The SpaceWe would love to welcome you to our cosy garden studio cottage nestled at the rear of our family home on a quiet street. Set in a spacious garden, the cottage is a perfect space to relax and unwind at the end of a busy day. It comfortably fits two people and includes queen bed, WIFI, TV, heating/cooling, kitchenette, en-suite bathroom and outdoor BBQ. Towels, linen and soap provided.
A short 2 min walk to local milk-bar and laundrette. Unlimited on-street car parking available.
We hope you have a relaxing stay and enjoy all that Melbourne has to offer. Guest AccessCook up a storm in the kitchenette or enjoy a bbq dinner sitting out the back with a garden view. Short 2 min walk to local corner store and laundrette. Bicycle hire may be arranged. Interaction with GuestsThe cottage is private and we honour your privacy - how much you see us depends on your needs. I am generally around during the day to answer any questions you may have and am always happy to impart my well honed knowledge of Melbourne's hidden cafe and restaurant gems!
The NeighborhoodExperience Melbourne like a local! Elsternwick is the perfect base for your Melbourne visit - it is a quiet, friendly suburb that offers a taste of Melbourne's vibrant cafe culture and world class restaurant scene and is also close to Elwood and St Kilda beach and the CBD.
We are located a short walk to Glenhuntly Rd, the heart of Elsternwick (15 min walk) or Martin St, the heart of Gardenvale village (12 min walk) where you will find trains, trams, bars/pubs (including live music), restaurants, cafes, interesting shops, supermarket, pharmacy, bakery, cinema, gyms and a yoga studio.
Regular trains on the Sandringham line take 15 minutes to travel to the CBD. The train line passes through Balaclava/St Kilda (St Kilda Beach, Carlisle St cafe/restaurant district), Windsor/Prahran (Chapel St bar/cafe/nightclubs/restaurant/shopping district), South Yarra and Richmond (The MCG, Bars, Pubs, Restaurants, Live Music). Getting AroundWALK
- 12 minute walk to Martin St, Gardenvale
- 15 min walk to Glenhuntly Rd, Elsternwick
- 30 min walk to the beach
TRAIN (Sandringham line)
- 10 min walk to Gardenvale Station
- 20 min walk to Elsternwick Station
(Approx 15 min train ride to the CBD)
- 15 min walk to #67 Tram line (50 minute tram ride into the CBD via St Kilda Rd)
- 625 - Elsternwick to Chadstone Shopping Centre/Mall
- 605 - Gardenvale via Kooyong Rd (via High St, Armadale shopping street)
- 606 - Elsternwick to Fisherman's Bend (via St Kilda Beach) Other Things to Note- From time to time we rent our the main house on Airbnb. This won't impact your stay as the cottage is self-contained with private entry.
- Minimum 4 night booking between Christmas Day and New Years Eve