The SpaceOur space is large and open, which is rare in Hong Kong. The kitchen is modern with a huge amount of cooking space. This is a cook's dream in HK (I cook a lot). It comes equipped with a dishwasher, oven, stove, microwave, fridge, toaster, hot water kettle and a plethora of cookware. You have full access to anything in the Kitchen. A huge bonus is the built in water filtration system under the sink and separate tap, no need for bottled water!!
Our place comes with a cleaner that will come in once per week and clean the entire apartment. We will be paying for this so all you have to do is coordinate a time for her to come (takes about 4 hours to clean the entire place top to bottom).
Two spacious bedrooms that both have queen size beds. Both bedrooms have working air conditioning. Our master bedroom has an ensuite bathroom. We have an additional bathroom that has a spacious rain shower and ample bathroom storage. There is also a small storage room that houses our washer, iron, vacuum, and other cleaning supplies. Our living room has air conditioner, desk, bookcase, and L-shaped couch which also can be extended to a bed. The living room opens out onto a nice balcony with lovely greenery surrounding it. Guest AccessYou will have access to our entire flat. This includes:
- full working kitchen (dishwasher, oven, stove, fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster, cooking utensils, pots/pans, dishes/cups/silverware)
- air purifier
- air conditioning in each room
- working storage room with vacuum, washer, drying rack, iron, ironing board, storage space
- two bathrooms (one ensuite), with one large rain shower
- two bedroom, both with queen sized beds
- some storage space - we can make room in our closet for you to use, but please understand that a lot of our things will still be in the closet as it is our home
- our cat! Interaction with GuestsWe will be in the US for the summer, but will always be available via video chat, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), and email, should any issues arise. In addition, we will have our helper come periodically (at least once a week) to clean, check on the cat, etc. The NeighborhoodHong Kong is a wonderfully exciting city filled with an endless number of restaurants, shops, lights, and crowds. Sometimes that can be a little much, and Happy Valley is the perfect place to escape. Located just south of Causeway Bay, it is a quiet, friendly neighborhood with lots of great coffee shops, mom and pop stores, bars, and restaurants. Everything you need is at your finger tips, and when you want to make the trek into the heart of Hong Kong, well, you're just a short bus, taxi, tram ride, or walk away! Getting Around*4 minute walk to the Tram Station
*3 minute walk to #1 bus (makes stops at wan chai, admiralty, central, kennedy town) and #19/8X bus (travels east towards Chai Wan)
*2 minute walk to #30 bus (direct to causeway bay)
* Or walk all the way to Causeway Bay/Times Square in 20-25 minutes. From here you can hop on the MTR island line
*Taxis are aplenty, and they are CHEAP! Taxi to/from Causeway Bay is usually 22 HKD.
Our flat is located at the top of a small hill, and we are on the third floor of our building (no lift). When you haven't had your work out for the day, well, here you go. Or you can take a taxi and just skip the hill.
Other Things to NoteOur cat, Harlow, is two years old and will be staying here while we are gone. She is an absolute delight, see our other listing's reviews as she is mentioned quite a lot.
All we ask is that you keep her food and water bowl full (we will provide plenty of cat food) and be nice to her which is not hard.
Our helper will come at least once a week to clean her litter box.