The SpaceFully renovated on the inside, this home provides a beautiful and peaceful space for families, couples of all ages, and groups of friends. There is a finished patio outside perfect for enjoying your morning coffee or relaxing while watching the stars at night that comes equipped with a Weber BBQ and smoker.
As we love to cook, we have tons of fresh herbs growing around the property. There is fresh summer and lemon thyme, apple and spearmint, Italian and hot oregano, rosemary, chives, lemongrass, lavender and basil for your use. Pick as much as you need, it will grow back!
The feature bathroom is a spa design replicated from the Dreams Hotel in Punta Arenas in Chile. It features a 10 ft cathedral ceiling with 3 sq. ft rainfall shower head with LED lights, shower jets and wand.
As for going out in the evenings, you're only a 5 min cab ride from the heart of Charlottetown - whether it's dinner on the water or show with drinks at Vic Row, you're never far from the action, yet you have the cottage feel of the water. Guest Access4 car parking with nothing off limits on the property. Interaction with GuestsGuests will be provided with our contact information should it be needed throughout your stay. We can interact with you as much or as little as you like. The NeighborhoodWe love the location of this house as it's just across the bridge from downtown Charlottetown. Downtown has tons of amazing restaurants, bars/rooftop patios, a theater, the waterfront, historical buildings, and much more! The house is also less than a 5 minute drive to groceries and to a liquor store. Everything is close by, however the home which is one of two adjacent homes that we own, is located on 1.2 acres of land, feels peaceful and you will be sure to love it as much as we do.
PEI is a beautiful island to drive and tour. There are countless beaches fairly close by...some of our absolute favorites are about a 40-45 minute drive (and the drives are beautiful).
If you love mussels, oysters, and lobster, PEI is the place for you! Try a lobster supper at one of our favorite restaurants (New Glasgow Lobster Supper) for a local tradition and eat unlimited mussels, chowder, homemade bread and pies until you need to be rolled home! Getting AroundOur house is not walking distance to downtown Charlottetown, unless you enjoy a brisk 25-30 minute walk.
Renting a car if you arriving by air is recommended as PEI is such a beautiful province to explore by car and sightsee on your own schedule. Stratford transit stops at the No Frills Grocery which is right up the street from the house. Other Things to NoteAll within 3-5 minute drive from the house:
- Restaurants, coffee shop, post office, liquor store, pharmacy, gas station, butcher, and more!
- A little further and you will find a farmers market, downtown Charlottetown and more.
- For your doggie family, there is the Stratford Dog Park within 3 mins, as well walking trails by the river.
(URL HIDDEN) (234 Shakespeare Drive, Charlottetown, PE)
Things to do:
I’ve written about a number of things to do in PEI. For more details, you can visit my blog (search "rishiray" ... you'll find "Ah Trini Travelogue"). I’ve listed 10 things that you can do, that should fill up your time along with all the requisite driving and touring along the island.
1. What to do in PEI #1 … Go for a PEI Lobster Supper
2. What to do in PEI #2 … Go on an epic PEI Fries tour
3. What to do in PEI #3 : Have Lunch on Spinnakers Landing
4. What to do in PEI #4 : Go find a ridiculous PEI Mailbox!!!
5. What to do in PEI #5 : Go to the Brackley Drive In
6. What to do in PEI #6 : Have lunch at the Charlottetown Farmers Market
7. What to do in PEI #8 : Go on a PEI Lighthouse Tour
8. What to do in PEI #9 : Find a PEI secret beach for a Trini lime
9. What to do in PEI #10 : Visit and photo St. Dunstan’s Basilica
10.Digging for Dinner : Going Clam Digging in PEI
If you’re bored and it’s rainy … you can also feel free to browse our two year journey transforming this 120 year old farm house into our home through our photo blog (search "rishisankar" - you'll find the photo blog)