The SpaceSerenity Outside the City guest suite is the perfect oasis for a couple or a solo traveler. Your own entrance and secure space consisting of a bedroom, sitting room, and en suite bath. Strong Wi-Fi, off-street parking. The sitting room has a dining area and a breakfast bar with microwave, mini-fridge and toaster oven, stocked with coffee & tea, snacks, energy bars and instant oatmeal — just bring your own easy prep meals and cream for coffee (breakfast is not provided). Everything is sparkling clean, with freshly laundered bedding and towels, natural light, and hardwood floors. Borders acres of scenic hay fields and woods with sunrise views and abundant wildlife. The Milky Way and shooting stars are visible in cloudless night skies, and millions of fireflies sparkle on warm, June nights.
• Queen-sized bed with Memory Foam mattress and cotton/down bedding; dresser; closet; 4 windows for ample natural light and fresh air.
• Spacious walk-in shower; toilet and sink behind its own privacy door; plentiful hot water; plush cotton towels, cozy bathrobes and spare toiletries provided.
• Comfy seating and dining for 2; a desk and work space.
• Breakfast Bar thoughtfully equipped with a mini-fridge (no freezer), microwave, electric kettle, bottled water and ZeroWater® pitcher, toaster oven, coffee maker, coffee press; plates, bowls & flatware; stocked with complimentary coffee, teas, hot chocolate, popcorn, instant oatmeal, condiments, and snacks.
• So many extras: tissues, flashlight, alarm clock, blow dryer, fan, and a noisemaker for light sleepers. Charging station for all of your devices.
• Safety: smoke detector, carbon monoxide alarm, fire extinguisher, first aid kit. Guest AccessYou control access to your space including bedroom, sitting room and private en suite bath. One parking space in the driveway, 2 in a pinch. Front yard and porch with patio seating are for your use; the rest of the home and property are off-limits. Interaction with GuestsI am attentive to your comfort but not intrusive - your comfort and privacy are as important as my own. I live on the premises and I'm available to help with any questions or concerns. I will greet you at check-in and show you your suite. I will do a daily light housekeeping if you wish (clean dishes and trash/recycling collection). During your stay, we might have a quick chat in person or via text if it's convenient for you. And if you run into any issues during your stay, from a restaurant decision to a flat tire, I will help. The NeighborhoodIn the country but so close to town, my home is a one-level, updated 1950s ranch in a safe neighborhood of low traffic and modest homes on large lots, with horse farms, hay fields, and woods all around. Restaurants, shops, and a mall are just 10 minutes by car. Under 10 minutes away there are 2 gas stations with convenience stores, the picturesque creekside hamlet of Etna, the historic Village of Freeville, and a local farm market (open May-October). The neighborhood is great for nearly flat walking, running or cycling. Getting AroundBy car: 10 minutes to airport, shopping mall, restaurants and gas stations, the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, and Cornell Arboretum. 15 minutes to Downtown Ithaca, or Cornell central campus. 15 minutes to Ithaca College. You will need a car. Sorry - public transportation is limited to (expensive) taxi service. Other Things to Note• There is no telephone land line but cell service is excellent.
• Linens and rooms are cleaned without the use of strongly scented products or "air fresheners."
• There is a cat on premises but the guest area is cat-free.
• The household well water is pure, sweet, softened and filtered. It contains some harmless minerals but the ZeroWater pitcher in your suite removes 99% of them (I use one myself). Bottled water is also provided. Some guests notice a slight sulfur odor when running hot water from the tap or shower—typical to the area—but it fades in minutes and doesn't stick to hair, skin, towels or clothing.
I'm committed to making your stay exceptional, safe, legal and (of course) comfortable.