The SpaceOur spacious garden is home of many animals such as tucans, humming birds, butterflies, turtles (there is a small river at the side of the property) sloths, iguanas, monkeys, chameleons, and many others. We have banana, coconut, mamonchino, and other fruit trees with organic fruits in the garden. if you arrive in the right period you can taste them...
The apartments are hand-built using traditional construction methods, ecological techniques and recycled materials., the trees around are hiding them from direct sunlight so you never feel hot inside. The bathroom roof is partly made of glass so you have natural light in there in the daytime.
We recommend our Lodge to you if
* you really want to taste some special Caribbean feeling
*you like quiet neighborhood while sleeping
* you like having your meals (enjoy your drink) on your natural wooden terrace overlooking our beautiful tropical garden
* the first thing you want to hear in the morning is the song of the beautiful Caribbean birds (and not the noise of the milkman's car)
* you don't want to check your belongings every minute ( our street is safe and quiet)
* you like saving energy, time and money by having all the important information about the area from your host
* you like picking a fresh organic banana from our banana tree in front of your porch for breakfast
* you like observing animals in their natural surroundings (from your hammock)
* you like colors, sounds, flavors, shapes of mother nature
We are not an all-inclusive commercial five star hotel, just a friendly young family who'd like to share this fantastic jungle wildlife experience with open minded travelers. We want you to feel comfortable and at ease in our place and offer you the possibility to look behind the scenes of commercial tourism and learn a little more about the region they are visiting. Guest Accesswe are happy to serve you breakfast of your choice on your terrace (12 dollars pp, depending on fresh ingredients so please inform us in advance if you would like to have this option)
1. european: Home made bread, butter, jam, honey, coffe, natural juice, 2 eggs any style
2. Fruit plate: fresh fruit of the day, yoghurt, cereals, coffe, natural juice
3. american: pancake, honey, coffe, natural juice, 2 eggs any style, home made bread, butter, bacon
each comes with organic coffee and fruit juice. We buy most of the ingredients from local farmers so they are organic and fresh
we offer laundry service: 12 dollars per bag
we rent also bicycles for 8 dollars per day so you don't have to walk searching for it... Interaction with GuestsWe can help you findig the best tours for you, you can even book the tour at us the same price as in the office. (waterfall, snorkeling, diving, kayaking, chocolate farm, butterfly farm, indian reserve, bicycle rental, animal rescue center, canopy, surf lesson, etc) We are also glad to give you information about restaurants, events, different beaches, parties...
We can prepare tee of ancient indigenous herbs like cuculmeca, uno de gato (cat claw) or carana for you, they are used by the indigenous people as part of their natural healing methods. (please order it in advance)
We rent bicycles. The NeighborhoodWe are located in a very safe and friendly neighborhood. We are walking distance to the beach,supermarket, restaurants, beach bar, a fruit and veggie stand with cheap and fresh local fruits also selling chilled young coconuts called pipas. Almost all fruits are organic from local farms. Our entrance is from Margarita road, easy accessible by car, bicycle or walking but on the other side we have the jungle and a small river. Getting Aroundthere is a bus stop 5 minutes from us giving access to Manzanillo or Puerto Viejo many times daily
how to find us:
Leaving Puerto Viejo You just follow the road to Cocles, and after seeing the sign for Super Cocles on the right (this is the supermarket) you cross a small bridge again. After this bridge you turn the first street right and that is Calle Margarita. On Calle Margarita after approx. 200 m there is a crossroad, the left road goes up but you take the other road which goes downhill and after 300 m more you will see a big green garden door on your left with animal sculptures on it. 100 m more and you cross a small bridge and right after that you will see a long fence of hibiscus on the right with the sign Casa Lina. The white stones mark the stairs upwards. You can park there and come up the stairs. Once you see Gecko Lodge you already passed, turn back please. Other Things to Notewe have another apartment same style on the same property: