L'Ilot is a rock platform of 3100 m² situated in the lagoon of Roches Noires, on the North East coast of Mauritius, at approximately 100 m from the coastline. Access is via a rock and wood bridged causeway.
Positioned on a sand bed and surrounded by filaos trees, this vast villa of almost 300 m² faces North-West, with its back to prevailing breezes.
With direct and easy access on all sides to the sea, the life is organized around the large open veranda with a view of the lagoon to the north, east and west.
The light is magical on this turquoise lagoon and low tides are spectacular - a rare phenomena in Mauritius -, exposing vast sand banks. L'Ilot, although an integral part of Mauritius, offers a retreat if desired. With a 360° panorama the scenery is transformed all the time. Depending on the wind, the light, the ocean swell, l'Ilot shimmers and changes constantly, upwind or downwind, hot or cooled by sea breezes.
L'Ilot offers its exclusive environment:a natural intimacy and a high standard of service with a dedicated staff, and a unique location in Mauritius, with a breathtaking view on the turquoise lagoon, seen from any room of the house
The house is composed of:
- A large living room equipped with a flat screen TV with satellite channels, an iPod docking station
- A luxurious kitchen equipped with granite worktop, oven, 5 gas burners, microwave, dishwasher, American refrigerator, steam cooker, Nespresso coffee machine
- 4 bedrooms organized as follows:
- Master bed room, East , suite of 26m ² with a king size bed, bathroom, toilet, air conditioning, private veranda, flat screen TV, safe
- North bedroom, suite of 22 m² with a bed 180 cm, convertible into twin beds, bathroom, toilet, air conditioning, private veranda, safe
- Two rooms, Western room (3 beds 90 cm, air conditioning) and South room (160 cm bed, air conditioning, exterior access) in a family suite with bathroom and toilet.
Outside there is a dining table set up under the trees, and a deck of 35m ² overlooking the turquoise sea which allows you to rest there for a sundowner or take your lunch or dinner with a stunning view.
A large Weber grill provides a quality cooking and a water fountain features permanently fresh water.
An outdoor shower allows you to cool off after swimming and a standby generator to start automatically ensures a continuous supply of electricity.
The house is fully serviced by a high speed internet access with secure wireless access, and is protected by a monitored alarm.
Rates depends on period and number of Guests. It is provided on request - Price published is indicative
Stays are from saturday to saturday
L'Ilot is an islet in the Roches Noires lagoon, in the east cost of Mauritius