The SpaceWelcome to The Velvet Elk!
A Unique and Peaceful Retreat in The Poconos
Located in the very heart of the beautiful Pocono Mountains, our unique home in Pocono Lake is the perfect getaway or escape for both families as well as a romantic stay for couples. Bordered on all sides by shaded woods and a thick nature preserve, it is a calm and serene locale with an incredibly private back yard, as long as you don't mind the deer and wild turkey that cross through now and again! All viewable from our plant-speckled sunroom or newly built outdoor deck. There is a fantastically large 10 foot farm table in the sunroom for comfortable dining or game night by the blue flickering flame of the gas stove. The house is decorated in all directions with vintage radios and projectors and old movie posters. Lots of decorative lighting as well. It's a great vibe to spend a weekend or longer surrounded by.
Just 90 minutes from either New York City or Philadelphia, it is an easily accessible and short drive to the rolling dirt road leading to our house. There is a large U-shaped driveway, and a carport is available to accommodate your vehicle as well. This really is a remarkable and special place.
* Large backyard deck *
* Fire pit *
* Large glass-encased wood stove*
* 10 foot farm table next to ambient gas stove
* Large fully equipped open kitchen
* Newly renovated kitchen and master bath *
* 3 bedrooms (One master, 2 guest)
* 2 Full Bathrooms
* Comfortably sleeps 8
* Spacious sunroom with overflowing plants, farm dining table, and panoramic view of back yard and nature preserve
* 2-person jet stream jacuzzi in Master Bedroom
* Pool table in raised loft area
* Fully equipped kitchen with gas stove and dishwasher
* Hi-Speed Wireless internet throughout home
* Digital cable with HBO and Surround Sound stereo system
* Wireless control of living room stereo through iTunes
* Giant glass-fronted wood burning stove
* Large backyard deck with Gas grill
* 5 min walk to private community beach/pond as well as a larger lake
* Tennis courts, basketball courts, softball field, and kids play park (with community day pass)
* Small ski hill in winter
* Closet filled with games, sports equipment, and more
* In addition, you are minutes from all the hiking, biking, trails, lakes, and golf you can possibly imagine!
* Jack Frost Ski Resort is a 10-minute drive
* Camelback Ski Area is a 20-minute drive
* Tannersville Outlets are a 20 minute drive
* 2 night minimum stay
* Responsible party must be at least 25 years of age to rent. Prices are for up to 6 persons, additional charge per person, not including children under 3.
Please email with further questions. Thanks for your interest! - Don Guest AccessPlease check with Locust Lake office for guest pass information. Interaction with GuestsI am available before, during, and after your stay for any questions or issues that may arise. The NeighborhoodThe Velvet Elk is located in a very quaint and quiet residential community, with 3 lakes interspersed throughout the village. The house is very private, with no direct neighbors, and located off a well attended to gravel road. There is a nature preserve directly behind the house, which makes sitting on the deck a pleasure for reading, relaxing, barbecuing, and enjoying the bluestone fire pit. The area is stellar for a nice walk, run, or swim in the lake. A great escape! Getting AroundYou'll best be served by arriving in your own vehicle. There is bus service to Mt. Pocono which is about 20 minutes from the house. But you would need a cab from there and it can be expensive. You will need to travel to get to any stores or restaurants as well. Other Things to Note* PLEASE NOTE * Rates may vary for PEAK SEASON or HOLIDAY RATES.
* LOCUST LAKE GUEST BADGES POLICY : Should you choose to use the community amenities such as beaches or tennis courts, etc, the residential resort community requires you to purchase a Guest Pass from the main office building. Sadly, they no longer accept owner badges. You would be responsible for any fines you might possibly receive otherwise. At last check, prices were as follows :: $6 day | $30 week | $100 month