The Space***We apologize, but we are unable to accept men travelling alone.
***Breakfast is not served and insurance doesn’t allow any cooking in the suite. For light meals, your room is equipped with a fridge, dishes and cutlery, kettle, tea and coffee pots: a selection of black or herbal teas, as well as freshly ground coffee, cream, milk and sugar.
*** We've noticed photos taken by professional photographers seem to make a room look larger than it is. You'll find your bedroom at SweeterSleep is exactly as it appears in the photos, yet quite small really and certainly not as large as the photos suggest. We explain this so you're not misled by the apparent size of the space, online. Depending on the laundry rotation, the duvet cover may be white, as in the photos, or a patterned one.
- Your ensuite bathroom is spacious and includes a tub, as well as a shower.
-Soap, shampoo, cream rinse, body lotion and a hair blow-dryer are provided. Bathrobes too.
- There's a fan stored in the wardrobe should you wish for more breeze on a summer evening. Also, your suite has its own electric heater for you to control if you'd like your room warmer than the general house temperature of the forced-air electric furnace.
-The historic downtown core with its delightful selection of independent restaurants, coffee shops and little stores to browse is an easy five-block walk away. There's a list of our favourite spots to eat, with links to their websites, in the Manual in your suite. A few blocks from your door, you'll find bakeries and a deli, Thriftys grocery store, Edible Island's wide selection of organic foods, Shoppers Drug Mart, Comox Valley Museum, the Sid William's Theatre, Comox Valley Art Gallery and other smaller ones, the Native Son's Hall, the Florence Filberg Centre, our public library and the Lewis Recreation Centre.
- Hello Skiers, downhill, cross-country and Snowboarders - Your season is approaching - Mt. Washington is a thirty-minute drive from SweeterSleep. The bus to the mountain leaves outside Native Sons' Hall, which is an easy ten-minute walk from your cosy, warm nest here. A deep bathtub awaits you for a relaxing soak at the end of the day. Safe, locked storage is available for all your gear.
- Hiking and bike trails are close by and the crisp, clear Puntedge River is a five minute stroll from your suite. You can swim from little beaches along the banks, or wander through the forest there. Guest AccessWe believe your stay here will be a most restful one. You have your own private entrance and your suite, your patio and garden area are absolutely private and for your sole use.
(Our garden is on the other side of the house.)
- You have an outdoor table and chairs to enjoy your morning coffee under the shade of an old apple tree. If they're ripe when you're staying here, please enjoy them, and the plums too, growing in your garden.
- There's an outdoor ping pong table and paddles for you to enjoy.
- Swim towels and folding canvas chairs are provided to take to the river ( a few blocks away) or to our ocean beaches. Umbrella to borrow if it's raining.
- Free wifi included.
- Secure, locked storage is available for your ski equipment, bikes, canoes and kayaks etc. Just let us know that you'll be wanting to avail yourself of it.
- Please ask us for anything else we may be able to provide to help your stay be exactly how you'd like it to be. Interaction with GuestsWe'll be very sensitive to your desire for privacy and so will let you decide how much interaction you'd like.
During the day, we'll be available by cell phone should you have any requests or questions. The NeighborhoodThe Old Orchard area of Courtney is a centrally located, very quiet, safe and friendly neighbourhood. Our beautiful Valley offers world class downhill and cross-country skiing, biking and hiking trails, the platinum-rated Crown Isle Golf Course, glorious beaches and great fishing, kayaking and canoeing. Bike, kayak, canoe, ski and snowshoe rentals are available locally. Fishing charters can also be arranged.
In your room you'll find a list titled " 101 things to do in the Comox Valley", ( it's online too ) as well as maps and details about the many wonderful attractions, restaurants, events and activities. Getting AroundThe bus stop connecting to the main city transit bus stop is two blocks from your suite. Our buses go everywhere in the Valley, including Mt. Washington for the skiers and to one of our beautiful beaches.
The Comox Airport is a ten to fifteen minute drive from SweeterSleep. Other Things to Note- We've noticed photos taken by professional photographers seem to make a room look larger than it is. You'll find your bedroom at SweeterSleep is exactly as it appears in the photos, yet quite small really and certainly not as large as the photos suggest. We explain this so you're not misled by the apparent size of the space, online. Depending on the laundry rotation, the duvet cover may be white, as in the photos, or a patterned one.