The SpaceWelcome! This is a gorgeous place to reconnect with yourself, your spirit, and the natural world. Enjoy the breathtaking views and tranquil setting. Perfect for writers, romantics, solo travelers and sacred retreats. A beautiful sanctuary just outside of the city, enjoy immersing yourself in rustic luxury and rejuvenate your soul! (PLEASE READ "House Rules" to make sure this is a great fit for your stay.)
Luxury Massage Appointments:
We are VERY excited to provide professional Massage Appointments for our guests, in the privacy of your room or on the cabin deck! Book at least a week in advance, the more notice the better. Appointments are based on our massage therapists' availability. Guests may book appts through us, and pay the massage therapist directly. Massage Pricing: $80 for a 1 hour massage. $110 for a 1.5 hrs massage.
We HIGHLY recommend picking up some tasty (local, grass fed) marinated grilling meats on your way to the cabin at "The Meating Place" for cooking on the BBQ! ("The Meating Place" is located just off Hwy 26, about 20 min east, before the cabin turn off. Their Address: 6495 NW Cornelius Pass Rd. Hillsboro, OR 97124)
We love kids and animals, usually! Unfortunately, the cabin is just not suited for small kids (though infants are welcome) and most pets. So, ONLY Hypoallergenic Breeds and Service Animals are allowed inside the cabin with their human companions. NO animals, at any time, are permitted to be locked inside the cabin alone; or tied up outside alone or overnight, due to wild animals in the area. Thank you for your understanding! Guest AccessTo check in, you'll meet Elizabeth (your lovely Danish host) at the main house, she will introduce you to the cabin with its own private access. This is a "rustic" cabin with electricity and a wood stove for warmth, however there is NO RUNNING WATER or showers available. We provide guests with fresh spring water and a "Hand Wash Station" on the porch for washing up.
Inside you'll have beautiful views, a luxurious queen bed with a Danish feather comforter, a cozy red chair, and a Danish wood stove, (Wood is provided for you). There is a mini-fridge, an electric water boiling kettle, coffee French press, tea and utensils. Even some board games and books to enjoy! There is a very cute bathroom "Outhouse" located just outside at the rear of the cabin. (Purple Door w/Silver Moon)
Outside you'll find a stone fire-pit and chairs overlooking the beautiful view, a picnic table, and a gas BBQ for your grilling enjoyment! On the porch there is a "Hand Wash Station" with fresh spring water and hand towels. (Tip: You can warm [not boil!] water in the electric kettle, and pour it into the bowl for washing up). Please Note: Absolutely NO outside fires or open flames are allowed during a Fire Ban. Interaction with GuestsThis beautiful place is designed for privacy and tranquility, so you will not be disturbed during your stay unless there is a need. Instruments like acoustic guitars, flutes, drumming, chanting and singing are certainly welcome throughout the day! We lovingly ask that LOUD music, voices, and activities be kept to a minimum in the late evenings and early morning hours, to honor and respect our neighborhood community. Contact your host during your stay with any questions about the cabin or activities in the area! The NeighborhoodNearby Food & Restaurants:
Jim's Thriftway Grocery Store (Open 7am-10pm)
Blue Jay's Family Restaurant (Breakfast Served)
Oriental Garden Chinese Restaurant
Main Street Pizza Co.
*Helvetia Tavern (Great Food and the BEST burgers.)
*The Meating Place (Pick up local grass-fed MEAT for BBQ grilling at the cabin!)
Forest Grove Restaurants (20 mins away): Highly Recommended!
BITES Tapas Restaurant
Pac Thai Restaurant
Sushi & Maki
Prime Time Sports Bar & Restaurant
Screamin' Chicken Diner in Gaston, OR (Delicious Country Breakfast & Lunch!)
- Oregon's Willamette Valley Wine Region (Local Wine Tours Available.)
- Banks-Vernonia Trailhead for Biking, Riding and Walking (2.5 miles away)
- Stub Stewart State Park for Horse Trails (15 min. away)
- Henry Hagg Lake is open Sunrise to Sunset for Fishing, Boating, Hiking and Biking Trails. (30 min. away)
- Tree to Tree Adventure Park (Forest Zip-Lining)
- Adventures Without Limits
- Unger Farms & Roloff Farms Pumpkin Patch
- Rice NW Museum of Precious Rocks and Minerals
- Golfing: Quail Valley and Pumpkin Ridge Professional Golf Course.
- Beautiful Drive to the Oregon Coast, just 45 min. from Cannon Beach. Getting Around"The Little Danish Cabin" is in Banks, OR.
- We are located 20 min. from the Hillsboro Airport, and 20min. from Forest Grove.
- Just 30 min. from the hustle and bustle of Downtown Portland.
- A beautiful 45 min. drive to Cannon Beach on the Oregon Coast.
- And a 1 hr. drive from Portland International Airport. Other Things to Note- Advance notice is required for Massage Appointments booked during your stay. All appts are based on our massage therapists' availability.
- Wine Tours should be arranged prior to arrival, we are happy to provide suggestions for recommended tour companies in the area.
- Larger groups and retreats (up to 10-15 people) need to be arranged and approved prior to booking. Additional camping spaces are available.
- Parking for an RV or Horse Trailer is available upon request.
- When there is a seasonal Fire Ban on (usually July-Aug) we will let guests know. In those cases, NO outside fires will be permitted during your stay.
- Being in the country, birds will sing to you at dusk and dawn, and coyotes, deer and squirrels will roam. So, PLEASE bring in any food, garbage or personal belongings at night!
- A rubber shoe mat is located just inside the door of the cabin to the right, kindly remove shoes at all times while in the cabin, to preserve the beautiful purple mahogany floors.
- We ask that guests keep the Main Gate Entrance to the cabin Closed after leaving/arriving throughout your stay.
- There is NO cooking permitted inside the cabin. The beautiful gas BBQ outside is available for scrumptious grilling of breakfast, lunch and dinner!
- We love kids and animals, usually! Unfortunately, the cabin is not suited for small kids and most animals. So ONLY Hypoallergenic Dogs and Service Animals are allowed inside the cabin. Thank you for your understanding!
- Smoking is ONLY permitted outside on the designated gravel area, NOT anywhere near or on the barkdust areas, due to potential Fire Danger.
- Smoking inside the cabin or bathroom is Strictly Prohibited, meaning it is NOT allowed. Any repair costs to clear odor, clean or fix damages due to smoking will be the renter's financial responsibility.