Riverfront & Beach with Beautiful Screened-in Porch and Expansive River View
- Airport Shuttle
- Pets Allowed
- Swimming Pool
- Smoking Allowed
"Eagles Wings" is the ONLY rental home on Cobb Island with BOTH a BEACH (great for children to play in the sand and collect sea glass) AND a large SCREENED-IN PORCH with wide river views (for relaxing in the shade during the day and for "mosquito-free" dinners when the sun sets). Our home has comfortable upscale leather furnishings with a kitchen well equipped for the gourmet cook. Located on Cobb Island in Southern Maryland (a one hour drive from the Washington, DC Beltway) our home is situated where the Wicomico River joins up with the mighty Potomac.
There are large floor to ceiling windows throughout the house giving the feel of being "outside" even when you are "inside". Our large and comfortably furnished screened-in porch allows you to be "outside" long after the sun has set. The river views are amazing everywhere you look! Upscale and comfortable furnishings throughout the house add to the relaxing feel of being on Cobb Island.
The private pier for fishing & boating, the large lower deck for sunbathing, our unique beach for children to play, our panoramic waterfront views from our incredible screened-in porch combined with our comfortable furnishings make our 4 bedroom and 2 bath vacation home a special getaway. Dining area is off the kitchen or you have the option of dining out on our screened-in porch. Post dinner family games and puzzles out on the porch are a fun option, too!
We provide kayaks, fishing rods, bicycles and even a crab trap for our guests. Cobb Island is a great, quiet (best kept secret) and the perfect place for a relaxing vacation with family and friends. Our repeat guests are a testament to just how much people enjoy our dual riverfront and beachfront home. Please take a moment to read all the wonderful reviews our guests have written about their stay with us.
Sample fresh crabs or oysters (in season) at one of the four local restaurants.
-SANDY BEACH & SCREENED-IN PORCH (ONLY rental property On Cobb Island with BOTH). Children dig in the sand and can wade slowly into the water. The Porch provides a place to dine and play games after the sun sets.
- DOCK (Fishing, crabbing & swimming)
- WATERSIDE DECK (Sunbathing, eating crabs)
- KAYAKS - 3 Kayaks provided and great fun!
- BOATING - Bring your own boat or rent one locally
- PLAYGROUND - 500 yards from house...kids love it!
- GOLF - 3 miles to Swan Point golf course.
- BEACH GLASS - comb the shoreline for some rare finds.
- BICYCLES - Adult bikes provided.
- STAR GAZING - Amazing!
- BIRD Watch - the Purple Martins/ospreys/eagles
- Very Clean, updated, comfortable & well maintained.
- 4 bedrooms and a bunk area, all with very comfortable beds and beautiful quilt blankets plus a full size crib.
- Gourmet kitchen with an oversupply of cookware, dishes, gadgets, outside Weber grill
- Board games , magazines, some books, DVD Library
- Washer/Dryer, CAC.
.- No Pets, No Smoking. .
- Property reviews indicate guests found that our Cobb Island home far exceeded their expectations.
- Marinas & Restaurants – 4 on the Island – experience Southern Maryland cuisine
- The Island is ideal for jogging, walking and biking. (A 3.5 mile walk around)
- Golf: outstanding Swan Point golf course just 3 miles from Cobb Island
SAMPLE QUOTES from our COBB ISLAND GUESTBOOK:
'What a delicious view of life through your eyes. Thank you for such an intoxicating moment in time! Loved the place and the view!! The ospreys are magnificent.' Heyden & Micco Families (Boston, MA)
'Thanks for the use of your beautiful home. All the wildlife reminded us of our parent's home on a river in Oregon. Beautiful setting and relaxing time. It was fantastic. The view of the river was absolutely fabulous.' Schweiger & Dobyns Families (Chicago&Beaverton,OR)
'Great place to come back to after a long day of being a tourist. Loved the decor of the house. Enjoyed the view...very relaxing.' The Hymel Family (New Orleans, LA)
' 'Remembrance is the sweetest flower...' It says somewhere in your holiday home. Seldom do you find a house with a perfect location, that's furnished and equipped like yours...that's what we call hospitality!' The Bruckmaier Family (Frankfurt, Germany)