Other Things to NoteThe following Vacation Rental Agreement must be signed, dated and returned to rental owner 14 days prior to scheduled arrival:
Vacation Rental Agreement
This agreement is executed and entered into on ___________________ by and between Jacqueline Feley (hereinafter referred to as “owner”), and _______________________ (hereinafter referred to as “tenant/s”) for rental of the dwelling at 3876 Allegan Dam Road, Allegan, Michigan 49010 (“the property”) under the following terms and conditions:
1.TERM OF THE AGREEMENT- Tenants are allowed occupancy of the property on _________________at ______ pm and ending __________________ at ______ am. Number of adults ____, number of children ____, number and type of pet/s_________________________. People other than those included in the number listed above may not stay overnight on the property. Provide the names of guests to homeowner.
2.FEE- Tenants agree to pay ____________ for rent, and ____________ for a one-time cleaning fee, for a total of __________________. The total payment is due on or before ____________, or as set forth on VRBO or Airbnb.
3.FORM OF PAYMENT- Tenants agree to pay the rent and the security deposit in cash, cashier’s check, certified check, or money order payable to Jacqueline Feley. Personal check is acceptable if received 15 business days prior to beginning of the occupancy term. Or payment must be made as set forth by VRBO or Airbnb when booking through these websites.
4.SECURITY DEPOSIT AND CANCELLATION POLICY- A security deposit of ___________ is due at the time of signing of this agreement. Owner may withhold from this deposit what is reasonably necessary to cover tenants defaults including but not limited to: (1) damages to the property or furnishings; (2) any excessive cleaning costs; (3) unpaid rent and various other accrued and unpaid charges; (4) any breach of paragraph 12; and (5) any other cost incurred by homeowners due to guest’s stay. A 20% fee will be charged for any cancellations within 60 days of initial occupancy date.
5.REFUND OF TENANTS’ DEPOSIT- Within 14 days after tenants have moved out completely, owners shall return all security deposit sums remaining.
6.PETS- Pets are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet Addendum must be completed.
7.CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT- Check-in time starts at ____ pm: check-out time is ____am.
8.SMOKING- No smoking allowed inside the property. Smoking outside is allowed, provided that no litter/cigarette butts are left behind.
9.CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY- There is no daily housekeeping service. The tenants shall keep the property and its furnishings in clean and orderly condition, and shall keep all appliances clean and in good working order (use for their intended purpose only). If linens and bath towels are provided, we do not allow them to be taken out of the unit (please bring your own beach towels). Vacuum cleaner and cleaning supplies are provided at the property. Before vacating the premises, tenants shall return the property to broom-swept condition.
(URL HIDDEN)10(URL HIDDEN) GARBAGE- Any garbage must be stowed in the proper garbage o(URL HIDDEN) recycling receptacle, located near the pole barn.
11(URL HIDDEN)DAMAGE- Tenants agree to pay for repairs of all damage, which they or(URL HIDDEN)their guests have caused.
12. PEACE AND QUIET- Guests should not create excessive noise at a level(URL HIDDEN) that disturbs neighbors. Tenants agree that they will refrain from making(URL HIDDEN) loud or bothersome noises and disturbances, that they will keep down the(URL HIDDEN) volume of their music at all times so as not to disturb other people’s peac(URL HIDDEN) and quiet. Complaints by neighbors or a visit from law enforcement could(URL HIDDEN) result in forfeiture of the security deposit.
13. LAWFUL USE- Tenants agree that they will not themselves engage in an(URL HIDDEN) illegal activities on the premises nor will they allow others to engage in any(URL HIDDEN) illegal activities on the premises insofar as they have the power to stop suc(URL HIDDEN) activities.
14. INSURANCE-The owner has obtained insurance to cover fire damage to th(URL HIDDEN) building itself. The units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible(URL HIDDEN) for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or it(URL HIDDEN) facilities (this includes swimming). The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal(URL HIDDEN) belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is(URL HIDDEN) agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising(URL HIDDEN) from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
15. FIREPLACE- Please do not throw any paper or other combustible material(URL HIDDEN) in the fireplace. (Use only kindling and wood to start and burn fire.)
16. WATER AND SEPTIC- The cottage is on a well and septic system. The(URL HIDDEN) minerals content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water ma(URL HIDDEN) have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog u(URL HIDDEN) if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet(URL HIDDEN) paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found tha(URL HIDDEN)
(URL HIDDEN) feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could b(URL HIDDEN) charged damages of up to $6,000.00.
17. ACCESS- Guest shall allow homeowner or a qualified service provider access t(URL HIDDEN)the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise(URL HIDDEN)this right of access in a reasonable manner.
18. ENTIRE AGREEMENT- As written, this agreement (along with a pet addendum(URL HIDDEN)if a pet is a guest) constitutes the agreement between tenants and owner. They(URL HIDDEN)have made no further promises of any kind to one another, nor have they reached(URL HIDDEN)any other understandings, either verbal or written.
19. CONSEQUENCES- Violation of any part of this agreement or nonpayment of(URL HIDDEN)rent when due shall be cause for eviction under appropriate sections of applicabl(URL HIDDEN)code and loss of security deposit in part or full. Should tenant holdover or other(URL HIDDEN)wise stay in the premises after the end of the lease term, tenant shall pay to owner(URL HIDDEN)$450.00 per day that they retain possession of said premises. If for any reason(URL HIDDEN)said premises becomes unavailable for lease term or tenant must vacate premise(URL HIDDEN)prior to expiration of lease term, tenants sole remedy against owner shall be a(URL HIDDEN)prorated refund of the paid rent.
20. LEGAL SEVICES FEES- In the event of any dispute arising out of this(URL HIDDEN)agreement, the breaching party shall be responsible for the non-breaching party’(URL HIDDEN)reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs.
21. CHOICE OF LAW- This agreement shall be construed in accordance with the(URL HIDDEN)laws of the state of Michigan. Any dispute arising out of this agreement shall b(URL HIDDEN)adjudicated in the Circuit Court of Allegan County, Michigan(URL HIDDEN)22. ACKNOWLEDGMENT- Tenants hereby acknowledge that they have read thi(URL HIDDEN)agreement, understand it, agree to it, and have been given a copy .
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon check-in, the guest shall inform homeowner immediately.
The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the signatures set forth below.
Name (print)__________________________Name (print)________________________
Phone # (during stay):Phone # (during stay):