The SpaceBeautiful 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom condo by the beach in Cabo Rojo, PR. Features a view of the beach that is unbeatable. Relax in this Oasis within a safe, gated community that is well kept as part of the only Sports Club on the West side of Puerto Rico (Club Deportivo del Oeste.) You can also relax and sleep while listening to the ocean waves.
This is an extremely safe community. It is located inside a Sports Club with a security guard at the front gate 24/7. During the evening, the security team also rounds the community to ensure safety.
Access to the beach
There is access to a small beach from within the apartment complex. It is perfect to sit on the beach to relax and sunbathe. For swimming beaches, we recommend driving 10 minutes to the most popular beaches on the West Coast of Puerto Rico, Boquerón and Combate. Locals from San Juan regularly come out West to vacation and enjoy those beaches.
There is no public transportation available, so plan to drive during your stay. You'll be grateful to venture into the nearby cities.
Number of guests
The apartment can fit more than 6 people if you so desire to use the pull-out sofa, but we only provide beds for up to 7 to fit comfortably: queen bed in master bedroom, a bunk bed with 2 full mattresses, and a twin bed.
There is an elevator that will take you to the 3rd floor, where the apartment entrance is. Within the apartment, there is one set of stairs needed to get to the bedrooms and bathrooms.
The two bedrooms upstairs have AC units. The common areas downstairs have ceiling fans. We recommend that on clear days you open the doors and windows to let the strong breeze from the beach freshen the apartment - it's our favorite, most relaxing way to enjoy the apartment. All windows have screens, helping keep any mosquitoes or bugs out of the apartment, so no need to worry at all!
Grocery Store & Gas
The nearest grocery store is a 10 mins drive from the apartment and carries fresh fruits and vegetables. It also has a cafeteria with seating area for breakfast and brunch. There is also a gas station next to it.
Joyuda is known for delicious seafood restaurants and is only a 10 mins drive from the apartment. We have recommendations in the map & apartment guide shared with all guests prior to arrival.
The vast majority of restaurants have both seafood and meat options, but vegetarian options are scarce. Just a few online searches should yield great recommendations for restaurants in Cabo Rojo.
Boat Tours, Scuba Diving, Snorkeling
La Parguera is a 25-30 mins drive and has fantastic opportunities for renting boats/tours including scuba diving, snorkeling, and many other activities.
Rincón is a 35 mins drive and has beaches with slightly more aggressive waves for those interested in surfing.
There are 2 grills next the pool area which guests are welcome to use.
Tropical Agriculture Research Station (a 4.5 star on Trip Advisor) in Mayaguez near the University of PR Mayaguez Campus is only about 25 minutes drive from the apartment.
Guanica's dry forest is a 35 minutes drive, and Combate has a great Natural Preserve.
The Mayaguez Zoo, you can look it up online and see the reviews. It's a great family activity.
The Cabo Rojo lighthouse is nearby and a very nice daytime activity. The lighthouse itself is quite pretty, and the view of the sea is beautiful.
The Rincón lighthouse is also a local favorite and it's only a 40 mins drive.
Near the apartment, there is a little island called Isla de Ratones that locals love to go to and in nearby Lajas there is Caracoles.
There is yet another little island in Guanica called Isla Ballena with nice beaches and lagoons.
Lajas has Playita Rosada, a very little beach with grill facilities and gazebos.
Boat rental and trips to smaller islands are also available in La Parguera.
Going for walks
For a morning/afternoon walk and some exercise, you could walk at apartment's beach and apartment complex facilities. For a larger beach area, you could visit Boqueron Beach (about 20min drive), Playa Sucia by the Lighthouse in Cabo Rojo, Paseo Litoral at the Joyudas coast at Mayaguez (about 20 min), Parque de Los Próceres in Cabo Rojo, Parque de Los Próceres in Mayaguez, Playita Rosada among many others.
We provide standard towels to all guests as well as beach towels.
If you haven't booked your flights yet, we recommend using the smaller airport at BQN as it is only a 40 minutes drive from the apartment. This airport only has 2 gates, which makes it very easy to fly in and out of it. Guest AccessApartment has free access to the shared swimming pool and beach pictured - note that the beach pictured is shallow, although there are some nice "pocitas", or small areas with deeper water, which you can find by exploring the area. For a good swim, you can go to many beautiful nearby beaches just 10-15 minutes drive from the apartment in Combate and Boquerón.
Washer/Dryer in the apartment is free for guests to use.
We have a have free wifi available and two Smart TVs with Netflix and YouTube for you to watch. However, we do not provide Cable TV.
Full apartment with washer and dryer, equipped kitchen with blender, basic pots and pans and cooking equipment, all brand new appliances.
Furniture and Appliances list by room
- Queen-sized bed
- Clean bedsheets and pillows
- AC unit
- TV with local channels
- Double-doors facing the beach
- Bunk bed with two full-sized beds
- Additional twin-sized bed
- Clean bedsheets and pillows
- AC unit
- Toilet paper
- Bathroom towels (extras can be found in the master bedroom’s main closet)
Upstairs hallway closet
- Ironing board
- Water heating unit
- Two red loveseats (each seats 2-3 people)
-+ Could be turned into pull out beds as needed
- Smart TV w/ local TV channels and...
- Connected to WiFi for online video streaming including YouTube and Netflix
- Internet Cable modem
- Wi-Fi router
- Miscellaneous board games & beach supplies
- Beach towels
- Main glass table
- Two side tables by the loveseats
- Small dining table (w/ 4 chairs)
- Two ceiling fans with remotes
- Kitchen counter chairs (3)
- Full refrigerator and freezer with ice maker
- Stove with oven
- Mini oven
- Basic cooking pots and pans
- Basic cooking utensils
- Plates, eating utensils, glasses, cups, etc.
- Stacked Washer and Dryer unit
- Laundry baskets
- Broom & mop
- Vacuum cleaner
- Cleaning supplies
- Small outside table with glass top
- Sturdy beach chairs (4) Interaction with GuestsGuest is free to call or email at any point during their stay - we will respond as promptly as we can. Otherwise, we will allow the guest to stay at their own comfort and respect their privacy. If you have any concerns at all during your stay, please call us or message us. For emergencies, always dial 911. The NeighborhoodGated community within a sports club - feel free to relax and enjoy the quiet and secure environment. Check out our guide for many of our recommendations. In particular, make sure to visit some of the nearby seafood restaurants. We think everyone should try a good "mofongo relleno" (mashed plantains dish filled with choice of seafood or meat) during their stay. Getting AroundPuerto Rico doesn't have good public transportation options, we recommend guests rent a car.
Parking is included with the listing. Two cars can be parked in tandem in the reserved spot by the apartment.