The SpaceHere’s a great article about Duck, NC by U.S. News & World Report, September 7, 2016:
"4 Lesser-Known East Coast Towns to Visit This Fall
With the kids back in school, trendy restaurants suddenly opening up available reservations and crisper, cooler weather, autumn is an ideal time to plan a quick weekend jaunt. Some resort-centric towns even drop room rates, allowing travelers to enjoy secluded beaches at a fraction of the peak-season cost. Without further ado, here are four choice East Coast places to consider visiting this fall.
Duck, North Carolina
Duck, a resort town in the Outer Banks, has an impressive roster of great beaches, water sports and outdoor adventures. Plus, in autumn, you can attend the nationally recognized Duck Jazz Festival, enjoy fine dining minus heavy crowds and revel in warm weather. Bounded by the Currituck Sound to the west, and the Atlantic Ocean to the east, visitors delight in kayaking, jet skiing, fishing and other outdoor pastimes. The beaches afford great shelling opportunities, especially in the fall. Some local restaurants offer open-air dining and most of the town's shops and restaurants are connected by the Duck Trail that runs the entire length of the town parallel to Highway 12 or by the boardwalk, which offers premium views of the Currituck Sound. Despite recent growth in the past few years, Duck still feels like a charming resort town. And in fall, you can take advantage of off-season rates. For example, the Sanderling Resort has special promotions through October, including a free third night for two-night stays in September and October."
The back deck of the house has a great view of the Currituck Sound - gorgeous sunsets! Front deck off 2 of the 3 bedrooms. Short walk to the ocean, beautiful sunrises! 2.5 mi. north of "downtown" Duck with paved walk/bike path all the way! 1.4 mi. south of The Sanderling Resort!
You can search "bike rentals in Duck, NC" if you are interested in renting bicycles during your stay. Search "beach gear in Duck, NC" if you would like to get your gear when you arrive.
There are great places to eat nearby in "downtown" Duck. Sit on the back deck at Sunset Grill with outdoor bar overlooking the Currituck Sound and watch gorgeous sunsets. Blue Point is awesome, located right on the Sound as well. There is also Roadside Grill, Duck Deli (great for breakfast, too!), among others. Search "restaurants in Duck, NC" and you'll see a number of great places to eat. Lots of great shops to visit as well. Don't forget to stop by Duck Donuts for fresh hot "homemade-style" donuts! Search "shops in Duck, NC" to see the many great shops to explore."
Pets: Unfortunately, we do not allow pets because we have hard floors throughout the house that might scratch, and in consideration of travelers with pet allergies. Thanks for your understanding!
• (3) BEDROOMS W/QUEEN BEDS (BRING BED LINENS, SOAP, SHAMPOO, AND TOWELS)!
• SLEEPS (6) ADULTS COMFORTABLY, MAXIMUM (6) PEOPLE,
• (2) FULL BATHS UPSTAIRS IN THE MAIN HOUSE, A HALF-BATH DOWNSTAIRS - SHOWER IN MASTER BEDROOM, TUB/SHOWER COMBO IN HALL BATH
• OUTDOOR SHOWER WITH MOTION FLOODLIGHT FOR AFTER-DARK SHOWERING!
• BRAND NEW HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM 2014!
• DISH SATELLITE TV WITH FLATSCREEN HDTV,
• WiFi AND INTERNET ACCESS FOR ALL YOUR DEVICES!
• WASHER & DRYER (BRING DETERGENT)!
• FULLY FURNISHED, INCLUDING KITCHENWARE!
• BRING BED LINENS (3-QUEENS), TOILET TISSUE, HAND AND BATH TOWELS, BEACH TOWELS, SOAP AND SHAMPOO!
• OUTDOOR "PARK" STYLE GRILL (BRING CHARCOAL, LIGHTER FLUID, AND GRILL TOOLS)! Guest Access3 bedrooms with queen beds (2 of the bedrooms walk out to the front deck!), 2 full baths - shower in the master bedroom bath and tub/shower combo in the hall bathroom, convenient half-bath downstairs, outside shower with motion-light for evening showering, large kitchen and great room, washer & dryer, Dish satellite HDTV flat screen, Internet, and WiFi! Outdoor grill, so bring your grill stuff and charcoal! Interaction with GuestsAs much as needed! Happy to provide helpful tips and suggestions on great shops and restaurants nearby! The NeighborhoodQuiet neighborhood with private road. Beach has mostly folks renting the beach houses, as opposed to the general public. Non-commercial area, all beach houses. Getting AroundPaved asphalt walk/bike path to "downtown" Duck - just 2.5 miles south. Only 1.4 miles north to the Sanderling Resort. Golf cart rentals available locally - Search "golf cart rentals in Duck, NC." Bike rentals, just Search "bike rentals in Duck, NC." Need beach gear? Search "beach gear rentals in Duck, NC." Other Things to NoteCheck-in is 4:00p, day of arrival, check-out is 10:00a, day of departure.