The SpacePlease click through the pictures to read an even more detailed description of our space!
This private downstairs studio apartment is located in the basement of our house and is fully permitted in the City of Greeley! We are walking distance to the UNC campus (2 blocks), and nestled in a neighborhood between Jackson Fields (a UNC sporting complex) and many restaurants and shops. There is a separate entrance door and key to the apartment to ensure your privacy during your stay. The apartment features excellent amenities such as a full private kitchen with a sink, microwave, full-sized refrigerator, oven, stove, keurig, and dishwasher. Check in anytime after 3:00pm (i.e. midnight or later), and sometimes earlier depending on the reservations the night before, by using our lock box coded to the last four digits of your phone number if we are not available when you arrive!
There are two small dining areas by either using the dishwasher top as a table with the bar stools, or on the couch with the tv trays. Help yourself to coffee or otter pops, free of charge! The laundry facilities are in the common area outside the studio, but available for you to use. Although this is a basement apartment, there are three windows to allow natural light and a breeze, but there is also a space heater and heated blankets if the basement is too chilly for you.
We are constantly looking to find ways to make your stay even more enjoyable! Check out some of our recent updates listed below:
- New mattresses and pillows as of September 2015!
- New space heater as of October 2015!
- New paint as of December 2015!
- New heated blankets as of January 2016!
- New tv tables as of February 2016!
- New grout in the shower as of July 2016!
- New dining table and chairs as of July 2016! Guest Access- Guests will have access to everything seen in the pictures. If there are any additional needs, please don't hesitate to ask and we will accommodate to the best of our ability!
- We also provide a number of Colorado brochures, maps, and travel books, including the Greeley Recreation Center (1.5 miles away) schedule of classes and open gym times and a map of Rocky Mountain National Park (56 miles away).
- There is a TV with access to Comcast/Xfinity cable channels as well as DVD collections of some TV shows and movies available upon request from our DVD collection upstairs.
- The laundry area has both a washer and dryer, with an air-drying rack in the studio for your use.
- A children's pack 'n' play crib (and toys) are available upon request and all outlets are fitted with child safety plug covers.
- Parking is available directly behind our house in a fenced in area, which is actually the closest to the entrance door to the studio.
- There is also access to the grill and swing on our front porch and camping chairs are available upon request to sit outside upon. Interaction with GuestsThe unit is completely private with a separate entrance so we might not see you at all unless you would like to meet. We will let guests lead the amount of interaction wanted, but love to meet new people! My husband and I are both musicians/music teachers and love to share music with people if desired and are also happy to share suggestions and ideas for your trip! The NeighborhoodWe are located within walking distance to the University of Northern Colorado (UNC). Since we are only two blocks away, you can walk, bike or drive to campus if that is what brings you here. We are also less than a block from UNC’s baseball field and Jackson Field Stadium, lending a park like feel nearby. To help fuel your trip, great restaurants such as Chipotle, Cheba Hut and Blackjack Pizza are only minutes away. Four grocery stores are less than a mile away. Getting AroundYou can certainly rent a car as we have parking, but it is not required as there is so much within walking distance. Please note that Lyft and Uber are not very well established in Greeley yet. There are shuttles from the airport through either SuperShuttle or Greeley Shuttle, and coupons can usually be found online for both of these. Bus lines are located close enough that it is convenient to use, on the corner of 16th St and 8th Ave, 2 blocks away. We are along Route 4 (Green) and route information can be found by doing an internet search for the Greeley Evans Transit (GET).
Be sure to check our Guidebook for some of our favorite local recommendations for food and things to do as well! Other Things to Note- We love feedback on our accuracy. If you feel we've left something out or 'over-sold' something, please let us know. We want you to experience what you expect or more.
- The owners live above the unit. It will be quiet from 8 pm to 7 am with little sound transfer, although there may be some slight creaking above the unit from the upstairs floor. We do teach just a couple private music lessons at the house during the week but are happy to let you know when they are if you are concerned. We are in and out of the house with our one-year-old, but during the day it may be possible to hear more activity above you.
-The trundle bed works well for people who are taller as there is not a head or footboard attached to the frame. The ceilings are semi-low, but my 6'1" husband has no problems and does not come close to needing to duck his head.
-We have a pesticide-free home and use detergents recommended for senesitive skin in all laundering.