The Space- Clean, uncluttered, quiet, peaceful comfortable modern new room.
- House in area with no traffic, relaxing.
- Walking distance from a post-office, a deli, a billiard, a family restaurant, a bank, a Catholic church, a small Baptist and Greek Orthodox church.
- House surrounded by open green areas a free park with jogging, exercise, tennis court, basketball court, baseball court and small water park for children. Guest AccessBesides your room with a large TV and your shared bathroom, there is a sitting/reading area with TV and a large outdoor patio with furniture and gas grill you can use if weather permits. There will always be someone responsible for access to the home. Front door has a bell to ring Interaction with GuestsPlease show your ID at check in. There is always good strong coffee in the morning. We like our privacy but are friendly and can help with directions, activities and information about Chicagoland. The NeighborhoodQuiet block in front and next to a park, one neighbor on the right. Modest safe area.
Willow Springs is between both O'Hare and Midway Airports with easy access to two major highways: I-55 into downtown and the first ring road: I-294 Getting Around- PERSONAL CAR:
Drive into Chicago via I-55, usually 20 minutes except at rush hour traffic from 6:30AM to 9AM and 3PM to 6:30PM. My place is next to I-294 1st ring road around Chicago. Easy access north to Wisconsin, and East/South to Indiana, Michigan and Ohio.
Safe walk 6 block 13 minutes to Willow Springs Train Station. 3 METRA commuter trains at the Heritage Corridor (HC) into Chicago in the morning (at 6:09AM, 6:49AM, and 7:32AM). 4 trains return back to Willow Springs in the afternoon from Chicago Union Station (at 2:45PM, 4:50PM, 5:25PM, and 6:12PM). The cost is $5:75 one-way. Available during weekdays only.
You can be picked up and drop back by Enterprise-Rent-a-Car in Countryside ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) open daily to rent an affordable vehicle. Cheaper than at the airport.
$26-$36 to Downtown/Grant Park one way.
$12 -$14 to Midway Airport.
- FROM MIDWAY AIRPORT:
Rent a car, UBER About $13 better than Taxi which charge. Do not take the bus, it takes too long. The CTA (subway) Orange line to/from downtown ends at Midway Airport.
- FROM O'HARE AIRPORT:
Rent a car or, Shuttle, Taxi or UBER.
If you drive: there are toll roads from this airport. Other Things to NotePerfect for:
- Tourists that want to rent a car or ride the train into the city
- Business people that need tranquility to think and rest
- Scientist who work or visit the Argonne National Laboratory
- Attendants to courses, conferences, congresses or festivals in the Chicago area.
- VIPs, artists or famous people that need discretion and privacy and do not want to call attention to themselves while in the Chicago area.