The SpaceIn addition to the cozy king-size bed, it has a private entrance, central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fan, wireless internet, cable TV, hairdryer, fresh linens (including beach towels), beach umbrella and a small beach cooler.
The kitchenette is well-equipped with under the counter fridge (with a small freezer), stove/oven, microwave, kettle, coffeemaker and toaster, and all cutlery, tableware and cooking utensils are also supplied.
The open ceiling concept of this studio cottage gives visitors an opportunity to see Bermuda's unique way of building its signature white roof.
The size of the studio is 200 square feet.
Guest AccessA gas BBQ grill is available for private use outdoors. BBQ tools are supplied.
All you need to supply is food and toiletries! Interaction with GuestsOur family lives next door at the property, and we are there to greet you upon arrival, and are available to answer any questions throughout your visit. We want to help make your stay a memorable one!
The NeighborhoodThe cottage is on Knapton Hill, a centrally located, quiet residential area. There are a number of places of interest within this area:
- Just a 15 minute walk away, visitors will find John Smith's Bay beach, which boasts pink sand and crystal clear water. It is popular among both tourists and locals, and is a great spot for snorkeling, with the closest reef only about 200 yards from shore.
- Spittal Pond, Bermuda's largest nature reserve, is just a short walk away. This reserve stretches along the south shore coastline and some 64 acres of land. With winding trails throughout, visitors will be treated to spectacular views and great opportunities for bird-watching.
- Please note since our location is on a hill, the walks back to the vacation rental can be challenging.
- Visitors can walk to Harrington Hundreds Grocer within 5 minutes. A fine food emporium, Harrington Hundreds also offers a variety of beer, wine and spirits, and provides a hot food bar for both breakfast and lunch.
- Located about a 5 minute ride away, Flatts Village is a family-friendly village of shops, restaurants and the fabulous Bermuda Aquarium, Museum & Zoo, with clusters of pastel-painted cottages and rustling palm trees. It is also home to Rustico Restaurant & Pizzeria, one of the finest Italian restaurants on the island.
- Just about 5 minutes ride down South Road, at the crossroads of South Shore Road and Collector’s Hill, visitors will find The Specialty Inn, a family style restaurant. Other restaurants just a short distance away are the North Rock Pub & Restaurant, Tom Moore's Tavern and the dining room at Pink Beach Club. Getting AroundVisitors will find the bus stop (Bus Route #3) heading west into the city of Hamilton conveniently located just 30 yards from the entrance to this studio guest cottage.
The bus stop heading East to St. George's (Bus Route #1) is also conveniently close at 75 yards away.
Since we are located on the East side of the island, please note the bus system stops running at 6pm. In the event you travel by taxi please note their fees increase by 25% on Sunday's and late nights. Other Things to NoteThe mode of transportation from the airport to our cottage is via taxi. Taxis are readily available at the airport, and the ride to our address should cost approx. US$25 - $35.
Let "The Edge" guest cottage be your Bermuda home away from home!
Winter Rate = $95/night (Oct. 1 - Apr. 30)
Summer Rate = $120/night (May 1 - Sept. 30)