The SpaceTraditional Californian bungalow that we are bringing back to life. Our bathroom is nothing to look at but is fully functional. We also have an outside hot and cold shower, if you're game. The kitchen is more 'kitchenette' with a kettle, toaster microwave, gas ring, slower cooker and we have a bbq outside. It's amazing what you can cook with just those few things. The house is full of interesting bits we've picked up in our travels. No minimalist decor here, and we really do have a junk yard out back, but the house yard is quite nice, though full, again, with bits and pieces too nice to throw away. Our washing machine is out doors too. Our place is in a mixed commercial/ residential area, and opposite the railway line ...we don't hear the trains anymore, but you might if you're not used to it. Nothing glamorous about our place, just a solid, comfy and interesting little place. If you are seeking a sleek and modern, pristine environment, then our home is probably not for you...
Our price reflects the condition of our house and the amenities we provide ( not).
We would describe our style as rustic...if you want sleek, modern, pristine, our place is not for you...
Please note the following:
*because we have not finished renovating there are some faults that we live with for present. Using more than one appliance at a time, for instance hair drier and blow heater, may trip the power board. Just press the button to reset, and use one appliance at a time. This applies mostly to heaters which use a lot of electricity.
* it is difficult to keep an old, not fully renovated home in pristine condition, due to cracks in ceilings, old tiles etc. Everything will have been cleaned but may not look shiny and new. Our house is in between a dusty truck yard, our own junk yard and the railway line, so if you have a dust allergy, do not choose our place.
* because we are so often away and because of the low price we are offering, we do not routinely provide breakfast items, just tea and coffee, and you're welcome to help yourself to anything else, but I can't provide fresh bread / milk/fruit etc.
* we consider spider webs to be a natural form of insect trap. If you have a spider phobia, best not to choose our home
* all our belongings are in our home, it is not set up as a permanent holiday let. Only choose our place if you are happy to share our space with our belongings and be respectful of them
* Because I am a teacher, there are times when I can not answer the phone. If you leave a message I will get back to you ASAP.
* we haven't yet installed insulation so it is difficult to heat the whole house, but easy to heat one or two rooms at a time with the heaters provided. Guest AccessYou can have the use of our bedroom, lounge room, bathroom, kitchen and dining/ sun room. Also outdoor loo and shower. Interaction with GuestsWe spend a lot of time working away, but may sometimes be sharing with you. We would use our son's bedroom. But we're only a phone call away if you need any thing. The NeighborhoodOur place is walking distance into Moss Vale and the train station. It's a good central place for exploring the Southern Highlands. It gets very cold in winter. We have no neighbours to annoy, so perfect if you like playing your music loud. Getting AroundParking onsite, in back yard. Walk to station, but you really need some form of transport to explore the area. I believe there are a lot of good cycling tracks and routes. Other Things to NoteGas heating in dining and lounge rooms. Electric heating in bedroom, and electric blanket. We don't have a clothes drier. We do have a moat that fills up if there is a lot of rain, but don't worry, you won't float away. Again, not child friendly.