The SpaceHi, I'm Patti, and I've been hosting guests in a suite in my home since 2012 for seasonal, occasional rental. My home borders acres of scenic fields and woods with sunrise views and abundant wildlife. The Milky Way and shooting stars are visible in cloudless night skies, and millions of fireflies sparkle on warm, June nights.
Guests have their own entrance and lockable space consisting of a bedroom, sitting room, and en suite bath. Strong Wi-Fi, off-street parking. Dining area and a breakfast bar with microwave, mini-fridge and toaster oven, stocked with coffee & tea, snacks, energy bars and instant oatmeal — just bring your own easy prep meals and cream for coffee (breakfast is not provided). Everything is sparkling clean, with freshly laundered bedding and towels, natural light, and hardwood floors.
• Queen-sized bed with Memory Foam mattress and cotton/down bedding; dresser; closet; 4 windows for ample natural light and fresh air.
• Spacious walk-in shower; toilet and sink behind its own privacy door; strong, hot water; plush cotton towels, cozy bathrobes and spare toiletries provided.
• Comfy seating and dining for 2; a desk and work space.
• Breakfast Bar thoughtfully equipped with a mini-fridge (no freezer), microwave, electric kettle, bottled water and ZeroWater® pitcher, toaster oven, coffee maker, coffee press; plates, bowls & flatware; stocked with complimentary coffee, teas, hot chocolate, popcorn, instant oatmeal, condiments, and snacks.
• So many extras: tissues, flashlight, alarm clock, blow dryer, fan, and a noisemaker for light sleepers. Charging station for all of your devices.
• Safety: smoke detector, carbon monoxide alarm, fire extinguisher, first aid kit. Guest AccessYou control access to your suite — private bedroom, sitting room and private en suite bath. One parking space in the driveway. Front yard and porch with patio seating for guests; the rest of the home and property are off-limits. Interaction with GuestsI live on the premises — attentive to your comfort but not intrusive — your comfort and privacy are as important as my own. I will greet you at check-in to show you your suite and I will do a daily light housekeeping if you wish (clean dishes and trash/recycling collection). If you run into any issues during your stay, from a restaurant decision to a flat tire, I am happy help! The NeighborhoodIn the country but so close to town, my home is a one-level, updated 1950s ranch in a safe neighborhood of low traffic and modest homes on large lots, with horse farms, hay fields, and woods all around. The neighborhood is great for nearly flat walking, running or cycling. Restaurants, shops, and a mall are just 10 minutes by car; there are 2 gas stations with convenience stores 10 minutes by car, as are the picturesque creekside hamlet of Etna, the historic Village of Freeville, and a local farm market (open May-October). Getting AroundBy car: 10 minutes to Ithaca Airport, shopping mall, restaurants; Ithaca Farmer's Market, and gas stations; Cornell Lab of Ornithology, and Cornell Arboretum. 15 minutes to Downtown Ithaca, Cornell central campus, and Ithaca College. You will need a car — public transportation is limited to taxi service in this area. Other Things to NoteI'm committed to making your stay exceptional, safe, legal and (of course) comfortable.
• I do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation.
• There is no telephone land line but cell service is excellent.
• Linens and rooms are cleaned without the use of strongly scented products or "air fresheners."
• There is a cat on premises but the guest area is cat-free.
• The household well water is pure, sweet, softened and filtered. It contains some harmless minerals — a ZeroWater filter pitcher in your suite removes 99% of them (I use one myself). Bottled water is also provided. Some guests notice a slight sulfur odor when running hot water from the tap or shower — typical to the area — but it fades in minutes and doesn't stick to hair, skin, towels or clothing.
• I pay New York State Sales Tax and local taxes are collected by Airbnb.