The Space*** Stage B construction has begun!: Addition of a second bedroom and adjoining Japanese tatami mat room. Our description will be updated when it is completed.
* 10% discount applies to returning guests. 15% discount applies to all week-long stays.
* Tariff based on 2 night minimum stays for 2 guests. Single night stays are available only from Sunday - Thursday but attract a surcharge of $50.00. Minimum 2 night stay on Friday and Saturday.
* Tweed Shire approved and registered B&B - No cleaning fee applicable
* Please note: In the case of 2 guests staying but requiring separate beds, a surcharge of $30.00 will be charged (per stay), to cover the extra bedding & laundry requirements.
* Currently we can cater only for 2 adults and up to 2 children & 1 baby
* Children under 2 stay free ( $30.00 per night per child over 2 years of age. Portacot & high chair available upon request. Need to supply own bedding for portacot. Safety gates are available for the stairs ( top and bottom).
* Generous breakfast provisions provided for the FIRST night of your stay only. ( Bread, bacon, free-range eggs, local premium Muesli, baked beans, butter, orange juice, milk, choice of teas/ground or pod coffee/jams, condiments etc. Enough food for 2 days usually! )
* "O-sake" available for purchase separately on site. Cash only purchases.
* Explore either your inner "diva" or inner "dag" by enjoying the new addition of our state of the art KARAOKE SYSTEM!
* Please note: We have a strict cancellation policy.
Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning:
* Beautiful and private "Self-catering" B&B accommodation for exclusive use by one couple or family only.
* Best suited to one couple or couple with small family ( 2 kids + 1 baby maximum) . We are a totally family friendly locale! Sorry, ( although we love all creatures great and small ), no pets are permitted due to our free ranging poultry, other domestic pets and livestock on the property.
* Separate down stairs living space with 2 Japanese daybeds that convert to two single beds for sleeping. (Up to 2 children can be accommodated on the two single daybeds downstairs or on a single futon upstairs next to the queen size bed. All extra bedding is supplied in plastic crates for guests to access at their leisure. )
* 10 mat "tatami mat" loft bedroom with openable roof windows & platform queen size bed. ( This room is open to the downstairs living space, therefore in terms of privacy, this arrangement may not suit all guests. )
* Luxurious bathroom with a Japanese touch. Complimentary toiletries included.
* Separate, fully self-contained kitchenette with dining table and seating for 4 people. Essential cooking items, electrical items, crockery, cutlery & glassware all provided. The chalet does not have an oven, however does have a microwave oven.
* Completely private Japanese style courtyard garden with deck and gas BBQ. Garden has floodlights to illuminate the rainforest and creek below.
* Japanese "yukata" (robes) for use during one's stay and quality guest slippers available for guest's convenience. ( Robes/slippers for adult guests only. ) All linen provided.( Except for porta-cot linen. )
* "Hotaru" ( fireflies ) can be seen from your chalet garden every year, roughly between August and September. Presence is seasonal however, and can not be guaranteed. We provide "hotaru sighting" updates on our "social media" page for those who are interested!
* A variety of friendly farm animals on site. Supervised feeding of animals possible, weather etc permitting. (Donkeys, alpacas, sheep and assorted poultry! )
* A selection of magazines/board games/puzzles/ DVD's/ and a small collection of Japanese music CD's and Japanese DVD's inc."anime" also available for guests to enjoy.
* Free Wifi available ( normal usage only/no excessive downloads ) Please note, there may be disruption to the Wifi service during electrical storms.
* Early check-ins ( before 3pm ) can not be accommodated under any circumstances. Late check-outs may be possible at the discretion of the owner.
*** Short notice/same day bookings: please note that due to practical constraints, it may not always be possible to accommodate last-minute bookings (ie. within less than 24 hours notice of arrival ) But please enquire via the Airbnb Message system just in case!
* Chalet Hotaru only 5 mins from bottom car park/entrance to Mount Warning ( climbing path )/ just 3 minutes from Mavis's Kitchen Restaurant/ 5 mins ( drive ) to village of Uki/40 mins to Nimbin/ 10 mins to Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre/15 mins to Murwillumbah/45 mins to Gold Coast Airport and 1 hour to Byron Bay Guest AccessGuests are permitted into the yard of the main residence by invitation only
( ie. When feeding the livestock )
Guests can access the creek and waterhole from the rear driveway, but are urged to exercise caution. Swimming is strictly not permitted in the waterhole and children must be fully supervised at all times please.
( During times of flood, guests must avoid the creek and waterhole.)
* Guests can enjoy having their own private driveway, private courtyard garden and own access to the chalet. The chalet is NOT part of the main (URL HIDDEN) is separated by a breezeway and garden/lawn. There is also a a timber screen along one side of the back verandah area for added privacy. Interaction with GuestsYou will be greeted on arrival and shown through your accommodation. We live on the property close by. Despite the relative proximity of the main residence, our guests are afforded total privacy. Having said that, we are friendly folk, and are more than happy to interact with our guests as well. We let our guests decide the level of interaction they wish to have with us!
If our guests ( or their children ) have the time and interest, we offer them the opportunity to enjoy supervised feeding of our little menagerie of farm animals! ( There may be some days this is not possible, due to inclement weather or prior engagements, however we will always try to find a time that suits you if possible. ) The NeighborhoodChalet Hotaru, Mt Warning is in a small locale named " Dum Dum"! It's located in one of the most supremely picturesque parts of the Tweed Valley.
We are just "down the road" from the gorgeous Tweed River, 3 minutes drive to Mavis's Kitchen ( an iconic local restaurant and wedding venue) and 10 minutes drive from Mt Warning/Wollumbin National Park. Drive 10 minutes towards Murwillumbah via Bakers Road, and you will find yourself at the incredible Tweed Regional Gallery/Margaret Olley Art Centre. The delightful village of Uki is just 5 minutes drive from your chalet. Every Saturday morning in the Uki community hall there is an atmospheric "Farmers Market", and every third Sunday, The Uki Buttery Bazaar markets are held, where you can buy an eclectic assortment of goods from very friendly Uki locals. The new Mt Warning Hotel in Uki, offers friendly service, food and live music on weekends as well as a courtesy bus for patrons.
It is 15 minutes drive to Murwillumbah, 40 minutes to Nimbin, 45 minutes to Coolongatta/Gold Coast Airport and approximately 1 hours drive to Byron Bay and surrounds eg. Federal/Minyon Falls/Nightcap National Park/Mullumbimby/Brunswick Heads. Getting AroundOwn private transport is required in this area. Very limited bus service.
We regret we are not able to provide a " drop off " or "pick-up" service for guests attending weddings at Mavis's Kitchen under any circumstances. Please ensure all transport requirements are organised in advance of any functions being attended.
Walking from Mavis's Kitchen to our accommodation ( although technically it is not far ), is absolutely not advised for safety reasons. This bendy section of road has an 80km speed limit, no street lighting and absolutely no where safe for pedestrians to walk. Please don't try! :)
Please note: Good News!!! Mt Warning Hotel in Uki, offers a " Courtesy Bus" for its patrons! They offer both a "pick-up" and "drop-off" service. Other Things to Note* Check in strictly between 3pm and 6pm. ( Please notify hosts of your approximate arrival time by text msg on the date of arrival, so we can be sure to greet you. Please be mindful of the fact that we are on NSW time. )
* Check out time by 11am. A late check-out by 12pm, may be possible at the discretion of the owner.
* As we respect the privacy of our guests, we do not routinely offer a "turndown" or "refresh" service for stays of 3 nights or less.
* Please note that due to stairs leading to the loft, low ceiling space and low platform bed, this accommodation may not be suited to all people.
*Please note that domestic pets, ( friendly) cats and dogs reside at the property. Aside from our donkeys, alpacas and sheep, we also have an odd assortment of poultry, therefore a reasonable level of "farmyard" noise is to be expected at various times during your stay at Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning! We are also a family residence as well as a B&B.
* Due to safety and insurance reasons, guests are not permitted access to the paddocks under any circumstances. Swimming in the waterhole/or creek not permitted at any time.
* Children and domestic pets reside at the main residence. We endeavour at all times, to keep any "noise" to a minimum while guests are staying on the property. Our children our not permitted unsupervised interaction with guests at any time, nor are they allowed any access to the grounds/inside of the chalet.
* Returning guest discount ( 10%) is available. Please advise at time of booking if you are a returning guest.
* Attending at Wedding at Mavis's Kitchen? If so, please note the following:
- Regrettably, we are not in a position to offer a "drop-off" or "pick-up" service under any circumstances, due to insurance and practical family reasons. Getting a taxi may or may not be tricky. It will be wise to organise your transport/who is going to be the "skipper" well in advance, to avoid any complications or headaches. We have no wish to offend or inconvenience guests by having to refuse such requests.
* We are not able to offer guests an early "check-in" under any circumstances. If coming for a wedding, it would be therefore advisable to book the night before as well in order to eliminate any potential difficulties with getting ready for the big event.
* Please... food and drink must not be consumed upstairs in the tatami mat room. Footwear must not be worn on the tatami mats. It is expensive and difficult to replace quickly.
* Please notify the hosts immediately of any issues (damage/breakages/malfunctions ) pertaining to the chalet in order that we are able to address any problems as quickly as possible as well as ensuring the comfort and safety of our guests.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.