The SpaceThis lovely cottage in Ainslie has:
* BYO Linen free, or Linen Service @ $15 per person (beds made with 2 sheets and fresh doona covers, towels, washers). This service payable directly to owners and separate to Airbnb costs.
* Reverse cycle air conditioning to the living room for Summer. Fans and evaporative cooler in other rooms.
* Ducted gas heating for instant winter heating; insulation throughout with pedestal fans for summer cooling.
* Timber floors, high ceilings and original sash windows throughout.
* Luxury floor heating in main bathroom.
*Unlimited free wi-fi ADSL 2+ high speed.
* A covered outdoor area with gas BBQ and outdoor covered seating.
* A sun filled lovely renovated bathroom with large bath, underfloor heating and rainwater shower head (NB: both showers are over the bath, so all guests need to be able to get in and out of a bath, with a non-slip bathmat provided if needed). The house has two toilets – one in the main bathroom and a separate toilet near the laundry.
* Artworks and sculptures to enjoy.
* A large garden with fruit trees, herbs, roses, eucalypts and lots of room for kids and pets to run around.
* TV,PVR, DVD, CD player, iPod dock, a selection of books and games, and a Pianola on the enclosed sun room/front verandah.
* Fully equipped kitchen with oven, microwave, Espresso Coffee maker and tea facilities, Blender, cooking basics and a dining table that seats 7.
* Laundry with front loader washing machine, tumble dryer, drying rack and large sink, and there’s an original ‘Hills Hoist’ clothes line in the backyard.
The house is most comfortable with 4 people but can sleep up to 7 people. There is 1 queen size bed in the main bedroom; 2 new single beds in the second bedroom; and a double sofa bed in the lounge room; there is a large day/night bed in the front sunroom which can be treated like a verandah bedroom.
Baby is welcomed with a portacot (with bassinet option), high chair and baby bath available. Some baby/toddler toys/teddy are part of the decor.
The Ainslie Art House is pet friendly, with pets able to sleep on the back verandah, inside the laundry area or in the kitchen. No pets allowed in the rest of the house please. The fenced backyard is a combination of 1-1.2 metre and 1.8 metre fences, with a small gap under the driveway gate. Dogs that are escape artists (either good jumpers or very small and good at sneaking through gaps) may need to be tied up on the back porch if they are to be left alone in the yard. Guest AccessGuests will have access to the entire house and garden. The garage in the far corner of the backyard is locked and only for use by the owners. Usually we don't need to access it while we have guests staying, but on very rare occasions we might need to - in which case we will liaise with guests to arrange a mutually convenient time. Interaction with GuestsWe may call in at some stage during your stay to say hello and introduce ourselves if only very briefly. Guests can access the house through a secure PIN code, so you can get into the house immediately on arrival - or we're very happy to greet you if you prefer. We live nearby and are happy to provide help as needed, including advice on Canberra and its surrounds. Recommendations for good coffee, chai and food are included in the welcome pack. The NeighborhoodThe cottage is directly opposite Corroboree Park with its tennis courts, community table tennis (we provide equipment), basketball court, play equipment and BBQs (and often kangaroos visit at nights). It is on one of Canberra's original heritage streets, with cute old cottages on big blocks of land. You can walk to Braddon’s cafes and fine dining, the city, the War Memorial and Mount Ainslie. And Parliament House, the National Gallery, ANU and Dickson are all a short drive away or bus trip away. Getting AroundMost attractions are nearby - a walk or a short drive. Or there are local buses which take you to the ANU, the University of Canberra, the Australian Institute of Sport, the National Museum, Parliament House, the city, Belconnen and Woden (without changing buses). Other Things to NoteBooking details
* Minimum stay of two nights.
* A pet cost of $30 per pet per stay (negotiable) is paid directly to owners.
* Linen Service @ $15 per person (beds made with 2 sheets and fresh doona covers, towels, washers). This service payable directly to owners and separate to Airbnb costs.
* Check in from 2pm, check out at 10am.
* This property is non-smoking for all interior spaces please. Smoking inside will incur an additional cleaning fee. The Basic Cleaning fee you have paid covers our cleaners to clean bathroom, toilet, and whole house floors and surfaces, and set the place up for next guests to a high standard that you should have also experienced on arrival. On departure Guests are expected to put away clean dishes, clean any appliances used such as: Cooktop/Oven, microwave oven, coffee machine and clean out fridge of all opened foods. If you use the BBQ also please clean it to the condition you found it. If you prefer to leave the kitchen and BBQ to be cleaned by others the cleaner will do it for a $35 fee.
If you there is anything that you particularly need for your stay, let us know and we’ll see what we can do!