Experience a circa 1842 farmhouse with a private guest house second floor apartment offering you a "home away from home" atmosphere while enjoying a country setting just minutes from town. We know as travelers, what it's like to stay in one room motels, hotels and bed and breakfasts and that is precisely what sets us apart. Enjoy room to move about while enjoying all the creature comforts of home. The private outside entrance leads up to your second floor accommodations which features a private kitchen for all your cooking needs, breakfast room, living room, bedroom and bath.
We're centrally located between Toledo and Cleveland and only 20 minutes from Cedar Point Amusement Park! Surrounding us are wineries, historic landmarks, great shopping, water parks, golf courses, fun filled attractions, Lake Erie fishing charters and beaches, railroad museum, State Parks, nature trails and bird watching, auto race tracks and so much more.
Majestic white pines adorn our backyard, flower beds to view, and birds to hear while you savor the fresh country breezes. Our backyard is ample size for yard games and safety for children and adults alike! How about a good ole' fashion game of croquet, ladder ball, yard jarts or frisbee, we have those too! During harvest time, it's not unusual to see deer wandering the fields. Relax by a crackling fire under our old world style pergola (firewood supplied) and we even supply the s'more kits to satisfy your sweet tooth. Perhaps during a warm summer evening star gazing while enjoying the hot tub, you will catch your own shooting star to wish upon after a long day at Cedar Point.
Having a birthday or celebration? We would love to help plan your getaway in style! Whether it's decorating the guesthouse for a birthday, picking up flowers or a bottle of wine, securing tickets for an event or making an appointment for a massage, just ask and we will happy to help make your trip memorable.
- Comfortably furnished with a unique blend of contemporary and country farmhouse decor featuring a separate living room, bedroom, kitchen, bath and breakfast room.
- We are a self-catering guest house, which means you get to cook your breakfast, but we do supply you with all the cooking amenities to create your own feast. Coffee, Tea, Creamer/Sugar, Cooking Spices, Paper Products are all supplied for you
You will enjoy a completely outfitted kitchen for all your cooking and late night snack needs. Also in your kitchen is a Microwave, Blender, Hand Mixer, Toaster, Coffee Pot, Pots and Pans, BBQ utensils and more. There are grocery stores and fresh farm markets minutes away and an array of cookbooks if the mood strikes you to get creative. Sometimes vacations can be the most enjoyable moments to try out new recipes.
- Breakfast Room with Casual Seating for Four.
- Leather Queen Sofa-Sleeper in Living Room for Extra Guests.
- Queen Quality Mattress and Box Springs for a Restful Nights Sleep.
- Lined Dried Sheets when Mother Nature Permits
- We Launder with 'Free" Dye Detergents and Softeners.
- Desk for Writing & Computer use.
- Ample Lighting for Reading your Favorite Book or Magazine
- WiFi with your own Personal Secure Router
- Heat and A/C
- Cable TV with 250 Channels, all Movie Channels and Flat Screen TV
- CD Stereo with iPod connectivity
- Books, Magazines, Board Games, and loads of Tourist Information is available in your guest house.
- Ironing Board and Iron
- Bedside Alarm Clock
- Plush Bath Towels and Hair Dryer
- Beach Towels for Hot Tub
- Ample Closet and Drawers for Clothes and Vacation Treasure Finds.
- Guest House Sleeps 2 people, however there is a Leather Sofa Sleeper in Living Room to accommodate 2 people if needed.
- Private Outside 2nd Floor Staircase Entrance.
- Second Floor Balcony with seating.
- Private lower level Patio with Gas Grill, Table and Chairs for your outdoor enjoyment.
- Six Person Outdoor Hot Tub (Closes November until May)
- Reclaimed Barn Beam Pergola with Fire Pit and plenty of seating. Firewood supplied.
- Private Drive with plenty of parking for 2 or more cars. Have a boat /watercraft and trailer? We have space for that too!
- Ample Grounds for a special event if the occasion should arise.
We offer extended stay accommodations and business travelers are welcome! We're conveniently located just minutes from Route 20 and only 10 minutes from the Ohio 80/90 turnpike. Need errands run? Concierge Services can be made available. Forget to make those copies or need a letter or document completed? No worries! We have business services available on the premises. It's like having own personal assistant with you.
NOTICE: We are now accepting extended stay guests starting October 1, 2016 (please inquire on rates)
All rates are based on double occupancy.
Each additional person is $15.00 per night.
From Memorial Day Weekend through late October, a two-night minimum is required. Holiday weekends require a three-night minimum stay.
Advance reservations required, however feel free to email us if you have any questions.
Deposits: A deposit of one night's rate is required at the time of the reservation for a one to three night stay.
We require a 50% deposit at the time of reservation.
Extended Stay has different billing process - please inquire.
Reservations made less than 7 days prior to the arrival date will be charged in full at reservation rate and are non-refundable.
•All deposits must be made by credit card or debit card at time of reservation.
•We're sorry, but we do not accept travelers checks, paypal, money orders or personal checks.
•There must be at least one adult over 21. Children 5+ years of age and older are welcome, but must be supervised by parent or guardian and will be held responsible for any damages incurred.
• We love animals as much as anyone and know how important pets are to families, however we are unable to accommodate pets. There are wonderful boarding kennels close by if you choose to bring your family pet.
Smoking is limited to outside only. Our insurance prohibits the use of candles or open flame in guest house.
No illegal drugs permitted on premises.
We do not charge a cleaning fee except for extended stay guests, however we will place a charge on your credit card to satisfy the negative situation if one or more of the following is apparent: guest house was not cleaned up when you departed, any damages to furnishings or content of guest house, personal property of guest house is missing, if anyone has smoked inside the guest house, animals or pets were in guest house. Therefore, please treat the property with respect.
Published discounts can not be combined
We are open year round.
Guest House is self-catering, however your hosts Paul and Janell will be available between 9am and 8pm for your convenience and also for emergencies.
Our location offers you the convenience of being close to many favorite north coast attractions in the Lake Erie region. In any direction you decide to venture off into, we are minutes from all types of things to do and see such as: Cedar Point Amusement Park, golf courses, antique shops, flea markets, bird watching, bicycle and nature walking trails, historical caverns, Lake Erie sport fishing and dive charters, the Hayes Presidential museum and historical points of interest, sandy beaches and water sports, wineries, Sandusky Speedway for the Rusty Jones Experience Driving School, NHRA race track in Norwalk and we're only one hour from Cleveland Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Indians Stadium and one hour away from the largest Amish Community in the United States! The list is nearly endless as are the possibilities when you stay at the Harpster-Davenport Guest House. Then again, you may just want to enjoy some precious time away from it all, kick back and just relax.
We're conveniently located just minutes off Route 20 and only 10 minutes from the Ohio 80/90 turnpike and 20 minutes from Cedar Point area.