You are welcome to our home located in a tranquil setting endowed with stunning beauty of the central hills of Sri Lanka. We are a professional couple in retirement. The place is great for relaxing and to have day trips to major tourist attractions in the region. Having much surrounding space, it is great for relaxing and enjoying the nature, while listening to the sound of the birds & the nearby Mahaweli river. We too enjoy traveling and love to get to know people from rest of the world.
Each room Contains: Queen-size bed, Sofa, Table with chairs, TV & DVD Player, Bath with tub and shower. Pantry with wash basin, Refrigerator/freezer, Microwave oven, Toaster, Electric kettle & Clock radio
Amenities: Hot/Cold Water, Bed/Bath Linen, Tea/Coffee in Room, DVD library, Wi-Fi, Laundry (extra small fee)
Places of Interest Close-by: Mahaweli River (15 minute walk to bathing), Kothmale Hydro Dam (11 km, 15 minute drive), Royal Botanical Gardens (21 km, 30 minute drive), City of Kandy (28 km, 40 minute drive), Nuwara Eliya (50 km, 75 minute drive), Pinnawela Zoo & Elephant Orphanage (50 km, 75 minute drive), Ambekke Devalaya & Lankathilaka Temple (18 km, 25 minute drive), Ambuluwawa Bio-Diversity Center & Lookout Point (13 km, 25 minute drive).
We're an eco-friendly entity, where solar energy is used for water heating and rain water used for toilet flushing & gardening.
1-Day Excursions from site:
1. Kandy City, Temple of the Tooth, Royal Botanical Gardens at Peradeniya
2. Pinnawala Zoo & Elephant Orphanage, Gadaladeniya, Lankathileke & Embekke Temples
3. Nuwara Eliya, Horton Plains, Labukele or Bluefield Tea Factory (start early)
4. Scenic drive in tea country via Nawalapitiya, Hatton, Thalawakele (see famous Devon & St.Clair waterfalls), return passing Kothmale Reservoir/Dam & Gemunu Dagoba
5. Trek up Adam's Peak (5,200 steps, 2-3 hours climb to the summit) to see the sunrise next morning
* Room rate includes the price of Breakfast of your choice. Other meals separately charged from USD 3 to 7 per head per meal (based on menu), on request.
* Tea/Coffee provided in room free of charge
* 3 guest rate is for one double room occupancy (with additional single bed)
* Laundry - USD 5 per 6kg load (wash)
The gorge along Mahaweli River, which is joined by Kothmale Oya at Ulapone. The mountainous terrain mostly covered by forest reserves that protect the water source. There arescattered villages with small populations. The main occupation of the residents is agriculture, spices such as pepper and cloves being the specialty crops while tea is grown both in small and larger scale. The landscape provides wide vistas highlighted by the Nature Reserve at Ambuluwawa off Gampola.
Elevation being around 900 meters (3000 feet above sea level), the climate is close to Mediterranean with average temperature being 20C.