The SpaceRaíces, or "Roots" is the name of our house located in the quiet beach community of Buenos Aires in Maldonado, Uruguay. Situated halfway between Punta del Este and José Ignacio, and only 5 km from La Barra, Raíces is well situated to access the best of the region's beaches, surf, restaurants, art, and nightlife.
Raíces is a small, open-concept beach house, with kitchen, dining area, bathroom, living room, fireplace, and a master bedroom loft. A pull-out sofa provides two additional single beds. There is a large, covered parilla (bar-b-que) in the backyard for grilling and entertaining. There is no fence around the house, and is protected with a programable alarm system.
Within two blocks of the house, there are small grocery markets, a bakery, butcher, pizza place, pharmacy, and internet cafe. There's also a bus stop two blocks away that will take you to Punta del Este, La Barra, José Ignacio, San Carlos, etc.
Pets are welcome in the house. Two neighbourhood dogs, a brother and sister pair (Jose and Sofia), use our yard as a nice napping spot, so you may have some friendly company!
And the best part about Raíces? The beach! There is a beautiful white sand, 10 km long beach less than 150m away, and a dozen quality surf spots within 15km.
A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF RAICES' LAYOUT
- BEDROOMS. 1 bedroom on the second floor, queen size, loft style, and a half-bedroom on the first floor (sofa-bed).
- Open concept
- Electric stove, microwave, fridge & freezer, general cutlery and dishes (for 8 persons to allow for hosting dinners for guests. Note that the maximum capacity is 4 people)
LIVING & DINNING ROOM
- Fire place
- Dining table with 6 chairs (extra chairs outside)
- Full bathroom, hot water tank
- large roofed barbeque with countertop, sink and electrical outlets, table and chairs
- summer shower in the garden
- front garden space and back yard
- space for car parking
- programable alarm system
- potable water supplied from the city water system
- we accept house-trained pets
- garden maintenance (particulary for long-term rentals) Interaction with GuestsPlease don't hesitate to contact us throughout your stay. We'll be happy to give you tips or help with any situation that will make your stay a memorable one.