The SpaceWe are offering for the first time via Airbnb the independent upper level to our completely renovated Chico home while we travel and explore other areas. The upper level of our home provides a master suite with a queen bed, den (used as an additional bedroom if needed) with one twin bed, 1 full bath, spectacular kitchen and living areas, and spacious front and back patios with entries via either. The location of the home is ideal (East Street Area) – 3 blocks from the downtown area and 1 block from Bidwell Park.
Please see pictures for accurate impressions of our property’s specialness from its high tin ceilings to its lovely surrounding garden areas.
The lower level of our home is completely independent from the upper level and is rented long term to a local professional who will also be acting as our property manager.
Our hope is that you will easily experience Chico and all it has to offer via this wonderful home and its ideal location.
Guest AccessGuests enjoy a completely renovated historic Chico home providing one master bedroom with one Queen bed and a den with one twin bed which can be used as a second bedroom, 1 full bath, open living and kitchen areas, front and back patios and the home's lovely surrounding garden.
435 Olive Street
Hopefully Helpful Info
1. Owner & Property Manager Contact Info:
a. Jill in USA: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN); in Mexico (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (VOIP line) (EMAIL HIDDEN)
b. Chico home line: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) which is available for your use 24/7 for calls in USA, Canada & US territories without additional charge.
c. Jill’s USA cell: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (but if I’m in Mexico, you’ll want to call (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN))
d. Property Managers: (my daughter and son-in-law)
d.i. John Barton = (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
d.ii. Brisa Hanna Barton = (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Keys:
a. One set of keys will be in lock box. It's combination is: _______ (sent to you in a separate e-mail prior to your arrival) Lock box is attached to turquoise blue hat/ umbrella stand on front porch.
b. The other set of keys (you’ll have 2 sets of keys) will be hanging on tiled rooster hat holder just inside front door on your left as you enter.
c. When you depart, leave one set hanging from rooster hat holder and the other in lockbox.
d. Should you lose keys, there will be a $60. p/ Key & lock resetting fee. There are 2 entry doors, one on street side, one at rear of house leading to back patio.
3. Other Contact #’s:
a. Lily Hanna, my daughter and current downstairs tenant: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
b. Maggie, our house keeper: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
b.i. Maggie will clean the upstairs for you each Friday if you are staying for a week or longer. I pay her for 3 hrs each Friday. I pay her for house cleaning (sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, mopping & changing linens), not for washing your dishes or doing your personsl laundry – that you must do or pay her additionally.
c. Shawn, builder/ handy-man: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
d. Landscaping: Angel’s Landscaping = (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) &/or (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Wifi via Comcast:
a. Network: Home-5370
b. Network key: E(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). TV & DVD:
a. Den t.v. has a built in DVD player on its left side
b. Master bedroom t.v. has a fancy dancy Sony Internet Audio & Video blu-ray 3-D DVD w/ wireless LAN built-in and I’ve left instructions on how to use & how to get Netflix, etc
c. My Comcast subscription is pretty good: 150+ channels w/HBO, Streampix & Showtime
d. I do not have a DVD library at all so if you want to bring some favorite DVD’s, please do so…
6. DVD Rental Spots:
a. All The Best Video: 245 Walnut St., Chico (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Household supplies:
a. For renters staying a week or less we will make every effort to make sure you have all that you might need for your stay: i.e. toilet paper, paper towels, bath soap, detergent, coffee, sugar, salt, pepper, etc
b. For longer stays, we will start you out with everything you would normally need, but you will want to replenish as needed for your stay
c. Of course, any cooking herbs, foods you find in cupboards & refrig, i.e: mayo, catsup, mustard, teriyaki sauce, olive oil, vinegar, etc = help yourselves to!
8. Back Patio Cushions ~ if weather is questionable, they may be stacked by W/D – please use them for exterior seating, but please bring them inside if it looks like rain .
9. Back Ground Level Patio furniture and cushions: if not on black metal patio furniture, they are placed just inside storage doors that face back yard, ground level.
10. Coffee grinder ~ easy to use, just fill with organic coffee beans that are supplied to get you started and press button
11. Light bulbs – should any need replacing just let John, Lily or Maggie know. If any of the high ceiling lights go out, John or Lily will ask handyman to replace.
12. Fire place ~ it has a remote and all you have to do is HOLD the arrow up button down until the fire comes on in fireplace, then you adjust flame by holding down button or up button. To turn off, hold the arrow down button until completely off. Holding and pressing down times may seem long to you but have faith – this is how it works.
a. There’s a washable sofa throw cover on love seat in living room ~ helps protect sofa from kids’ sticky hands, etc. plus it's festive...
b. This sofa folds out to a twin bed.
14. Chest behind Sofa: chest holds bedding for twin beds (sofa & den bed)
15. Chest at foot of Q bed: has Q sheets
16. Inflatable Q bed w/pump: located in master bdrm closet
17. Blankets and Bed Covers: look in master bedroom closet & above closet – if you need more, just ask Lisa &/or Maggie. (there's a easy to use step ladder on back patio by outside closet – just go to your left & left again on patio as you exit french doors)
18. Extra Dining Rm Table Leaves for dining table are in master bdrm’s closet if needed
19. Some of our favorite Restaurants, Eateries & hang outs: (downtown, w/in walking distance, restaurants are in italics)
a. Sierra Nevada: (URL HIDDEN) GO to one of their shows!
b. Red Tavern: (URL HIDDEN)
c. Spice Creek: (URL HIDDEN)
d. Cocodines: (URL HIDDEN)
e. Chada Thai: (URL HIDDEN)
f. Mom’s (breakfast): (URL HIDDEN)
g. Café Coda (breakfast & small group evening entertainment): (URL HIDDEN)
h. Beatniks (breakfast): (URL HIDDEN)
i. Nobby’s (best hamburger, CSUC grass fed): (URL HIDDEN)
j. Celestinos (they will deliver pizza as well): (URL HIDDEN)
k. Priya Indian Cuisine: (URL HIDDEN)
l. Noodle House, Chico: (URL HIDDEN)
m. Aonami Sustainable Sushi: (URL HIDDEN)
n. Burgers and Brew: (URL HIDDEN)
20. CSUC Entertainment & Shows:
a. (URL HIDDEN)
b. (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (M-F 11 AM – 6 PM)
21. Bike rentals:
a. Cycle Sport located at: 148 Main St. (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (URL HIDDEN)
a. Chico Natural Foods (URL HIDDEN)
b. Trader Joes
f. Downtown Liquor & Market (E. 8th St & Olive/ Pine St.) = very close if you need just an item or 2…
g. Thursday Market (downtown Chico from 6:00 – 9:00 PM every Thursday in the summer and fall months.
h. Saturday Market 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM (just 3 blocks from Olive St home!) Go to corner of Olive & E 4th St, Turn left towards downtown for 2 blocks and then turn right on Flume for 1)
23. Beauty Salon: Dimensions, Hair ~ Danielle Dietz (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Facials: Lily Diaz (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Police Dispatch number (non emergencies): (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Enloe Hospital: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Trash Pick-Up Day is early Tuesday A.M.
28. Local Radio: KCFR 90.1
29. Chico Events: (URL HIDDEN) Interaction with GuestsOwner can readily answer questions via internet and downstairs tenant will act as property manager to help in any way they can to make your stay memorable. The NeighborhoodOur home is only blocks from downtown Chico which offers wonderful shopping and restaurants and a city park as well as a farmer's market each Saturday. We are also just a block from Bidwell Park's entrance! Getting AroundSo much is within easy walking distance from our home, but Chico does provide a good public transit system called Butte Regional Transit.