Forbans Beach House is only 15 steps from one of the Seychelles' best beaches is a secluded villa ideal for large groups up to 12 people. It was our family home for over 3 years and we are pleased to offer our Beach House to you with the benefit of our significant upgrade and refurbishment which we completed in September, 2014. Our Beach House is not 'by' or 'near' the beach, it is beach front!!!
The Beach House is nestled in a private enclave with one other house and thus benefits from almost 100 meters of quasi-private beachfront. Furthermore the Anse Forbans beach is over 400 meters long and its sister beach (connected at low tide) is over 800 meters long. The Beach House sits off the main road via a private access road and is further buffered by high walls and with two locked access gates for private access to the beach. The Beach House has 700 square meters of lush tropical garden and is private, secluded and safe for small children and families.
The Beach House also features:
• All four bedrooms (entire house has A/C) are air conditioned and feature orthopedic spring mattresses and pedestal fans enabling peaceful sleep to the tranquil sounds of the waves of Anse Forbans – there is also two rollaway beds, sofa bed, 3 baby cots and a children's bed;
• Of particular interest for two families/groups travelling together, one bedroom (of the four villa bedrooms) is a self contained flat with its own entrance and features a refrigerator, Nespresso machine, toaster, sink and couch (sofa bed), queen sized bed with orthopedic mattress, bathroom and its own terrace with teak dining table for 4/5 people which allows large groups to share the villa yet maintain privacy and separation;
• There is a second bedroom with orthopedic spring mattress with ensuite full bathroom with A/C and pedestal fan.
The remaining two bedrooms each have two single beds with orthopedic mattresses, A/C, pedestal fans and they share a bathroom.
• Three bathrooms – all with shower or bath/shower, sink and toilet. In addition there is also an outdoor shower near the beachfront;
• 2 outdoor terraces with separate dining areas: a teak table for up to 12 people and in separate terrace, a teak dining table for four or five;
• Rattan furniture on the terrace plus 12 sun loungers for the garden or beach – beach towels are included as well;
• Indoor dining table for 6 people plus a living room with 2x3 person couches and several sitting chairs including ones for children with a large screen TV and all-regions DVD player (plus a library of movies for the whole family);
Outdoor picnic table for the beach or sundowner corner plus 8 plastic chairs which is perfect for easily moving around on the beach and having lazy lunches or dinners with the waters of Anse Forbans lapping at your feet.
• Catering by excellent local Seychellois cooks can be arranged including full-time catering;
• Daily maid service (Monday to Friday except national holidays); and optional laundry service, clients also have their own washing machine to use as well;
• BBQ facilities are included and optional BBQ services including grilling and cooking, food prep and cleaning can be arranged;
• Fully equipped kitchen (American size) and BBQ facilities – catering can be arranged;
petanques/boules in the garden of the Beach House – we provide a petanque set;
• Multitude of family games are provided including Backgammon, Chess, Chinese Chequers, Dominoes, Jenga, Solitaire, Draughts, Fox and Hens, Ludo, Nine Men's Morris, Tiddlywinks, Pick Up Sticks, Snakes and Ladders, Halma, Spook Sticks, Yatzy, Whist, Hearts, Seven Up, Rummy and Giveaway.
The Beach House is ideal for children and babies, family/kids friendly features include:
• 3 high chairs + children's dining table and chairs
• small outdoor picnic table for children – ideal for meals in the garden or on the beach;
• One rocking horse + Multitude of toys
• Car Seats for babies and the 3 to 6 years old kids
• One IKEA day bed
• Baby baths
• Small step for kids to use the bathroom
• Children's potty
• 3 Baby cot/cribs
• Children's dining table for inside + a children's picnic table for the beach/garden
• Moveable children's play pen plus soft play mat
The Beach House has a great location which is secluded in the undeveloped south of Mahe yet benefits from nearby and readily available restaurants, shops and services, including:
• Many of Seychelles' best beaches including Petite Anse, Intendance, Anse Boileau, Parnel, Anse Soleil and Takamaka are just minutes away.
• water sports: swimming, kayaking ( a kayak for 3/4 people is included), snorkeling, fishing, hiking…and Mahe's only golf course is 15 minutes away by car or bus;
• nature walks and guided cultural tours can be arranged and customized to the Beach House guest's wishes allowing you to discover hidden local secrets;
• PADI dive shop is 10 minutes (bus or car) away from the Beach House - offers diving gear with dedicated dive team and boat.
• Neighborhood grocery store within 150 meters walking on foot
• Two large grocery stores only 5 minutes away by public transport or car;
• Surfers Restaurant - an 800 meter scenic coastal stroll away serving food daily until 10pm – they also can deliver food to the Beach House;
• Oceanview Cocktail Bar - less than 200 meters away;
• Allamanda restaurant featuring both buffet and a la carte options - less than 200 meters away;
• Hilton Spa featuring a range of massage and beauty treatments – less than 200 meters away
• Anse Royale, second principal city of Mahe is 10 minutes away by car or public transport. Anse Royale offers several restaurants and scuba diving shop and additional grocery stores. It also has the 2nd largest hospital in the Seychelles and there is a fully stocked private pharmacy/drug store.
• Marine charters and car rentals can be arranged;
• Chez Batista features fabulous Sunday buffets and daily grilled fish specials. Only 5 minutes from the Beach House by car; and
• Public transport: a bus stop is less than 80 meters from the villa
Anse Forbans Beach is the jewel of the south of Mahe. Compared to its peer of group of top Seychelles beaches, Anse Forbans stands out as it is not dominated by major hotel developments. It is a half kilometre long and a narrow stretch of soft sand beach with coral stones scattered across it due to the closeness of the reef, which encircles the bay approximately 100 metres offshore. The beach is considered safe for swimming, especially in front of the beach house and on both sides.
Guests of the Forbans Beach House love sunning for hours on one of 12 sun loungers which can be rolled onto the beach. Or pulled into the shade of the coconut trees that line the beach front.
Anse Forbans Beach, especially in front of the Beach House, is quasi a private beach that is deserted during the week. Saturdays and Sundays are busier as Seychellois families come to picnic on the beach.
The Forbans Beach House is privileged to have the ideal position on Anse Forbans Beach. As you move further south past the Beach House and past the Hilton four star hotel, the beach leads onto Anse Marie Louise. Children and teenagers will enjoy spending hours exploring the beaches of Anse Forbans & Anse Marie Louise.
Anse Marie Louise is the last beach along the tarred coastal road of southeast MahĂŠ. It shares a quiet bay with Anse Forbans. Green Vouloutye bushes and coconut palms hide the beach from the roadside. Anse Marie Louise is protected by a reef approximately 100 metres offshore. Small coral stones are scattered across the beach due to the nearby reef.
At low tide on Anse Forbans Beach, you can cross in front of the large boulders on the Beach. Just on the other side of those boulders lies the four star Hilton hotel. However, you can't view the hotel from Anse Forbans Beach as the large boulders blocks its view. Below is a picture of Anse Marie Louise leading onto Anse Forbans Beach with the hotel. The Beach House is on the other side of the large boulders.
Anse Forbans is a half kilometre long and a narrow stretch of soft sand beach with coral stones scattered across it due to the closeness of the reef, which encircles the bay approximately 100 metres offshore. The beach is considered safe for swimming, especially in front of the beach house and on both sides.
Beachfront Villa on 1 of Seychelles' best beaches - 15 steps from quasi-private beach; ideal for large groups/families traveling together; includes maid, manager on site, AC, wifi, BBQ in tropical garden with 12 sun loungers & furniture for dining on beach & in garden