The SpaceThe home features a living room, dining area, fully equipped kitchen, 2 woodstoves, 2 bedrooms, and 1.5 bathrooms.
- A private master with a queen bed, closet and cubby shelves is located in the second floor loft. Outside the master bedroom is a sitting area with a chair, side table and bookshelf for a quiet reading nook looking out into the back woods through the wall of windows.
- On the main level, there is a guest bedroom with a full size bed, closet & dresser.
- There is a twin trundle bed in a partially finished basement bedroom if a rustic extra room is needed.
- The living room offers a couch, recliner, and glider with a TV with Dish network and 120 channels.
- The kitchen is fully stocked with a microwave, toaster, coffee pot, knife block, casserole dishes, pots and pans, full refrigerator, dishwasher. Many extras such as herbs, spices, oil, coffee, tea, sugar, etc. A basic food pantry is available to guests - anything on the shelves is available to guests.
- You can enjoy your morning coffee or evening meal on the spacious back deck overlooking the woods.
- A washer and dryer is located in the basement.
We have a guest info pack that will help you find your way around the house and the area. Come relax and most of all enjoy the area has to offer.
Plenty of Clean Towels
Fresh Sheets & Comforters/blankets
Fully Stocked & Operational Kitchen
Dining Area with seating for 6
Extensive Kitchen Utensils & Dishwasher
Washer & Dryer
Dish TV, Wireless Internet, and phone with unlimited calls within the US
Flat screen TV
Back Deck & Gas Grill
Patio table and seating for 4
Outdoor Fire Pit
Sliding Door to Deck
Various board games and puzzles
Driveway parking included (garage is for owners use only)
Night sky for star gazers
Silence and the sounds of nature
Friendly deer families
The NeighborhoodWith endless activities to choose from, it is ideal for fishermen, kayakers, hikers, cyclists, foliage seekers, skiers and ironman competitors. There are trails available for hiking, cross country skiing and snowshoeing, a small lake for fishing, and tennis courts nearby for you to enjoy. We are located about 10 minutes from a public family beach in Wilmington, 15 minutes from Whiteface Mountain, 20 minutes from Keene, 20 minutes from Ausable Chasm, 25 minutes from Lake Placid, 25 minutes from Keene Valley, 30 minutes from Lake Champlain and 35 minutes to Saranac Lake. Hop on a Ferry from nearby Plattsburgh (35 miles) or Kent (23 miles but runs seasonally) and you can spend a day in Vermont. We are also located 90 minutes from Montreal, which makes a fabulous day trip to this international jewel.
Lake Placid is a charming Alpine town with fabulous dining choices, eclectic shopping and is rich in Olympic history. It was the home of the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics.
If it’s hiking you’re after, you are in the right place. We are located on the eastern edge of the High Peaks with 46 Peaks over 4000 feet. It is one of the most striking and spectacular locations in the entire Adirondacks.
Enjoy the amazing color of the Adirondacks in fall. Drive up the scenic Whiteface Highway to see views of New York, Vermont and Canada, ride the gondola at Whiteface, or just hike and the nature trails or bike the country roads to see the foliage.
Getting AroundThere is no public transportation in the area.
Your own vehicle is highly recommended. For winter stays, winter tires or a 4X4 is also highly recommended as the Adirondacks are prone to significant snowfalls and icy conditions. GPS advisable. Other Things to NoteArea tourist brochures, closest grocery store and gas station, internet access information, etc. is in the welcome binder.