The SpaceApart from its unique location of being near to all, this house has several features absent from my competitors' published offers. For example, complementary access to my roof top garden, a Large BBQ grill guests' ability to host a large party and/or just relax enjoy the breezy moonlit evenings. About 1200 sq. ft of space in the roof top will also allow guests to entertain up to 50 local guests with a temporary canopy made easily through a local decorator [Extra charge].
The roof top has a small, fully tiled bathroom with a western style toilet, small wash basin. Unlike the two second floor bathrooms there is no shower head or hot water through the faucet in this bathroom. However, guests could use a bucket mug for taking a bath [in Indian style) and hot water can be provided upon request.
Our house is very centrally located. However, a 90' private passage separates my house from the main street. This in essence makes it more quiet and peaceful compared to other houses in the area and also provides private and ample parking space for a small car. The popular lake in south Kolkata, several malls, Gariahat, Kalighat temple, Rashbehari avenue, lake market, Lansdowne market, hazra road, Metro Rail all are within 15 minutes walk. Park street , Victoria memorial Hall, New Market, movie theaters, Kalighat temple, Academy of Fine Arts, Museum, Zoo, Rabibdra Sadan complex all are within $2 Taxi ride. Several fine restaurants are within wlaking distance while the Park Street area has countless high end restaurants of almost all cuisines of the world.
Guests who rent the entire second floor apartment will have the following access: ;
(1) Master Bedroom with a king size mahogany bed with head and foot board and partial access to the matching locked wardrobe and full access to the smaller drawers to keep your clothes, full access to the beautiful mirrored dresser with drawers.
An attached bathroom with western style toilet, wash basin, and shower head. Unlike many houses in this area the shower head provides excellent water pressure through a separately installed pressure pump, when turned on by the guests. The geyser takes about ten minutes to heat sufficient water for each bath. ;
There is a good sized balcony that can be accessed through two bedrooms.
(2) Bedroom # 2 is a large airy bedroom w/4 windows and shared access to a medium sized balcony overlooking the front street. The king size bed can be used as one bed for a couple or can easily be separated as two single beds. The photo shows the beds separated. In addition, underneath each bed there is one pull out bed with good mattress. These beds can be placed in this room to provide sleeping space for 4 adults. ;
(3) Alternatively, if needed any one of the pull out beds or both could be easily moved [as they have wheels] to the next room, which is the family room adjacent to the kitchen dining area and will provide privacy at night as the doors can be closed. ;
The small triangular bamboo tea table with three chairs shown in the photo is usually kept in the balcony.
(4) The living room tastefully decorated with cane sofa, chairs and a sofa swing. There is also a wood pull our sofa bed that would provide sleeping for two adults and there is complete privacy as the door can be closed. This room has a wash basin on a granite counter.
(5) If one or two single students on a reduced budget want to rent a smaller room and don't mind shared access to the bathroom, we have two rooms on the third floor with one single bed in each room. The two rooms have windows but no ac since these two rooms have recently been finished, no photos of the rooms with the bed have been posted yet. One room has newly tiled floor a wash basin. The room has pedestal fans. Currently has no AC [not needed in winter, anyway] but I plan to install room ac before the next summer season.
Other Things to Note
We have western style kitchen with dishwasher, Reverse Osmosis water filtration system for drinking water [you may not want to buy bottled water, microwave, glass top cooking stove with high power exhaust range hood, large electric oven, refrigerator, washing machine, double sink. ;
Unlike other houses in the neighborhood, we have pressure pump that provide ample pressure to take shower and run dishwasher and other appliances. There is hot water heater that supply hot water through the kitchen faucet. ;
We have dishes, glasses, silverware, serving spoons, pots/pans if you rent the entire second floor apartment.
WiFi is available. We can provide laptop and cell phone [extra fee].
(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)