The Space"The Guest House in Crawford", will be your oasis in the middle of a Rocky Mountain playground. This recently renovated 1950’s log sided farm house is located on a working farm with over 120 acres. We back up to the West Elk Mountain range with fantastic views of the Smith Fork and North Fork Valleys. Flora and fauna are in abundance here, and our skies some of the most magical and beautiful in the United States. From sunrise, to sunset, to evening star gazing, you will experience views to be treasured for a lifetime. Like the center of a star, no matter which direction you go, beauty and adventure abound. Guest AccessOwners will meet guests at this residence. The owners residence is just next door. Interaction with GuestsTony and Collenette will be available to greet our guests and answer any questions during your stay. The Neighborhood1) Two 18-hole golf courses 35 minutes from “The Crawford Guest House”.
2) Day trips to Telluride, Ouray (hot springs pool), Crested Butte, Aspen, Durango (Durango to Silverton narrow gauge railroad), Glenwood Springs (Glenwood Canyon Adventure Park, and hot springs), Gunnison (Blue Mesa Dam), Montrose (another view of the Black Canyon) and much more.
3) Fantastic views of the West Elk Mountain Range from the front and back porch; Mount Lamborn (elev 11,401'), Saddle Mountain ( elev 10,016'), Landsend Peak (elev 10,806), Grand Mesa (worlds largest flat top mountain, elev 11,332).
4) Our nearby towns; Crawford (2 minutes), Hotchkiss (10 minutes), Paonia (13 minutes), Cedaredge (30 minutes) and Delta (35 minutes).
5) The Grand Mesa National Forest has excellent cross country skiing, 300 lakes & reservoirs, and amazing views.
6) 90 minute drive to Powder Horn ski area on the Grand Mesa
7) The guest house is a 5 minute drive from Crawford State Park, great for boating, fishing, swimming and hiking.
8) Colorado has 53 fourteeners (peaks over 14,000' elevation).
9) Unique sites; Needle Rock (volcanic plug) stands 800' tall a few minutes drive from the guest house and Castle Rock which is an amazing outcrop visible from the Guest House.
10) Hours and hours of scenic drives, from dirt roads to paved roads and back.
11) Gold medal fishing in the Gunnison Gorge.
12) A 30 minute drive to the North Rim of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. In my opinion, the North Rim has the best views - (URL HIDDEN)
13) We have many areas for biking and river rafting.
14) Delta and the surrounding counties have fantastic festivals all summer long.
15) Delta County is home to 11 wineries and several distilleries making hard cider.
16) Public pools, open during the summer in Hotchkiss and an indoor pool in Delta open year round.
17) There are only 338 drive-in theaters left in the US and we have one less then 30 minutes from the guest house. You can experience a little bit of americana during your stay.
18) Don't forget to visit the Delta County website - (URL HIDDEN) Other Things to NoteWe do not have basic cable, but do offer Roku 3 with Netflix and movies on hard drive.