The SpaceLooking for a respite from the hectic city life, in a peaceful setting, surrounded by nature, with all of it's glorious wonders!
Perhaps you are looking to spend a romantic weekend getaway...
Maybe you are an artist, writer, musician, and need a place to be inspired...or anyone wishing to just "unplug"!
We all need a place to retreat and connect with nature, and enjoy the beauty, sounds, and smells, to be fully engaged with all of our senses!
A stay in the rustic off grid cabin, may be just the place to feeds your soul!
The Cabin is a light filled, two room, rustic space, furnished with lovely vintage pieces, warm and homey! It's a very peaceful space, with kerosene oil lanterns, wood stove, as well as an outdoor summer kitchen. (Kitchen moved indoors for winter).
*****PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING IN WINTER: Cabin can get chilly in the coldest of temps...please consider not booking if you are not prepared to deal with a rustic, minimally insulated, rustic cabin in the winter!! Please check forecast...I do not control the weather, so please book accordingly.
There is a wood stove, and gas stove as well...I will let you know the best place to pick up firewood for your stay.
*** PLEASE NO DEET PRODUCTS, if you need bug repellent, use only natural oils based on property. Also, no chemical soaps, shampoos, etc. I supply those for your use.
*** NO SMOKING anywhere on the property! This is not negotiable...
* French Press, Espresso Stove top pot
* Outdoor mini fridge
* Pots/Pans, flatware, basic kitchenware
* Fresh well water provide in glass crock
* Organic ground coffee, spices, organic teas, local honey, organic raw sugar, stevia, organic oatmeal, grits.
*Cotton Sheets/Flannel in cooler months ,warm, layered bedding provided.
Bed linens provided
* Natural shampoos and Dr. Bronner's soap (please only use biodegradable, natural products, which I provide...other's are not a healthy choice for draining onto the ground).
* Various books, puzzles, cards, and games
*Vintage radio in outdoor kitchen with Sirius XM Radio...
** If there is a spice, or anything you need, I am close by on the property, so feel free to ask, and I am more than happy to share what I have!
There is also an outdoor charcoal grill (so bring along some charcoal and essentials for grilling out)!
* Cabin is for up to two guests
****COOL WEATHER NOTES****
This is a very rustic cabin...but has a nice wood stove to cozy up to. Please bring warmer clothes, as it can get cool, especially in the evenings. On a Sunny day, the cabin fills with warm sunlight...perfect spot to get all cozy, with blankets, in front of the wood fire.
***Using a wood stove. It could help if you looked up using wood stoves, to familiarize yourself with the process, also I will show you how.
* This cabin, is for people that want a more "upscale" camp like experience...please check out my other cabin listing if wanting a bit less of the outdoors.
There is a spring fed lake 5 minute drive up the road you can access, for swimming, kayaking, canoeing. Beautiful Vermont and the Adirondacks are within a reasonable driving distance, and so many other beautiful places!
There is a fairly decent signal for att and verizon cell service. I do have internet up at my yurt, if needed.
NOTE: Although the cabin is essentially "off-grid", without electricity...if needed for charging phone, there is a plug outside the door. Guest Access**The bathroom is a rustic, basic compost outhouse.
*** The outdoor shower can get pretty chilly in late fall season, so feel free to use my indoor Yurt shower, all essentials provided...towels, natural shampoos, soaps.
*** Please read through the house rules, Thanks, and enjoy your stay at the cabin!!The summer kitchen is an outdoor, predominately, covered kitchen, with outdoor dining table on quaint deck, as well as umbrella covered additional dining table out your door!
NOTE: With no indoor electricity (except for an outdoor plug for charging phones, etc.), or plumbing...the shower is a shared area with the other cabin on the property, or you can take a bucket style bath!
Enjoy the "back to nature" simplicity!
I do have a garden hose as well...
*** Cooler weather notes: Cabin is partially insulated, but being a rustic cabin, it is not like staying in a house...you need to tend to the fire in the woodstove to keep the warmth, and when the temps dip, the cabin is for the more adventurous, who are looking for an experience to a simpler way of living... Please bring warm, weather appropriate clothes and boots/shoes.
I do provide very warm bedding, pillows, so no need to bring them. Interaction with GuestsThis being my third season as an airbnb host, ( with my first cabin on the property)...I must say, I just love meeting all of the wonderful guests that I have been fortunate to share my tranquil, and lovely spot with!
If I am around, I would be more than happy to answer any questions, or give you ideas, and directions to places of interest.
Perhaps we can even share in a nice glass of wine! I do live on the property in a yurt as well. I am usually always accessible via text, or phone.
* I totally respect my guests privacy, and need for their "alone" time. Please understand that I do wander through the property, tending to my gardens, etc, but will only socialize with guests, if they so desire! The NeighborhoodMy neighborhood is a quiet rural spot on a country dirt road with great, but barely ever seen neighbors. Out here everyone is busy tending to their property, be it farm animals, gardening, or just doing all the chores that are required living a rural life! If you listen you can hear the horse whinny at the landowner next door, or the sheep herd (baaa) in the back of the land! The area is teaming with wildlife. At night, the abundance of stars against the dark night sky, will amaze you! Fireflies magically illuminate the summer nights! And when it's the frogs mating season, which are abundant along the ponds edge, their chorus will sing you to sleep!
Great sunsets as well!
I love where I live, when there is something needed the neighbors are always ready and willing to lend a hand! And when we can we get together for some socializing, we all catch up with each others lives. Out here we respect each others privacy, but think nothing of walking up to each others door and saying hello, or asking for a hand! Getting AroundRural country life just doesn't support public transportation unfortunately (a downside), but we are not far from many conveniences accessible by car, walk, or get on a bike! Other Things to NoteNOTE:
I live in a yurt on the property, as well as another cabin rental...when parking, and walking to and from back cabin, please be mindful of other guests privacy and desire for a peaceful respite, as you walk past their cabin to yours...
** I do have 6 friendly cats that wander the property, and have been in the cabin (in case of allergies), also I have two wandering Guinea Fowl (the clowns)!...that roost in the trees by my other cabin ( they are quite amusing but can be loud at times, they call them the farmer's watchdogs!
Also, please don't be alarmed by the presence of flying or crawling pests, it is a cabin/tent on wooded country property!
** I have a cart for your use, if needed, to carry your supplies from your car to the cabin!
** In the summer, there are plenty of fresh herbs, and mint everywhere for your use. In season, berries as well! I do grow organic vegetables, and am always happy to share in the harvest!
* * I am also a Reiki practitioner. If interested in booking a session, feel free to contact me to set up an appointment, or any questions you may have!
Makes a wonderful surprise gift as well...