The SpaceFrom luxury ensuite bathrooms (which no one has to share) to impressive views, each room at the Blue Heron retreat is loaded with features to help make your stay on Prince Edward Island your favorite vacation ever. More than big enough to host two families or several couples, the Blue Heron Retreat goes the extra mile at every turn.
The Blue Heron Retreat is a stately home whose origin extends over 140 years. It has recently undergone complete reconstruction and renovation to include modern amenities and appointments throughout. The building was renovated and remodeled to operate as a five star B&B from 2007 to 2013. It has become a fully modern and luxurious retreat from the stress and daily concerns of a busy world to the easy pace of life and the sanctuary of The Gentle Island - Prince Edward Island.
Maybe your favorite experience will be relaxing in the outdoor hot tub overlooking the Confederation Bridge. Or it could be exploring the tidal pools on the red sand beach. Perhaps you will fall in love with watching the sunset over the ocean. Your favorite part may be coming home to the super comfortable beds and cozy bathrobes at the end of a long day exploring Prince Edward Island. Everyone who visits the Blue Heron Retreat discovers their own favorite experience during their stay.
- If you like to cook, you'll love the 3 ovens (including one steam oven),
- If you like adventure, you’ll love exploring the shoreline in one of the two included ocean kayaks,
- If you like to relax, you'll love the double person Jacuzzi and beautiful hand-tiled shower in the master suite,
- If you're looking to reconnect with your partner, you'll enjoy the Loft bedroom on the third floor with skylights, beautiful ocean views and private dance floor area, and
- If you are looking to make new memories to last a lifetime, you’ll love the Blue Heron Retreat. Guest AccessWe would love to work with you to help plan your stay and suggest hidden gems, culinary delights, and fun day trips to make the most of your PEI experience. National Park Pass included with rental for you to enjoy all the natural beauty PEI has to offer! Interaction with GuestsWe would love to work with you to help plan your stay and suggest hidden gems, culinary delights, and fun day trips to make the most of your PEI experience. National Park Pass included with rental for you to enjoy all the natural beauty PEI has to offer! We have staff minutes down the road who are more than willing to help you out with any planning you need. They can recommend concerts and plays in the area, scenic walks, antique shops, restaurants, and even places to get fresh seafood right off the boat. The NeighborhoodThe Blue Heron Retreat is a short and scenic country drive from Victoria by the Sea, Charlottetown and Summerside. We are located within a short drive from golf courses, deep sea fishing charters, restaurants and so much more. Within five minutes of Gateway Village, a bright and interesting collection of shopping experiences at the PEI end of The Confederation Bridge.
The red soft sanded beach below the Blue Heron Retreat offers tidal pool exploration, beach combing and is an ideal spot for picnics. It features warm water for both river and ocean swimming. Other Things to NoteDetails:
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
The Loft: 1 king
The Master: 1 queen
OceanView 1: 1 queen
OceanView 2: 1 queen
The Singles: 2 twin/ single
Singles can be pushed together to make comfy king
All bedrooms feature bathrobes and memory foam mattresses. Den has pullout bed available and there is also a double size blow-up mattress.
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
The Loft Ensuite: toilet, combination tub/shower, jetted tub
Master Room Ensuite: toilet, shower, jetted tub which is a double Person Jacuzzi with ocean views. Huge walk-in shower
OceanView Room 1 Ensuite: toilet, combination tub/shower, jetted tub
OceanView Room 2 Ensuite: toilet, shower
Bathroom #5: toilet, shower. Located near hot tub for quick rinses after beach / hot tub
Bathroom #6: toilet