The SpaceThis Airbnb space for guests is large (900+ square feet) and self-contained. Attractively decorated in light, bright colors, with wall art and unique objet d'art. Hosts have had extensive interaction with international travelers, so we know how to make guests from other countries feel welcome and comfortable.
You will have your own space as the photos indicate with a private entrance. The 3 rooms include a bedroom (queen-size bed room, living room (hide-a-bed sofa with queen-size bed, desk, full dresser)), and common area. Also has a full bath, deck, and free off-street parking. You will have perfect privacy.
Minimum stay: 3 nights
Accommodates up to 4 persons: $52~$68/night for 1 person, ($ 13 extra per person for 2nd, 3rd or 4th persons).
Weekly (consecutive 7 days) rate is approximately 7% lower.
No security deposit.
Cleaning fee ($25) is included in the total price.
• Basement that has independent walkout entrance
• General: approximately 900 sq ft (studio size); nicely appointed; fully furnished with oak, cherry, and mahogany furniture
• Bedroom: 14'x10'--queen-size bed, night stand, mirror, lamp, electric fireplace, and arm chair
• Living area: 14'x10'--3-seat hide-a-bed sofa, coffee table, full dresser, desk, desk chair, desk lamp, two-door closet
• Living area and bedroom are connected by two sliding doors that when left open provide spacious feel
• Full bathroom: bathtub and shower, single vanity
• Common area: 150 SF
• Appliances provided in the basement: microwave, mini-refrigerator, toaster, coffeemaker, iron, hair dryer, dishes, and utensils. There is no kitchen.
Centrally controlled AC and heating system.
• No pets
• No smoking
> Cooking and heating appliances are not allowed in the basment studio according to zoning regulations.
Comfortable, charming, and independent space for D.C. travelers. Guest AccessExcept for one small storage room, you have access to the whole basement.
• Bedding and towels
• Free wi-fi access
• Free off-street parking
• Large deck available to guests Interaction with GuestsWe are always available locally when we have guests--to answer questions and solve issues. The NeighborhoodQuiet cul-de-sac in wooded area. We provide a complimentary, detailed listing of local amenities--restaurants, shopping, churches, groceries, entertainment, and museums. The "Trip Advisor" website readers recently rated Washington the #1 tourist destination in the world because it offers nearly two dozen free, world-class museums and an emerging restaurant scene. Getting AroundTRANSPORTATION: see air, train, bus, and metro detail below. Only 13 miles from downtown DC and 6 miles from the University of Maryland.
• Air: Baltimore Washington International (BWI) Airport: 20 minutes; Ronald Reagan International Airport: 40 min-1 hr depending on traffic.
• Muirkirk MARC commuter train: 700 meters (½ mile from house): Mon-Fri--5-9am inbound to DC; 4-8pm outbound from DC; connects to East Coast Amtrak--Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York. Only 4 stops on Muirkirk MARC station (20 minutes) to Union Station in D.C.
• Bus (3 Lines): Bus No. G, No 89, and 89M (Go to Greenbelt station, Metro Bus System--½ mile from house; connects to Metro Train/Subway System; closest Metro stop is in Greenbelt
• Metro Train/Subway: accessible from MARC at DC Union Station and Metro Bus; access to DC and VA/MD suburbs Other Things to NoteCooking and heating appliances are not allowed in the basment studio according to zoning regulations.