The SpaceNestled in the south-eastern part of the Kathmandu Valley, Lamatar House accommodate a contemporary life style in a traditional setting. The property is surrounded by an amazing garden, full of flowers and fruit trees.
This beautiful hideaway property is at the end of a pleasant drive through the old Newari town of Lubhu, about 20 min drive from Patan and 30 min from Kathmandu. In addition of being a wonderful family/ friends place to reunite, it is also the perfect location for mountain bikers and hikers!
From the house, there is a wide choice of excursion possibilities through out the rice fields, the forest and up to Godavari valley.
The full length wood and glass doors from the kitchen, living room and master bedroom, provide indoor/outdoor living, perfect to enjoy al fresco dinner, sunny breakfast and relaxing appetiser
The house is absolutely kids friendly: your children will have a lot of garden space to run around and will enjoy the company of a few chicken, three goats, two buffalos and a very sweet dog. Guest Access- fully equipped kitchen (with gas oven)
- Spacious living room with comfy sofas, extra single bed, TV, DVD player and 5.1 sound system, huge dinning table and wood fireplace for the winter
- Laundry room with washing machine, iron and iron board.
- One master bedroom ( double bed) with attached bathroom (bathtub with view over the garden - and the mountains if clear weather!)
- One bedroom (double bed + single bed)
bathroom with shower
* big garden with gazebo and small pond, lots of greenery and infinite view over the valley (and the whole Himalayan range by clear weather...!) Interaction with GuestsWe will be here to welcome you and show you the house, the amenities and the garden. We will give you the keys of Lamatar House and leave you for the time of your stay, as if it is your own property ..! The NeighborhoodLamatar House is located only 12 km from Kathmandu but still far from the dusty and noisy city. In the middle of the nature at the edges of the Kathmandu Valley, the house is the perfect starting point for hikes and mountain bike rides in the most beautiful and scenery places of the Valley. It is also very close to the traditional villages of Lubhu and Siddhipur. Getting AroundIt is very easy to access the house by car, bus, motorbike and walk. From the nice road that goes from Gwarko (Ring Road) to Lamatar, the house is located a few km after Lubhu).