UPPER MISSOURI RIVER BREAKS CABIN: 3 RIVERS, 6365 ACRES, L&C HISTORY, HUNT/FISH
- Airport Shuttle
- Pets Allowed
- Swimming Pool
- Smoking Allowed
ONE OF MONTANA'S FINEST PROPERTIES:
Cabin on 365 acres, PLUS contiguous additional 6000 BLM acres, walking distance to 3 rivers, 'Upper Missouri River Breaks National Monument', & official Lewis & Clark historical site. And, 10 min from Fort Benton, official MT birthplace.
DIRECTIONS: Great access. Cabin is 50 Mins From Great Falls Int. Airport. Paved road + 1/2 mile excellent county dirt road.
LODGING: 2 queen sized beds, living room sofa, & cot. Additional cots/beds as requested.
FOOD: Oven, Microwave, Mini-fridge, Grill at cabin. Ma's Cafe only 1.5 mi's away - great food! World-class Grand Union restaurant in Fort Benton.
GAME: Cool Storage available upon request.
HEAT: Comfortable propane-driven fire place & hotwater heater.
POWER: OFF-GRID - reliable 3000 ampere gasoline generator (initial fill-up provided; nearest gas station: 1.5 mi fm cabin). Lights in every room. Comfortable.
COMMS: Verizon best for phone service & internet (w aircard). TracFone excellent.
Authentic Montana Experience: Most people think of Montana as snow-capped peaks and blue-ribbon trout streams. Yet most of Montana is a combination of smaller yet equally rugged mountains, prairie & badlands, & warmer rivers - with trophy fish & game.
This cabin, home to pheasant, hawks, eagles, several species of fish, mule and whitetail deer, & the occasional moose, elk, & grizzly which follow the Teton River down from the Bob Marshall, is the best symbol of this other, larger Montana. And the people in the area are down-to-earth, hard working, helpful and friendly. This is where Lewis & Clark camped, confused which river was the mighty Missouri - there are 3 rivers. The Teton River, made famous through the writings of A.B. Guthrie, a Pulitzer Prize winner, runs for a mile through the property. And two other rivers, including the mighty Missouri, are within 2 miles of the cabin.
What To Do - If You Don't Hunt: Recommendations:
1) Fish 3 rivers in one day without setting foot in a car. Pull out a Sturgeon in the Teton River, a Walleye in the Marias River, & a Paddlefish out of the Missouri.
2) Hike or mountain bike to the top of the property. Watch 3 rivers run, simultaneously. The mtns to the east are the Bears Paw, home to 3 Indian tribes.
3) Bring/rent a canoe, raft, or motor boat. If it is early-to-mid summer, put in at the Teton River 100 yards from the cabin, float to the Marias 1/2 mile away, keep going to the Missouri, another 1.5 miles away. (Be sure to wear a life vest.) Drop anchor in each river. If it is late summer, start at the Marias.
4) Take a drive to Virgile Ferry. Cross the Missouri as the local ranchers and farmers have done for a century.
5) Have a meal at Ft. Benton's elegant Grand Union, arguably finest in the Northwest.
6) Take the binoculars and bird watch: pheasant, turkeys, pelicans, osprey, eagles, hawks, owls, and others that nest in the cliffs.