The SpaceA luxurious and laid back hideaway, boutique resort Mandala Desa is the ideal destination for those wishing to experience authentic Bali up close and personal. Set on the edge of a traditional Balinese village with endless views of green rice paddies.
This spacious and comfortable accommodation with two air-conditioned bedrooms (13m2 and 15m2), living room (25m2) and dining kitchen (25m2) suits the desires of families or friends who like to stay close together, though with enough privacy. The large veranda (50m2) with outdoor seating and dining table, offers stunning panoramic views overlooking rice fields with palm trees and sacred mountains in the distance. As this accommodation is suitable for 4 persons, this is a perfect family accommodation. This accommodation is also suitable for 2 couples or a group of friends.
• 11% Service charge
• Transport to or from the airport in air-conditioned car for minimum stay of 7 nights
• Welcome drinks and cool towels upon arrival
• Daily Western or Indonesian breakfast
• Daily afternoon tea
• Mineral water/coffee-/tea facilities
• Fresh flowers in room
• Daily cleaning/ housekeeping service
• WiFi internet connection
• Use of bicycles
Do let us know your interests when booking and we’ll give you our best suggestions to create your ideal stay at Mandala Desa.
Guests have recently described their stay with us as:
- "A paradise that feels like home"
- "One of the best places in Indonesia"
- "Great place to stay"
- "Extraordinary service"
- "Beyond expectations"
- "Best hotel we stayed in on Bali"
Guests have rated us on one of the biggest booking sites with "Exceptional" with an average score of 9.1.
We have also been rewarded with a "Certificate of Excellence" by Tripadvisor for the past 10 consecutive years. Interaction with GuestsYour first experience at Mandala Desa will be a warm welcome from our gracious staff. They will immediately make you feel at home and our intimate size of just five accommodations ensures personalized care. The NeighborhoodWe at Mandala Desa are delighted to share our love of Bali. If you wish to experience the gentle pace of village life and vibrant cultural traditions, you have come to the right place.
We are located in the center of the arts villages on the way to Ubud and our scenic Village Walk takes you through the countryside and into the home workshops of master artisans. A short drive or walk takes you to the various villages, each specializing in a particular craft: silver and gold smithing in Celuk, mask carving and shadow puppets in Puaya, stone carving in Batubulan, dance and gamelan in Batuan and so on.
In your room you will find a directory full of suggestions for tours and activities in the direct surrounding of Mandala Desa together with other suggested highlights of Bali, which we are happy to organize for you. To name a few:
- Traditional Balinese Massage or other spa treatment at Mandala Desa
- Yoga class
- Visiting famous temples such as: Gunung Kawi, Tirta Empul, Batuan Temple, Lake Bratan Temple, Tanah Lot and Goa Gajah
- Visiting famous rice terraces (Jatiluwih and Tegalalang)
- Bicycle tour down hill from Gunung Batur
- Hiking active volcano
- Balinese cooking class
- Waterfall in Tegenungan (4,4 km)
- Bali Bird park (3,9 km)
- Bali Zoo (1,7 km)
- Bali Safari and Marine Park (12,7 km)
- Beach (Pantai Purnama 6 km)
- Sukawati art market (1 km)
- Hidden Canyon (4,2 km) Getting AroundWe offer reasonable priced transport for half- or full day tours or for transport to/ from anywhere in Bali or to go to central Ubud.
We are also happy to arrange for you a rental scooter if you like to go around by yourself. Or you can use one of our bicycles (free of charge).
The airport is 30 km away. Other Things to NoteDining at Mandala Desa takes full advantage of our organic homegrown produce and market spices. We offer a full menu of Balinese and western dishes that may be served in your accomodation or in one of the dining pavilions or bales located poolside and in the garden.