The SpaceChatsworth Terrace History House (circa 1886) is a townhouse perfectly suited to couples or group of friends who want to unwind and relax during their stay in Hobart. It has been sympathetically renovated and refurbished to provide you with an authentic old world experience.
It is set in the historic suburb of Glebe just 10 to 15 minutes walk from the CBD, Sullivan's Cove and the Hobart waterfront, Salamanca Place, the Botanical Gardens, and the North Hobart restaurant precinct.
Last Minute Deals - Please ask us about a special offer if you are booking last minute and there is still availability in the next two weeks. Guest AccessThe house has two main queen bedrooms, and is equipped with a renovated, kitchen, bathroom and laundry facilities. There is also a fold out sofa bed in the lounge room.
- Fully heated throughout
- Lounge room featuring leather sofa, Grand-Father clock and, flat screen TV.
- Fully equipped Farmhouse kitchen with oak bench tops, oven, fridge/freezer, and modern appliances.
- Stylish refurbished tiled bathroom with clawfoot bath and shower.
- 2 Airy and light spacious bedrooms with queen beds.
- Kitchen area opens onto a sun drenched charming English style cottage garden courtyard.
Interaction with GuestsEntire house is available.
Book 7 nights and receive a 2 Hour Hobart Night Tour for free. (Maximum of 4 people on one tour.) See Hobart Night Tours at the end of the listing.) The NeighborhoodChatsworth Terraces is set in the historic suburb of Glebe. The suburb of Glebe is fast becoming known as the second Battery Point and is a largely intact suburb of late 19th century Victorian era houses. It is well worth taking a short stroll around the suburb and enjoying the views of Hobart which can be seen from it.
- 1 minute walk to Scary ghost tour at the site of Old Hobart Gaol, Courthouse and Gallows at the Penitentiary Chapel Historic Site.
- 5 minute walk to Hobart Aquatic Centre and Domain Tennis Centre where the Hobart International Women's tournament is held in early January.
- 10 minute walk to the CBD.
- 10 minutes walk to famed restaurant precinct of North Hobart, which includes cafes, restaurants, boutique shops, major supermarkets and the State Cinema with rooftop cinema.
- 5 to 10 minute walk to the nearest supermarket in Campbell St.
- 5 minute walk to Queen's Domain reserve with Soldier's walk.
- 5 to 15 minute walk to Sullivan's Cove, the Hobart Waterfront and Salamanca Place and it's famous market, cafes, constitution dock and it's hub of local seafood restaurants, MONA ferry terminal and the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery.
- 10 to 15 minute walk to Botanical Gardens. Getting AroundThe house is ten minutes walk from the main bus interchange outside the GPO in Hobart which has METRO bus services to all parts of Hobart. It is the same distance from the Tour Services which leave from the waterfront. Tasmania's two main private bus operators Redline in Liverpool St and Tassielink in Brisbane St are also within easy walking distance.
With these services, you have these Day trips at your fingertips...................
- view the world at your feet from Mt Wellington,
- take a leisurely drive down to the Huon Valley,
- visit Richmond, Port Arthur,
- Peppermint Bay (from the Docks on the Waterfront),
- Salmon farms in the Derwent Valley,
- Sorell Fruit Farm where you can pick your own fruit.
- Cherry orchards,
- Cadbury chocolate factory,
- Wineries and Restaurants in the Huon or the Coal River Valley near Richmond,
- Highland Lakes and wilderness treasures of Tasmania.
Hobart Night Tours:
Come on a Hobart Night Tour and see the lights and sites of Hobart by night. Hobart can be spectacular at night – we will show you all the beautiful sites and give you an insight into all the things to see around Hobart on your stay. We also throw in interesting info about the city, its culture, history and architecture.
Interested? Let us know when you book.
4 Hour Tours include:
1.Option 1: Drive up Mount Wellington to see Hobart City lights and the view of the Tasmanian wilderness at night.
2.Option 2: Drive on Mount Wellington Road through Fern Tree to see Hobart wildlife at night.
3.Option 3: Drive to Huonville to see sleeping beauty mountain.
4.Option 4: Drive around the city from Taroona to the city, to Mount Nelson, to the northern suburbs, across the Tasmania and Bowen bridges and the eastern shore to see Hobart at night.
2 Hour Tours include your choice of
Options 1, 2 and 3 together or Option 4.
*Note: Mount Wellington tour is subject to Mt Wellington road closures in winter.
Cost $120 per person.
(Minimum 4 people for 4 hour tour.)
(Minimum 2 people for 2 hour tour.)
Tours are intimate tours in sedan car with driver.
4 Hour tours include a midnight feast with coffee.
Tours Includes pickup and drop off at your hotel.
Tour Times are from when the sun goes down but can be arranged as well.
Around 7 to 8 PM in Winter
Around 8 to 9 PM in Summer.
12 Midnight – midnight tour. Other Things to NotePlease note that Chatsworth Terraces is a three storey terrace town house. So if your travelling with elderly people or young children please let us know so that we can advise you of its suitability.
If more than 4 people wish to stay, there is a fold out bed in the lounge room. A fee of $50 per extra person per stay applies to bookings of over 5 people. Maximum accepted is 6 people in special situations.