The SpaceArtisanale Mt Abu is located right behind the local, quaint, touristy village of Oriya. There are not many neighbours in the 3 km radius of our home. The view of the valley stretches for miles ahead of you. The walk up to the home is through a steep road. Guest AccessThe house itself is across 4 levels. It comes fully furnished, comfortable enough for a long weekend with your family or a summer of quite, reclusive writing and reading, away from the hum drum of the cities.
Artisanale Mt Abu has 3 bedrooms each having attached bathrooms. The balconies attached to each bedroom allows you dreamy time during the day. Perfect as well, for your early morning yoga while you face the rising sun. The common spaces like the living room and the outdoor seating are airy, comfortable, secure and good for relaxing or writing that business plan, you were meaning to pen down.
Our housekeeper and his 2 sons, live in a separate room outside the house. He would show you around the house on your arrival, and toss you a local meal from the ingredients available in the local market. I personally love his fulkas and potato parathas with ghee and khichdi. He may not be best person to toss you a western breakfast/ meal. But you would be welcome to toss up your favourites. You would just have to pay for your ingredients or you could bring them to the house to be tossed up. Interaction with GuestsHere is a check list of what is available in the house:
1. Linen/ towels: Yes
2. Internet: No, you could use your own phone for connectivity
3. Telecom connectivity: Very sporadic connectivity in limited areas of the house
4. Toiletries: No, please carry your own
5. Television with cable: Yes
6. Alcohol: Not available within the house, and if you carry your own, we insist that you drink responsibly
7. Smoking: Allowed on the premises, however any upholstery/ bedding that is burnt, will be debited from your security deposit
8. Garbage disposal: We have dry and wet bins
9. Parking: Large spaces available
10: Conveyance: We do have local cab contacts who will ferry you around Mt Abu and can be arranged to pick you from the local airport/ bus/ rail way station.
11. Service room: Any service staff that comes with you can be accommodated in a separate room of the house, the room has floor sleeping. We do have this facility.
12. Appliances available: fridge, toaster, washing machine, gas stove, iron The NeighborhoodMount Abu is beautiful for its temples the most intriguing being the Dilwara Temple - the intricately carved all-marble Jain temple. Mt Abu is also the headquarters of the Brahma Kumaris - a movement by individuals who aim to strengthen and rediscover oneself through meditation and self awareness. We love driving through the touristy town square of Oriya village, with its myriad kiosks of trinkets, handicrafts, beverages, eatery joints, local super stores, horse rides. We also recommend visiting the Ayurvedic centre of a gentleman, Mukund Savani, in the area who has been in this practise for decades, he sells his powders that he pounds and prepares himself.