Comfortable cottage in Geres fully equipped modern kitchen internet cable tv dvd
- Airport Shuttle
- Pets Allowed
- Swimming Pool
- Smoking Allowed
Come now and contact with the green nature, with the countryside / agriculture, peace / tranquility, escape from their daily routines. Discover new places, cultures and traditions, and authentic / genuine contact with the local population.
These comfortable cottage recently rebuilt maintaining the original architecture, is located in the North of Portugal (Minho), on the left bank of the River Vez, one of the sides of the Peneda Geres National Park.
Grandpa´s Cottage has:
- 2 bedrooms (1 bedroom with 1 double bed and the other with two single beds) and 2 bathrooms, one of them private. With 1 sofa bed in the living room.
- The kitchen is modern and fully equipped with stove, oven, microwave, toaster, coffee machine, dishwasher, fridge. This house has cable TV, hi-fi system, DVD player, Home theater system with full surround sound, internet, heating, salamander.
- The Grandpa´s Cottage has no outside space.
- The picnic area of Senhor dos Aflitos, in Sistelo, has a dining area and barbecue (see photo).
- Bed linen and towels included.
The village of Sistelo has several HISTORICAL ATTRACTIONS to visit, of which we highlight:
- FOOTPATHS that lead to secular Brandas of Sistelo, ideal for lovers of the contact with nature and the mountain;
- CASTLE SISTELO (civil architecture residential, eclectic), Fountain (infrastructural architecture, nineteenth century); Parish Church (religious architecture, and nineteenth-century vernacular), bridges (transport and communications architecture, eighteenth century).
- Sistelo is also famous for its 'SOCALCOS', which arose from the need to increase the agricultural area and counteract the slopes. These structures allowed the development of subsistence agriculture is extremely important for the survival of rural communities. You can see the 'Granaries', built in the seventeenth century, in order to dry the corn.
Sistelo is a village located in northern Portugal, on the left bank of the River Vez, one of the sides of the Peneda Geres National Park, inviting us to climb through the mountains of walking in the footsteps of shepherds and their animals, we lead to secular BRANDAS OF SISTELO, ideal for lovers of the contact with NATURE and the mountain.
The PENEDA GERES NATIONAL PARK is one of the greatest natural attractions in Portugal, due to its impressive scenic beauty, ecological value, ethnographic and variety of fauna (ponies, wolves, birds of prey) and flora (pine, chestnut, oak and various medicinal plants .) It extends from the mountains of Geres, in the south, through the mountains of Peneda to the Spanish border.
Located in the park are important CENTERS OF PILGRIMAGE, the Shrine of Our Lady of Peneda, replica of the sanctuary of Bom Jesus de Braga, and St. Benedict's Open Door, a place of great popular devotion.
This area is characterized by its PARTIES (traditional music, costumes, songs and dances).
There are MARKETS in exceptional Cerveira (Saturday), Viana Do Castelo (Friday), walks (Wednesday) and many others.
Follow the wine route green along the Minho Valley, passing between rolling hills covered with vineyards that produce wine of the region.
OTHER PLACES TO VISIT:
- ARCOS DE VALDEVEZ is located approximately 20 km and is characterized by restaurants, bars, supermarkets and a river beach.
- PONTE DE LIMA is an ancient city about 30 km and is characterized by its medieval architecture. It is surrounded by the river Lima. There is also the Golf Course Ponte de Lima (18 holes) at 25 minutes.
- MELGAÇO, a beautiful town located about 30 km, the river Minho
- MONÇÃO (Region Albariño wine), with three modern supermarkets located 22 km away, has a wonderful outdoor public pool.
- VALENCIA (35 km), the old city, to visit mandatory.
- VIGO (60 km) and Santiago de Compostela (150 km) are other places to visit.