The Space*Please message me PRIOR to booking your stay!* CLOSE TO HISTORIC DOWNTOWN and easy transportation - 2-bedroom, 1 full & 1/2-bathroom - this is a private half of Victorian Quarters: beautiful, peaceful, intimate and gracious, turn-of-the-century Home. For it's historic significance, this property has been used for photo shoots by advertising agencies; it's also a friendly neighborhood where people sit and read a book on the front porch.
This home cannot accommodate toddlers/children under age 12.
• 10-15 min drive to Oakland International Airport & City of San Francisco
• 2 blocks away from AC Transit Commuter Bus (non-stop to SF Financial District / Embarcadero) / Bus-to-BART trains to SFO and Oakland Airport
• Minutes away from SF Ferry Service / Oakland / Jack London Square Amtrak station / Lake Merritt, Oakland's best known natural landmark and a primary gathering place
• Walk to Historical Downtown Alameda / Park Street / Gourmet Marketplace
• Waterfront cafes, bars/clubs, shops and excellent restaurants all minutes away on foot - The Brooklyn Basin, site of a $1.5 billion commercial development in progress (the largest in Oakland's history) is minutes across the Estuary.
INTERIOR - white walls, linen accents and natural wood tones. This home is well-appointed that I prepare and clean myself. (It is also my personal residence).
- XFinity Wireless Internet / Cable TV w/ 40' HDTV Flat Screen (with NetFlix, Amazon, Hulu). 32' TV (basic channels) in 2nd Bedroom.
- library of books, board game collections and home charging & security devices / smoke / carbon monoxide / motion detector.
- gourmet kitchen w/ stainless steel stove, fridge, microwave, stove and oven, blender, toaster and coffee maker w/coffee, tea and local Russian River or Mendocino beer in the fridge for you to enjoy!
- hardwood floors throughout the house with oriental rugs, high ceilings, recessed lighting, ceiling fans, long windows & a sunny window bench!
- master bedroom w/ NEW Posturepedic king size bed overlooking garden. bedding is 100% cotton sheets, European-style duvet. Ensuite 1/2 bathroom. sufficiently-sized closet leading to private 1/2 bath. Comfy towels and two robes that are perfect for lounging on weekends are included.
- second bedroom with an X-Long Twin: 39 x 80 inches (99 x 203 cm), an additional single roll-away and a couch, 100% cotton sheets, European-style duvet. wall-length windows and French doors to balcony overlooking garden
- full-sized bathroom (off hallway) with "marbled" tile and frameless glass shower
- full size ironing board and iron
- all closets and dressers are empty and available for your personal belongings
- Front washer and dryer available for 7+ day stay only (must make arrangements to use prior to occupancy)
EXTERIOR - a wild garden, lawns and shade trees, teak garden furniture, classic paint-peeling Adirondack chairs and a fiery, climbing bougainvillea. perfect for outside dining or relaxing with old fashioned fire-pit, charcoal grill & table tennis (depending on season).
- raised flower and vegetable beds, edible garden herbs, berries and regular visits from a possum, butterflies and hummingbirds.
- designated off-street parking space and ample parking space for other vehicles (without restrictions) .
+ My business guests have stayed here while meeting & working with Airbnb, Stratajet, Glass & Marker, Home Away/VRBO, Fossil, yCentric, UC Berkeley, ADVmicrogrid and various start-ups located nearby.
Seasonal Availability (May-Sept): There are TWO bikes. Must make arrangements to use prior to occupancy - minimal charge for use of our bikes is less than local rental co's. so that I can maintain a repair budget.
WHY STAY HERE? Our safe neighborhood has plenty of non-restricted street parking, lovely Victorians, 3 blocks from the water (hello perfect morning walk!) and minutes from groceries, coffee shops and restaurants. Regular bus line and bus to downtown SF/BART/Ferry bus is 2 blocks away, an easy way to check out the City!
The Oakland hills, across the freeway, offers towering redwood filled forests and amazing hiking trails that are off the beaten path. Cool bars, yoga, pilates, and the best fresh made ice cream in the area (Tucker's) are close by!
Oakland Airport is ten minutes by car, SFO is 40 minutes by BART train.
There is a binder filled with all the fun things to check out, from award winning local wineries to the huge art + antique fair on the first Sunday of the month (Diane Keaton was spotted last year), hiking, beautiful walks, day trips, our fave local hangouts, as well as suggestions for what to check out during your stay.
Sounds like we certainly have several ideas about what makes a satisfying getaway on the island of Alameda. Above all, we enjoy the light, the space, the modern simplicity - and the pleasure they provide. We want you to enjoy the sights, the people, the eateries ..the SF Bay Area! Abby, the red dog, and I are close by so I can be around as is comfortable to you. Guest AccessWenn Sie nicht aus Eine Airbnb Profil ausgefüllt, geben Sie bitte in Ihrer Anfrage Ihren Namen / Lage, Ort der Beschäftigung / Beruf, und der Grund für Ihren Aufenthalt in der Bay Area. Interaction with GuestsIf you have not filled out an airbnb profile, please include in your inquiry all guests' names/address, occupation, and the reason for your travel in the Bay Area so I get to know you a bit better! The NeighborhoodCheck out my GUIDEBOOK on this site for nearby attractions/food/shopping!
FOOD: Nob Hill (2531 Blanding Ave), an all-around basic large grocery store (like Safeway) or Alameda Marketplace (1650 Park St), a junior sized "Whole Foods" – it is a collection of artisan and independent businesses and excellent place to grab some items when short on time. Vendors include: east end pizza: excellent thin crust pizza -sushi kng: grab and dash sushi -alameda natural market-avoid the lines by shopping here, more $ -baron's meats-great steaks/beef/chicken/fish -the beanery: fair traded coffee, nice brew -massage for those in knead -ching hua: avoid the happy hour appetizers -culina: nice artisan sammies -farmstead wines & cheeses: new vineyards highlighted and cheesy samples -feel good bakery: pricing is cheaper here than at the farmers market.
Day trip suggestions: 1) Take the Ferry from Alameda to San Francisco - explore the Ferry Bldg, Pier 39, Union Sq and everything that SF has to offer! 2) Explore the breweries on Alameda Naval Base (Hangar One Vodka/St. George's Brewery/Rock Wall Winery - simply the best view of the Bay Area! Walk the Alameda beaches or bike ride along the SF Bay Area Trail 3) Explore the wine regions one hour away - Napa or Sonoma Valley / Take the Wine Train!
A sample of Alameda’s notable/award-winning restaurants: Burmese (Burma Superstar), Japanese (Sushi House), Thai (Spice I Am), Mexican (La Penca Azul), Cambodian (Angkor Grill), Vietnamese (Dragon Rouge), German (Speisekammer), bar food (Scolari's), Euro (Pappo's), and Greek (Troy). If you just want a good omelet with your coffee, visit Ole's and Jim's.
THINGS TO DO: Take a quick and memorable ride on the Ferry to the City! attend Alameda’s infamous classic art deco movie theatre or dine in Downtown Park Street with a myriad of upscale dining choices and cafes ...or visit Napa and Sonoma Valleys and the ocean!