**Please note the "Lodge" does NOT have heat. The maximum occupancy is 21 during the Winter months**
For a truly one-of-a-kind vacation experience, reserve a stay at this rustic Sandy Hook vacation rental cabin! Nestled in a private, secluded setting surrounded by natural wetlands and scenic wooded landscape, this classic log cabin is perfect for large groups celebrating a special occasion, families out for a tranquil retreat, or really anyone looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city.
This delightful 3-bedroom, 2.5 bathroom cabin can comfortably accommodate up to 25 guests - there’s plenty of room for the entire family and all your friends! The screened-in porch, basement, and other parts of the house have beds beyond the 3 main bedrooms for added flexibility. On the cabin’s top floor, you’ll find the comfortable master bedroom with king-sized bed. The balcony just outside the master bedroom has 3 twin-sized beds. Even though the basement is unfinished, it offers 2 double futons that each convert into a bed for 2, as well as a queen-sized bed. In addition to the beds throughout the cabin’s 2 main floors and basement, this property also includes extra sleeping arrangements in the “lodge,” which is separate from the house and connected by a wraparound deck. The “lodge” offers screened rooms on top of one another - these rustic rooms don't have heat or air conditioning, but tend to stay cool regardless of the season. Because the upper lodge wraparound windows only have screens with no actual glass, you can hear the peaceful sounds of the crickets and frogs as you drift off to sleep!
Everyone in your traveling party will love spending time out by the property’s private outdoor salt water swimming pool available in the summer months, featuring a built-in bar with ice chest, shelving for various beverages or mixers, and electricity for lighting - everything you need for an unforgettable night time pool party is here! A commercial ice machine is provided in the basement for large groups, as well as a chest freezer and another side-by-side refrigerator with freezer, in addition to the fridge in the cabin’s main fully equipped kitchen. After the sun goes down, roast s’mores or tell spooky stories with your companions around the fire pit. During rainy days, maintain that rustic, outdoorsy atmosphere and take the party indoors by entertaining your guests in the screened-in lodge. If you’re in the mood for some peace and serenity, unwind in the property’s gazebo with tranquil water overlook and admire the stunning scenery.
Even though you may want to spend the entirety of your vacation enjoying the many amenities available at the property, you’ll find that this log cabin is conveniently situated within easy reach of numerous exciting attractions. Several horse farms and wineries can be found within 5-30 minutes, plus a great local brewery. A YMCA and weekend farmer’s market are only 10 minutes away. While there are limited nightlife options nearby, you’ll find a myriad of restaurants and eateries just 10-30 minutes from the cabin, as well as a vintage drive-in theatre and shopping malls within a 20-minute drive. The city of Charlottesville can be reached in less than an hour, and 40 miles is all that stands between this cabin and the nearest airport. Whether you’re traveling to Virginia for a special event, family retreat, or fun getaway with friends, you’ll be glad you choose this terrific Sandy Hook vacation rental cabin as your rustic home-away-from-home!
If you like what you see but are looking for something a little more upscale, this homeowner has another beautiful 4BR listing in the area. You can search for this listing by clicking "View all Evolve Vacation Rental Network properties" and looking for the Massive 4BR Gum Spring House w/Wifi, Game Room, Fire Pit & Several Outdoor Seating Areas, or contact Evolve Vacation Rental directly to learn more about this listing.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a private outdoor salt water swimming pool with built-in bar, ice chest, beverage shelving, electricity for night time lighting, fully equipped kitchen, Wifi, house telephone, fire pit, outdoor shower with a view and gazebo with water overlook, and much more
- Optional pool heat available for a $35/night fee (***please note the pool is only open Memorial Day Weekend - Labor Day Weekend)
- With a separate "lodge" and tons of outdoor space, this property is the perfect setting for parties and entertaining large groups!
- Easy access to local wineries, horse farms, restaurants, shopping, breweries, theatres, and Charlottesville attractions!
- Property now has horse shoe pits and regulation cornhole boards!
- Master Bedroom: King-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2: 3 Twin-sized Beds
- Bedroom 3: 1 Double Futon, 2 Full-sized Beds and 1 Twin-sized Bed
- Balcony off Master Bedroom: 3 Twin-sized Beds
- Basement: 2 Double Futons and 1 Queen-sized Bed
- Upper Lodge: Double Futon
- Lower Lodge: Full-sized Bed
- No smoking
- Pool is only open Memorial Day Weekend - Labor Day Weekend
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Pet friendly with fee (maximum 3 dogs allowed, 100-pound weight limit, no cats)
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Pool is only available for use during summer months and pool heat is available for an optional daily fee. Depending on the weather, the pool opens around Memorial Day weekend and closes around Labor Day weekend. The pool will heat to approximately 88 degrees to take any chill off the water.
- Please note the Lodge does NOT have heat. The maximum occupancy is 21 during the Winter months*
- Additional fees and taxes may apply