The SpaceThere is approximately 2,500 square feet of space spread out over three floors.
Ground floor (all with views of Mount Mansfield):
- open plan kitchen with handcrafted cabinets, Norwegian built Jøtul stove. Plates, cutlery, cooking utensils, glasses, mugs, cups, pots, pans, bottle openers, coffee maker, kettle, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, cooker;
- dining area with table and chairs;
- walk in cupboard with coat racks, shelving and storage space;
- bar with bar chairs; and
- sitting room with further Jøtul stove, satellite TV, iPod speakers, CD player and doors opening out onto the deck.
First floor (all with views of Mount Mansfield except bedroom 3):
- main bedroom with queen bed and built in cupboards; and
- en suite shower room with toilet and sink;
- family bathroom with bath, separate shower, toilet and sink;
- bedroom two with built-in cupboard and double bed;
- bedroom three with two twin beds, built in cupboard and woodland views.
All sheets, blankets, pillows, comforters, towels provided, as well as an ironing board and iron.
- large utility room with washer and dryer and space to dry ski clothing;
- half bath with shower, toilet and sink;
- den/playroom with satellite TV, games, desk, Jøtul stove and views of Mount Mansfield.
Wireless internet throughout the house. Note that the internet provided is not suitable for business purposes.
- wrap around deck with stunning views;
- plenty of parking space;
- 3 acres of private lawn and woodland with a mountain stream running through the woods bordering the property, a pond near the drive and mountain views;
- approximately 150 yards of private drive; and
- the house is set off a private road with no through traffic. Guest AccessYou will have access to the entire house! Interaction with GuestsWe will communicate with you by email and/or phone to set up your reservation. Jerry, who takes care of the house for us, is available by phone and will deal with any issues you may have, including plumbing, heating or other issues. The NeighborhoodThe neighborhood is residential and very quiet. There are large grocery stores in nearby Morrisville (Hanafords) and Stowe (Shaws and delicatessens). There are plenty of things to do in the area. Visit the Go Stowe website for more details. Getting AroundPublic transport is not a viable option but there are taxi services available.
Stowe Mountain Resort has been named one of the Top 10 ‘No Car Needed' Resorts in the world. You can use the free Stowe Mountain Road Shuttle that runs all day long between Stowe village and the mountain. The Winter Shuttle service can be monitored via the desktop tracking and a free Ride Systems app, for up-to-the minute bus tracking and location services.
Approximate times from notable areas:
Burlington International Airport - 45 mins to an hour
Stowe Village's Main Street - 15 mins
Shaw's grocery store, Stowe - 12 mins
Hannafords grocery store, Morrisville - 15 mins
Von Trapp Family Lodge - 25 mins
Stowe Mountain Resort (ski, golf, hike, spa etc) - 25 mins
Church Street, Burlington (shops and restaurants) - 50 mins to an hour
Taft's Corner, Williston (lots of shops) - 45 mins
Cold Hollow Cider Mill, Waterbury - 20 mins
Ben and Jerry's Factory - 25 mins
Lake Elmore - 12 mins
Morrisville - 15 mins
Smuggler's Notch (ski, water parks, pools, hike etc) - 25 mins
Bolton Valley Resort (ski and all year round activities) - 45 mins
Jay Peak Resort (golf, ski, indoor water park etc) - 1 hour
Sugarbush Resort (ski, golf, hike, bike etc) - 1 hour
Killington Resort (adventure center, ski, golf, etc) - 1 hour 45 mins
Boston and Logan Airport - 3 hours 30 mins
Montreal - 2 hours 20 mins
New York City - 6 hours
London, UK - 9 hours (with wings) Other Things to NotePrices include Vermont room tax.
The house is set at the foot of the CC Putnam State Forest, which is comprised of 13,355 acres in the Woodbury Mountain region offering spectacular views of the Worcester Mountain Range.
Handcrafted with natural materials, this is a very energy efficient home.
In winter conditions, winter tires should be used and four wheel drive cars are recommended.
There is an alarm and cctv.
*** Please note that the house is NOT suitable for small children due to the Jøtul stoves. These give off excellent heat to keep the house at a perfect temperature but we don't want little children to play with them! ***