The Space- Complete kitchen with refrigerator, cooking range, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, bagel slicer, and k-cup coffee & tea selection.
- Breakfast comes delivered for each guest. Order from a standard menu and the delicious food is delivered to your suite door. Available Tuesday through Sunday. For guests arriving on Sunday, a pre-arranged continental selection is placed in the suite prior to your arrival for Monday breakfast.
- Dining room area with four-seater oak table and relaxing living room with sofa and chair.
- Two bedrooms: queen-sized country feather bed and a double-bed in the sleeper loft.
- Full bathroom with whirlpool tub and hot shower with good water pressure.
- Flat-screen television with digital cable access and protected WiFi network.
- French doors screened-in for breathtaking sunrises of the double Water Gap and Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Front entrance door opens onto a outdoor deck to the shared yard, picnic table, and water lily garden.
The second bedroom is a loft that is open to the living room and dining area. It is accessible from a stationary ladder. The loft bedroom is not suitable for toddlers or children. The loft bedroom is suitable for teenagers and adults.
The shared yard has tons of area to relax and unwind. There's a covered swing that's perfect to watch sunrises and to enjoy romantic evenings. There are citronella candles there for you to light if you need. We also spray the yard with natural oils to keep the bugs at bay. Have bugspray with you should you want to be outside in the garden for extended times.
We have a place to have a campfire, the water lily garden, and picnic table. There's extra firewood under the apple tree. It's a gem of a spot.
Are you looking for less expensive place? See our Trundle Suite that is located in the same building and gets you the location/access to the garden. We are known for our indoor/outdoor areas, location, breakfasts, and Guidebook. Guest AccessThe Carriage House private suite is great for groups, families, and bicyclers on the C&O canal. The suite has its own private entrance and a lot of shared space to enjoy. The floor plan covers the second story of the guest house. The Trundle Suite is located on the ground floor, in the level underneath the Carriage House Suite. Interaction with GuestsWe are regularly available through telephone and text for questions. I enjoy talking with guests and sharing advice about the sights and local digs. Go taste the eats at restaurants The Anvil, Bisou, Bistro 1840, Country Kitchen, Potomac Grille, True Treats confectionery, and Scoops ice cream parlor by the riverwalk! And be sure to bring your family, and stay for a week! The NeighborhoodWe are located right in the middle of Harper's Ferry Historic District with equidistance from Lower Town and Upper Town. There are very many things to see and do in and around the village—tons of U.S. history here, the Appalachian Trial, National Park Service, Storer College and the Niagra Movement, Civil War Battlefields nearby, as well as the natural wonders of Jefferson Rock and the joining of the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers. We are right in the middle of it all here. Come and relax! Getting AroundThe Carriage House suite and yard work perfectly for families and friends to enjoy time together indoor and outdoor. The yard also works great for bicyclers and hikers who need extra space to stash gear. The location of the property is accessible to both Lower Town and Upper Town in about 15 minutes by foot.
Stay with a car if you want to get around the region. Stay without a car if you want to walk the accessible city and sites of Historic Harper's Ferry. Other Things to NoteHave a look at my Guidebook for local destinations in the neighborhood. Make sure you come ready to relax and enjoy the peaceful ambiance! The shared yard include a picnic table, covered swing, and lily garden. Come enjoy the flowers, the birds singing, the cool breezes, and lovely trees. You will soak up the atmosphere and probably want to bottle it to take with you!
A great selection and tons of fun things to do in and around Harper's Ferry:
• Harpers Ferry Historic District, Ghost tours, History Museums, National Park, Storer College, and the Niagra Movement.
• National Park Service Summer Events Calendar (URL HIDDEN)
• Appalachian Trail hiking access and the Appalachian Trail Conservancy along the Washington Street block. The AT Conservancy is on the same block as Lily Garden.
• Bike Rentals and biking along C&O Canal Bicycling from Georgetown, DC to Cumberland, MD.
• Jefferson Rock, Maryland Heights, and Central Maryland Heritage Land Trust.
• River joining at the double Water Gap of the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers.
• Camping available on the property as well as place to store bikes.
• Vineyards: Big Cork, Breaux, Landwirt, North Mountain, Rockbridge, Shenandoah.
• Parks & Battlefields: Antietam, Gettysburg, Monocacy, Manassas.
• Chesapeake & Ohio (C&O) Canal National Historical Park, see Lock 33.
• New River Gorge National River and Kennedy Farm.
• River Rides and White Water Rafting; State Parks: Gathland and Greenbriar.
• Shop in Lower Town of Harpers Ferry for historic goods and homemade deliciousness.
• Commuter trains daily weekdays from Harpers Ferry to Washington, DC Union Station for the National Mall, Smithsonian, Capitol Hill, Washington Nationals Park (M.A.R.C. Brunswick line: (URL HIDDEN) ).
The MARC commuter train on the Brunswick line picks up at the Harper's Ferry Station in the morning by the river and brings you to Union Station in Washington, DC. In the evenings the train brings you home to Harpers Ferry. At Union Station the Metro (subway) station provides direct access to the Nation's Capitol, including the Mall, Smithsonian, Memorials, Tidal Basin, Washington Monument, Library of Congress, and Capitol Hill.
Ask me about Lily Garden's advertisement with the Stoneleigh Golf and Country Club! Do you have an addition to make? Send me the details and I'll have a look! Thank you for selecting us, your home away from home. As always, let me know if you need anything. Thank you, and please enjoy!