The SpaceAll Yours! The home has 3 very large bedrooms, all very private. Beautiful chefs kitchen with large dining area. Well stocked. Outdoor grill. Guests must bring and prepare meals. Living room and office areas. Large and inviting decks overlooking the silhouettes of tall trees. Lovely refreshing pool, heated by sun only and may be brisk depending on weather conditions. 3 acres of privacy. ADDITIONAL CELL SERVICE/WIFI NOTE: Due to the nature and location of our area, cell service best with Verizon, though not always strong. Our internet service is not always reliable and be prepared should it be offline on occasion. Nevertheless, bring laptop/tablet for internet calls should you not receive cell service. STRICT NO PET POLICY. Private Road: 5 mph limit, thanks! No events or parties, facilities reserved for staying guests only. Thanks in advance. Guest AccessGuests are welcome to everything accessible as the entire home is yours throughout your stay. However, please stay within the spacious confines of the front deck and large back yard/pool ares. Please note, forested outdoor environment. Private Road: Please do not exceed 5 mph speed at any time. Interaction with GuestsI prefer brief interaction with guests, at least to answer any questions or to make sure special requests are met, if any. There is a small separate cottage on the property that is rarely occupied. All amenities at main house is reserved for only the guests staying in the main house, including yards and pool area. The NeighborhoodConvenient to all wedding and outdoor event venues in our area. Our particular property is easy to find and not far away from Foresthill proper (3 miles), and only 13 miles from Hwy 80, Auburn. However, you will feel a million miles away from everything, as this is truly "A Foresthill Retreat". Getting AroundThere is no public transportation and a vehicle will be necessary. All driving directions will be provided upon booking, upon request. Other Things to NoteADDITIONAL 8% TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY TAX REQUIRED BEFORE OR UPON ARRIVAL, EXTRA GUEST FEES OVER 5 PEOPLE PAID, AND ANY OTHER FEES APPLICABLE, ALL DUE PRIOR TO OCCUPANCY. Note: Babies and children are deemed persons and are subject to extra guest fees, as it is not pursuant to the space, but by liability. By booking, guest automatically agrees to contents of rental agreement and all contents in this listing. FURTHERMORE, all liability falls within the responsibility of Renter. Renter is solely responsible and accepts all liabilities where injury, death, damage to personal property and all incidents. Anyone booking this home will be responsible and liable for person(s) in their party, their guests, and any persons, guests, services they should invite onto this property. We want you to feel at home and well taken care of. Please, feel free to contact us with any questions or possible special needs. MASSAGE THERAPY MAY BE AVAILABLE UPON PRIOR APT/PAYMENT. By booking reservation, guest agrees to all contents of rental agreement and departure checklist. Booking will not be complete and guests will not be allowed to check in without payment in full including all applicable fees. Guests through Air BnB will comply with the damage deposit protocol, and host shall retain the right to file claim for any damages as a result of guest(s) stay. Contact Owner for holiday rates/availability prior to booking. Rates subject to change. All requests submitted to Owner in writing. Additional services listed will be paid separately. Absolutely NO PETS, NO INDOOR SMOKING. Separate Rental Agreement must be reviewed, and a signed copy of Page 5 faxed to: Attn Anna Maria (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
RENTAL AGREEMENT and DEPARTURE CHECKLIST for
A Foresthill Retreat, Foresthill, CA, 95631
Dated And Accepted Upon Booking or Tenant’s Signature
1. CHECK-IN TIME: AFTER 3:00 PM / CHECK-OUT TIME IS BEFORE 11:00 AM. No early check-in or late check-out without written approval from Owner (set-up preparation time). Contact Owner within 24/48 hours before scheduled arrival time to request/confirm earlier check-in or later check-out.
2. REVIEW HOUSE MANUAL, DEPARTURE CHECKLIST AND HOUSE RULES. A House Manual is provided to answer any questions in regards to the running of the home. A Departure Checklist is also provided and lists all expected departure procedures. (A copy of the departure expectations are listed under “Departure Procedures” herein. By making your reservation you agree to the House Rules provided in the listing and posted instructions in the home, as well as in this Agreement, and accept the Agreement and Departure Procedures as well.
3. NO INDOOR SMOKING. NO EXCEPTIONS. Comfortable smoking areas located on front and back decks.
4. NO PETS WHATSOEVER. NO EXCEPTIONS. Not inside or outside the home, in vehicles or anywhere on the property. Please alert your visitors as well to make other arrangements for pets.
5. MINIMUM STAY: This property required a two (2) night minimum stay, unless other arrangements are made with Owner prior to booking reservation. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods at the Owner’s discretion. RATES MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
6. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: The maximum number of visiting guests shall not exceed 8 persons with prior written permission by Owner. Though visitors with no pets are welcome, total number of persons must be disclosed to Owner prior to check-in. Any overnight visitors of Tenants exceeding five (5) persons must be approved by Owner, and additional fees ($60.00 per person/per night, plus tax) are paid in full. If go unpaid prior to check-out, they will automatically be deducted from damage deposit. This is due to septic and insurance regulations. Contact Owner for requests.
7. CLEANING FEE: Is to make sure you receive the home in clean condition and includes a one-time set-up, i.e. linens, towels and a warm welcome. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE AVAILABLE.
Tenants are responsible to clean up after themselves. The Cleaning Fee DOES NOT include missed items listed on Departure Checklist/Procedures and House Rules. (This includes interior/exterior negligence/disrespect/mistreatment of premises and it’s contents, including but not limited to soiled carpets/couches/decks, picking up after Tenants, or anything other than “normal wear and tear” upon Tenant’s departure. Any additional cleaning/damage will revert to Damage Deposit.
RENTAL AGREEMENT: A Foresthill Retreat, Foresthill, CA, 95631
Page 2 of 5
8. PARKING: Parking spaces (5) identified and provided in front of garage door area. Observe no parking signs on driveway and above left garage door, if posted. If you have oil leaks please park on dirt. Do not park in front of small cottage home.
9. RESERVATIONS, PAYMENTS, AND AGREEMENT: An advance payment of 100% of rental rate including additional guest fees ($60.00 per person, per night), plus 8% Transient Occupancy Tax (County mandated), plus non-refundable cleaning fee, plus damage deposit is required 90 days in advance of occupancy (or at the time of booking reservation if less than 90 days in advance) unless other written arrangements have been made with Owner. This, and your signed Agreement will secure your reservation and rental rate will be applied toward unit rent. This Agreement must be reviewed, printed (Page 5 only), signed and submitted EITHER BY FAX OR MAIL: FAX TO: Attn: Anna Maria (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or MAIL TO: Anna Maria Murazzo, P.O. Box 728, Foresthill, CA, 95631.
If Reserved Through Listing Site: The site you choose to reserve through will accept your rental payment, fees and damage deposit. All communications to be through listing site holding reservation. Damage Deposit will be refunded directly through this listing site should there be no damage as per their refund procedures.
If Reserved Directly Through Owner: Make separate checks (one for rental/taxes/cleaning fees; one for separate damage deposit AND, one for massage services if applicable. All checks made payable to Anna Maria Murazzo, P.O. Box 728, Foresthill, CA, 95631. Please include a signed copy of Page 5 of Agreement. Damage deposit will be deposited in an escrow account and refunded check, postmarked within five (5) business days after departure, assuming no damage/default. Allow enough time for checks to be received and clear our bank.
10. CHILD/ELDER SUPERVISION AND SAFETY: A supervising adult over the age of 18 must be present and responsible for children under 18, or for adults with disabilities in and/or around the home at all times. No child under the age of 18 will be left on the premises without a supervising adult present at any time. Note, this home is NOT child proof, children must be well attended.
11. POOL AND SAFETY RULES: NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY, ENTER POOL AREA/SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK. Please read, understand and adhere to these rules: Owner must be notified prior to arrival if children will be visiting at any time. Alarm activation instructions will be given. Pool directly accessible from back doors of home. Abide by all pool rules posted on the property including no diving or running at any time. Do not enter pool while intoxicated. No glass in or around pool area, deck area only. Saving floatation device is located at the exterior back door of home in pool area. Emergency information posted. First aid kit located in cabinet over dryer. Pool systems shall not be tampered with for any reason by Tenant and Guests/Visitors. Please dry off before entering home to prevent floor damage (laundry area ok). Contact Owner with questions prior to arrival. POOL IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR USE OF TENANTS LEASING LARGE HOME.
12. FORESTED ENVIRONMENT: Property exterior perimeters indigenous greenery, including poison oak/ivy. Be aware, animals including deer, bear, mountain lion, coyote, snakes, spiders and other critters live in the forest. Do not wander property or do so at your own risk. All garbage MUST be placed and secured in garbage can provided outside back door area.
13. DAMAGE DEPOSIT (REFUNDABLE): A refundable damage deposit is required and must be received with full payment upon booking reservation. The deposit may in part or in full, be withheld should damages (other than normal wear and tear) occur due to Tenant negligence and mistreatment of the property, House Rules not adhered to, Departure Procedures not met. Damage deposit shall be refunded as noted above in “Reservations, Payment and Agreement”, assuming the following provisions are met:
RENTAL AGREEMENT: A Foresthill Retreat, Foresthill, CA, 95631
Page 3 of 5
DAMAGE DEPOSIT, Cont’d.:
a. No damage is done to unit or its contents beyond normal wear and tear; b. No contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay are paid in full; c. Number of persons in Tenant’s party do not exceed five (5) persons for overnight stays without prior approval/additional payment; d. Signed Agreement, House Rules and Departure Requirements are met and that the home is left in the clean state as upon arrival (see “House Rules/Departure Requirements“); e. No linens or property of unit is lost/damaged/stolen, including soiled carpets and couches; f. All no access/storage areas are undisturbed; g. No early check-in or late check-out without prior Owner written permission; h. Tenant and Guests/Visitors are not asked to leave/eviction by Owner, owner representative, or law enforcement for any reason. i. NO EVENTS OR PARTIES such as weddings, bbq’s, or any other larger parties permitted, no loud get-togethers. No subletting. Outdoor quiet time is between 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. Tenant and Guests/Visitors in nearby unit and/or neighbors shall not be disturbed; j. All facilities on premises are for initial, booked guests only and that undisclosed overnight guests are paid in full; k. All house/room keys are returned and accounted for: The following will be deducted from damage deposit if missing: 1 or more exterior house keys ($100.00), room keys ($50.00) per room; l. that all expectations in this Agreement are met.
14. CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS: Early departure will not constitute refunds other than damage deposit if no damage occurred as herein; a. Bookings cancelled at least 90 days before start of stay will receive 100% refund; b. Bookings cancelled at least 60 days before start of stay will receive 50% refund; online booking policies supersede if booked through online listing sites; c. Bookings for massage and other services paid and cancelled are not refundable. Cancellations must be made by 12:00 PM CST (central standard time) on the appropriate day. All damage deposits/refunds will be returned via original method of payment, or by bank check if reserved directly through Owner.
Storm/Fire - “Acts of God” Policy: Refunds will be given in the event: a. The National Weather Service or local emergency services orders mandatory evacuations OR local Emergency Management Services (EMS) closes the roads. We will refund: a. Any unused portion of rent from a Tenant currently registered; b. Any unused portion of rent from Tenant that is scheduled to arrive and must shorten their stay, to come in after the evacuation/road closure is lifted; c. Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the evacuation/road closure period.
15. MASSAGE SERVICES: On-site massage service may be available by prior appointment and is dependant on availability. All fees must be paid in full in advance at practitioners current rate. Contact Owner for details. Pre-paid and/or missed appointments not refundable.
16. RATE CHANGES: Rates subject to change without notice. Contact Owner for special pricing, such as holiday rates and extended stays.
17. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS / BOOKINGS: All reservations obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of all advance payments, deposits, rental fees including tax if paid. Owner reserves the right to refuse the Tenant and Guests/Visitors permission to check in. This includes Tenant must be 25 years or older, falsified number of overnight guests in party, etc.
18. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the policies herein must be approved in advance by Owner in writing.
RENTAL AGREEMENT: A Foresthill Retreat, Foresthill, CA, 95631
Page 4 of 5
19. DEPARTURE PROCEDURES: A detailed checklist will be located on a clipboard with House Manual in the kitchen. It will include the following:
a. All debris, rubbish and discards from all areas/rooms are placed in garbage cans, all plastic bottles/aluminum cans will be sorted and placed in recycle bins; b. soiled dishes scrubbed and placed in dishwasher (do not start dishwasher), pots/pans washed thoroughly and placed on drying rack; c. All soiled towels placed on washer/dryer, please leave beds unmade, maid service will remove linens. PLEASE DO NOT WASH HOUSE LINENS; d. Back/front decks and pool areas clean to their original state; e. Relocate any moved/altered furniture to it’s original placement; f. Any music/movies/games returned to their prospective housings and original location; g. All lights/appliances, including furnaces are turned off, including propane tanks under grill/back deck heater; h. Don’t leave belongings behind, Owner not responsible for returns, be sure towels are accounted for; please bring in pads/towels located on front porch and place on bench inside living area; i. All keys left on kitchen island along with checklist; j. All charges accrued if applicable are paid in full; k. Lock all exterior doors upon departure; l. Have a safe trip!
20. TERMINATION: Owner reserves the right to terminate Tenant booking/occupancy and have the premises evacuated without prior notice if Tenant(s) in default of this Agreement.
RENTAL AGREEMENT: A Foresthill Retreat, Foresthill, CA, 95631
Page 4 of 5
21. LIABILITIES/ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: RELEASE AND INDEMNIFY: This home is privately owned. By entering into this agreement, Tenant acknowledges the contents of this Agreement, and agrees to respect the home and assume all risks and liabilities for themselves, their visitors and anyone invited on the premises by Tenant or their visitors for any reason, including but not limited to:
a. Accidents, injuries, illness and/or death, or any incidents that may occur under any circumstance while on the premises, including, but not limited to, parking areas, walkways, stairs, forested areas, pool and surrounding areas, and the property facilities, or traveling to and from premises; b. Loss or damage (vehicles included) of personal belongings or valuables of Tenants and Guests/Visitors.
By booking a reservation either by Listing Site or directly through Owner, you agree to the contents of this Agreement, Departure Checklist and House Rules which are made a part hereof. By entering into this Agreement, it is solely at the Tenants and Guests/Visitors own risk. It is agreed that all Tenants and Guests/Visitors are assuming any and all risk of liability and harm arising from their use of the premises, or otherwise on/in/around/near/to and from the premises. Tenants entering into this Agreement are directly responsible for their Guests/Visitors, and assume all risk and liability associated therewith. Tenants agree to hold harmless, release and indemnify Owner, including, but not limited to, its heirs, relations, affiliations, associations against any and all lawsuits, including, but not limited to, all third party liability actions arising from or connected to this reservation. Owner does not make any representations or warranties concerning the property or services herein provided.
I, the Tenant(s) agree to all the terms of this Agreement and have reviewed pertinent documentation in relation hereto, including Departure Procedures and House Rules. I agree that all rental monies are non-refundable. By signing below, I acknowledge agree to all terms and conditions of this Agreement. All terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in and under the laws of Placer County, California, and in the State of California.
__________________________________________ Dated: ___________________
Name spelled in plain text
Listing Site and Reservation ID: (If Applicable) _________________________________
Mailing Address: ______________________________________
Email Address: ________________________________________
Phone Number(s): Home _________________________ Cell: _________________________
Driver’s License No: __________________________
REMINDER: Thanks for checking out before 11:00 a.m. The following expectations are standard in the industry. Cleaning deposit does not cover the below. Thank you in advance for respecting our home and leaving it as you found it.
____All debris, rubbish and discards from interior/exterior spaces are placed in garbage cans,
all plastic bottles/aluminum sorted and placed in recycle bins. Wine bottles ok in garbage can.
____Soiled dishes SCRUBBED before placing in dishwasher (do not start dishwasher), pots/pans and
other non-dishwasher items washed thoroughly and placed on drying rack.
_____Turn down bedding, place all used pillows on top and please leave beds unmade. Cleaning
service will remove and sterilize all linens.
____All soiled towels and other soiled linens, etc. (except bedding and existing tablecloth) placed on
washer/dryer. PLEASE DO NOT WASH HOUSE LINENS/TOWELS, ETC.
____Back/front decks, pool area and all other areas used on the premises picked up and cleaned to
their original states AND cushions from front deck bench placed inside on bench near front door.
____Relocate any moved/altered furniture to its original placement.
_____Any music/movies/games, or other items used, returned to their prospective housings and
_____All lights/appliances, including all furnaces and air conditioners are turned off. Make sure all
exterior propane tanks (under grill/back deck heater) are in the off position.
_____Please bring in chair pads/pillows from front porch and place on bench inside living area.
_____Check the home for any forgotten belongings, including unused food. Please do not tak(URL HIDDEN) anything belonging to our home, including unused supplies, linens, or any other items.
_____All additional charges accrued if applicable are paid in full via cash. Wells Fargo ATM available
next to Post Office in town (about 5-7 min drive). This includes additional guest overnight fees
($60.00/person per night, plus 8% occupancy tax).
_____Rental Agreement signed and submitted to Owner. If you have not done so, please find a copy
in Houise Manual, sign and leave for Owner with keys.
_____All keys accounted for and placed on kitchen island along with checklist. Lost keys will be
deducted from damage deposit (see Agreement). Please, lock all exterior doors upon
Thank you in advance for your favorable review regarding your stay at our home. Reviews are important to our success. Please feel free to take a few business cards to pass along to your friends! We hope you had a pleasant stay and look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels!!