An ideal location for a Dublin City break. Express Airlink Bus takes you to 4 minutes walk from the apartment. Located at the heart of Dublin city centre just off O' Connell St and right beside the pedestrian shopping area. For restaurants and night life Temple Bar is a short walk. Most important tourist attractions are within a 15 minute walk. LUAS tram is 400m from apartment DIRECT TO O2 Concert ARENA. You can walk in 15 minutes to Croke Park for concerts and sporting events. Theater, music venues and traditional pubs are all conveniently in the vicinity of the apartment - you will not need to spend time and money on taxi's and public transport. .
Apartment is in a Court Yard location with access through an attractive gated entrance. The apartment is modern with timber floors or tiling throughout and is a Non-Smoking property. Kitchen has all modern appliances and there is a large fridge and a clothes washing and drying facility. Living room has timber floors, a color TV and a full size dining table. Bedroom has a double bed with bedside reading lamps and a large wardrobe. A second comfortable single fold-away bed is provided and is suitable for adult use. Ground floor property so no stairs to climb.
- Local parking in the 24 hour car park beside the apartment is available at additional cost.. You pay the car park operator directly.
- Price includes all towels and bedding.
- Free wifi and cable TV with multiple channels.
- Electricity is extra and payable via the apartment meter.
- CHECK-IN TIME - apartment will be ready for occupation anytime after 12 noon.
- Apartment is ideal for two but its fine also for three, with one person on a fold-away bed.
- For Christmas, New Year, St Patrick's Day and Easter periods minimum stay is 4 nights
- All bed linen, bed-clothes and towels are included.
- For Short Bookings deposit by PAYPAL and balance is paid on arrival in Euro. Bookings of 5 nights or longer full payment must be completed 28 days before arrival. .
- For your safety on-line we never ask you to supply your bank account details or credit card information. For our safety on-line we never provide our bank account details. Please note that you can securely use your credit card for PAYPAL payments without revealing your credit card number to service providers. We offer full payment refund (less Paypal transaction charges) for cancellation received in writing by email more than 42 days before scheduled arrival date. 40% payment refund (less Paypal charges) for cancellation received between 29 and 41 days before scheduled arrival date. No refund for cancellations received in the final 28 days immediately before the scheduled arrival date. Please do consider holiday insurance. All refunds are via PAYPAL system and to the credit of the card of the person who made the original booking.
- Check-out time is 10.00am. We often can provide late check-out facilities on request.
Here are some ideas about places you might like to visit. Everything mentioned below is WALKING DISTANCE FROM THE APARTMENT. Walking time is listed in the brackets.
THEATRE - Dublin comes alive for Theatre buffs from 25 September until 12 October. The 2014 Dublin Theatre Festival hosts plays every night in venues all over the city and there will be both Irish and touring international companies.The world famous GATE theatre is just 4 minutes walk from the apartment and THE ABBEY theatre (4 mins) is actually in Marlborough Street.
TRINITY COLLEGE (10 mins) - Once the educator of the elite of Irish society, Trinity College is now open to all. See the Old Library and the Book of Kells.
CROKE PARK - (15 mins) This is the 4th biggest Stadium in Europe's with a capacity of 82,300 - a truly modern venue for Gaelic games. It is the headquarters of the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) Ireland biggest sporting body. For a full appreciation of the unique sporting culture of Ireland try to include a game of Gaelic Football or Hurling in your plans. The stadium is really close to our apartment and you will enjoy the friendly and vibrant atmosphere. Tickets can be purchased on-line at www.Tickets.ie and more information is available at www.gaa.ie. Over 1 million people do the Stadium Tour every year - for details go to www.crokepark.ie
AVIVA STADIUM, LANSDOWNE ROAD - (30 mins walk and DART Train) - The modern new home of Irish Rugby and Soccer. The stadium holds 50,000 people all seated. Coming RUGBY Events - on 8 November 2014 Ireland hosts South Africa and on 22 November 2014 we host Australia. The DART train takes you directly to the stadium from city centre, Tara Street station. Tickets are on sale via Ticketmaster.ie. There are stadium tours daily, except on match and concert days - for more information go to www.avivastadium.ie
DUBLIN CASTLE (10 mins) - See the Old Walls of Dublin, State Apartments, and the treasury.
TEMPLE BAR (8 mins) - Dublin's Cultural Quarter. Located in the heart of Dublin's City Centre, some of Dublin's best night spots, restaurants and unusual shops line these narrow, cobbled streets running between the Bank of Ireland and Christ Church Cathedral.
GUINNESS HOPSTORE (25 mins) - In the Guinness factory complex this excellent visitor centre tells the dramatic story of the 250 year history of Guinness. A complimentary drink in the highest bar in Ireland, the Gravity bar is part of your visit here. Find out more about The Guinness Storehouse
KILMAINHAM JAIL (25 mins) - Ireland's most famous prison museum. A place of incarceration for many rebellious fighters including the leaders of the 1916 Rebellion in Dublin, who were executed in the grounds.
COLLINS BARRACKS (20 mins) - this is old Army barracks which housed troops until the late-1990's. Now it has been transformed into a very interesting museum, with many special exhibits. From the apartment you can also get to Collins Bks by Dublins new LUAS street tram system. Walk to Jervis Shopping Centre down Abbey Street and take any tram 3 stops to Collins Bks (4 mins ride). Have coins to buy your ticket in the machines at the tram-stop.
SHOPPING IN HENRY STREET (3 MINS) - Department stores such as the popular Arnotts', and an assortment of popular clothing and footwear stores are here on Dublin's Henry Street. The ILAC shopping centre, and the newer Jervis Street Shopping Centre are both here.
SHOPPING IN GRAFTON STREET (15 MINS) - Dublin's smartest shopping area with fashionable stores such as Brown Thomas. Other principal shopping streets in the area include Wicklow Street, Dawson Street, and South Great Georges Street. We really like the all-glass ST STEPHENS GREEN SHOPPING CENTRE at the top of Grafton Street. Also, just off Grafton Street is POWERSCOURT TOWNHOUSE CENTRE which is a nice place for a coffee or snack.
PUBS - An essential part of Dublin's social life and a must for every visitor. In Dublin today there are basically two categories of pubs. We recommend one of Dublin's oldest pubs, THE BRAZEN HEAD (15 mins). For nice Guinness we like FARRINGTONS in Temple Bar (10 mins). To meet all of the beautiful people go to the vast luxury CAFE EN SEINE in Dawson Street (15 mins). If you are in Dublin when the DAIL EIREANN is in session DOHENY & NESBITTS is the place to encounter political intrigue and many relaxing politicians.
NIGHTCLUBS - Just go to TEMPLE BAR.
MUSIC - we like the shows at OLYMPIA THEATRE (5 mins) in Dame Street which features many top national and international acts. THE OLYMPIA is laid back and you can even have a beer while in your theatre seat enjoying the performance. If your like classical or serious Irish music, and want to visit a really impressive venue, there are shows every night in the NATIONAL CONCERT HALL in Earlsfort Terrace. Its near St Stephens Green - 30 mins walk from the apartment or 10 mins by TAXI.
We still have availability for 6 Nations Rugby Internationals and Easter 2015.