The SpaceWelcome to the Charming Updated House! This house used to be my primary home and it was tough leaving it because it has that comfy feeling to it, you will definitely feel like you're at home and not in a commercial unit.
Let me give you the run down:
- Second Floor: 2nd floor is HUGE and has 1/2 bath, big closet, a VERY COMFORTABLE queen sized bed with a 45" LCD TV and a small table that seats 4.
- First Floor: The 1st floor has 2 bedrooms both with Queen sized beds and a full bath.
- Kitchen/Dining room - The kitchen was remodeled in 2013 with newer appliances, spacious, everything you need to cook dinners. Table seats 6 comfortably and 8 tight. There's a small tv that surprisingly gets used more than any other tv in the house if you like to cook/eat and watch TV.
- Living Room: There's a 60" 4K TV for those tv fanatics, big tv + hd cable = big fun!
- Basement: 1 bedroom with a twin bed (it's one of the 4 bedrooms), a Foosball table and the washer and dryer for your use.
- Porch: There's a screened porch in the back of the house, have a table with 2 chairs, great for relaxing in the summer.
- Backyard: Picnic table with shade provided + Gas BBQ Grill!
- Garden - I plant veggies in the huge garden in the back in the spring/summer, I share the spoils with friends, neighbors and of course my guests! (when in season we need access when needed to water the vegetable garden)
I have an air mattress and a baby crib if needed.
- 2 night bookings are allowed if:
* weekday nights (Sunday - Thursday) that don't fall on a holiday or special event/period
* check-in is within a week - don't be afraid to ask even if not within the week, depending on the current booking gaps I might say 'yes'.
* filling a gap (determined by me)
[Please be aware that for 2 night bookings there's an extra fee of $80]
- Otherwise the minimum is 4 nights (holidays have their own unique requirements).
- Any booking that includes a weekend night (Friday or Saturday) must include both nights in the booking.
- Check-in time is 5:30 pm, Check-out time is 11:00 am, if possible I work with my guests to make the times flexible if the schedule allows and most times I can but guests should plan for these times.
- Apart from the weekly discount, there's also a discount at 6 nights.
PLEASE MAKE NOTE:
The house is not in Royal Oak, it's in Oak Park (which is 2 miles away, west), this was the only solution to make my house visible in the searches (unfortunately Oak Park has some visibility issues in the search results), the pin in the map hasn't changed and it's correct. Guest Access100% the entire house! This was my former home so you'll basically have everything, pots/plates/utensils/coffee maker/toaster, etc. Interaction with GuestsI'm available anytime! I'm a very social person so any questions you can call or if you want me to come over to explain the area, where to go for fun, restaurants, etc, etc, just let me know, I'm here to help! :) The NeighborhoodThe neighborhood is safe, quiet, good neighbors. Centrally located to get anywhere. Getting AroundThere's bus service nearby as well as UBER or LYFT which are ride services that I've used a few times when going to the different downtowns and didn't feel like driving, it's so close it's very inexpensive. Downtown Royal Oak/Ferndale about 5 minute drive, downtown Birmingham about a 10-15 minute drive, downtown Detroit about a 20 minute drive. Other Things to NoteThanksgiving and Christmas holidays have a minimum of 5 nights.