use/Rental: A pontoon rental is required for one week during the peak period of Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend. The guest agrees to conduct a boat safety check with owner/representative within the first hour of the contracte arrival day between 3-5pm as it applies. Guest understands that boating is “at your own risk” and that death or serious injury can result from safe or unsafe operation of either motorized, non-motorized and any water activities and watercraft. Guest owned or rented boats not associated with SLC will receive a $250 docking fee for one week rent. Guest agees to securely tie pontoon boats to the dock tightly with no slack in rope and using at minium of two boat bumpers. Guest agrees to completely secure bimini top and secure all life jackets and equipment in the boat prior to departure or forfiet boat deposit. Guest is solely responsible and agrees to the safe and legal operation of all boats on the premises. The term boat shall refer to all types of boat or watercraft activity. The guest agrees to be responsible to provide a trained, licensed adult to supervise all persons using watercraft e.g. kayaks, rowboat, pontoon boats, swimming as well as guest boats. Guest shall not allow the boat to be used by any other person without written permission of the owner; do not use the boat for business purposes. Guest will not carry passengers or property in excess of the rated capacity of the boat. The boat will not be used to tow or propel any other boat or thing without the owner’s written permission. Should written permission be granted for towing, guest assumes all responsibility for injury or death or equipment breakage due to defective rental equipment, human error or equipment failures. The boat will not be used in any race or competition. The boat will not be used in any negligent reckless or dangerous manner or the guest agrees to forfeit its use and refund. The guest agrees that all required lifesaving, towing equipment, tubes, ropes, bridal, life jackets and safety equipment necessary is aboard the boats and are in good order and condition at the time of delivery. Unreported problems found after inspection will be charged to the deposit. Guest pays all fuel costs plus a $25 delivery fee if the fuel is not full at departure. Guest agrees to purchase only marine grade fuel at Courtades to avoid damaging the motor. For cottage guests, the pontoon rental is required during the peak period. The guest is responsible for security and any damages resulting to the boats, docks or other property incurred accidentally or willfully during the rental period. The guest is responsible to research and know the Spider Lake and Bass Lake navigation areas, the laws/rules and the shallows with or without a owner provided map. The boats must be left in the condition they were found. The guest will maintain liability insurance, medical insurance and life insurance for all persons using all boats and rentals. The guest understands that the owner provides no insurance for injury or death with this agreement. The Guest agrees to indemnity and hold SLC, its owner and workers harmless for any and all damages to property and persons from the use of this boat. The boat rental is for one day, each day paid if used or not is charged as a full days rent. No refunds issued for any reason, for damage to Guest’s belongings due to malfunctioning equipment, mechanical failures, inclement weather or other acts of God.
13. Returned-Check Charges: In the event any check offered by Guests, to Owner in payment of rent or any other amount due under this agreement is returned for lack of sufficient funds or a closed or nonexistent account, Guests shall pay to SLC a check-return charge in the amount of $50.
14. Fair Housing Law: SLC does not discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, familial status, children or the handicapped.
15. Safety and disclosures: Safety is a guest responsibility and our concern. We want you to rent the right kind of cottage for your needs hence we wish to share all cottage information. No lifeguard is present at SLC and swimming, hot tub, dock, swim platforms and boating is “at your own risk—no diving.” Please supervise children and know your physical limits. Supervise both children and pets at all times--especially supervise around all roads, water, fire ring, grill, stove, and in the home. Stairs such as a spiral staircase to the upstairs could be onerous for elderly and large people. Wear shoes or water sandals to protect your feet. The cottage is neither allergy free nor setup for handicapped access. Remain alert to wildlife that can be harmful and poisonous. Please check all smoke alarms and fire extinguishers to ensure they work, review fire evacuation plan and inform us immediately if there are any problems. Guest agrees that all smoke alarms and fire extinguishers and safety items are present and working. Any unreported problems are the guest responsibility.
16, Hot Tub: The Guest agrees to indemnity and hold SLC, its owner and workers harmless for any and all damages to property and persons from the use of this hot tub. All hot tub use is “at your own risk” and guest is responsible for all persons on the SLC property. Guest agrees to maintian the chemical balance of the hot tub and remove sand and debris upon completion of their stay or incur a $200 charge for 4 hours of cleaning, 450 gal refill and $75 chemical restoration.
17. Damage to Premises and Financial Responsibility: In the event the premises are damaged by fire or other casualty covered by insurance, the owner shall not be required to make any repairs or replacements of any property brought onto the premises by Guests. Guests agree to accept financial responsibility for any damage to the premises from fire or casualty caused by Guest negligence. Guests shall carry insurance fire, medical, liability or as an alternative, warrants that they will be financially responsible for losses not covered by Owner's fire and extended coverage insurance policy. Guests will pay damages or plumbing stoppages caused by Guest negligence or misuse, this document contains the entire agreement between the parties and may not be amended. Guest agrees to indemnify SLC, its owners and its employees free and harmless from any liabilities for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the rental of the premises and boats including, but not limited to, any claim of liability for personal injury or damage or loss of property which is made, incurred or sustained by guest or guests of the guests such as personal injury caused by negligent acts of SLC. Guest agrees to Grand Traverse Michigan courts.Should any terms of the agreement be breached by Guest, resulting in legal action on the part of SLC against Guest(s) and SLC prevails in court or settlement is reached, SLC shall be entitled to collect from Guest all costs of the legal action including, but not limited to attorney’s fees. If a part of this agreement is nullified all other parts remain in force.
18. Check In/Out: Please follow these basic check in/out items to ensure you receive a full refund of your deposit: a) Contracted guest agrees to arrive between 3-5pm, conduct written inspection signed within the first hour and boat safety checks and send to me via text or email; if you find something broke, missing, or inoperable, that way, we know you didn't do it. While we conduct a inspection after each guest visit, we sometimes miss something. We will try and fix what is broke during your stay if possible. But if something is broke and not reported until the end of your stay, then it may result in you paying for it, b) arrival - PLEASE check the smoke detectors, be safe, c) remove and bag all food and trash (inside and outside) to the outside receptacles; bags not in the receptacles will result in a $25 charge, d) wash and put away all dishes and cookware, clean counter top, stove, refrigerator and oven, e) leave cottage tidy with all furniture in the same position; f) wipe down bathroom counters and remove items from the bathrooms, g) pickup outside, stack the chairs and clean grill, h)close all windows, lock the doors , i) sweep floors inside, j) secure kayaks, boats in original location, secure paddles and life jackets, m) put on hot tub cover and remove sand from hot tub, k) remove dirty linens from beds and place on the washer, l) vacate the cottage at departure time and leave all in the lockbox, m) send a exit email, or text, with a fun picture, a description of your stay, tell us of breakage, suggested improvements and Drive Safe!