The SpaceWelcome to Max's Place!
When we found this place, we could not believe its proximity to such a beautiful, quiet, special area and beach!
We bought this beach house not only because of our love for the ocean (surfing and diving) but because of our pet dog Max, who LOVES the beach.
The house is a cosy, simple and clean fully equipped 2 bedroom place , which we are steadily improving. It is furnished to provide all the comforts of a simple getaway, without having to bring everything and the kitchen sink!
You can see the sand dunes from the open living space (living and dining) and front deck.
Your dog would love the large secure backyard as Max does!
(Please note: Dogs are to be outside only).
The house contains:
- 2 Large bedrooms with built-in-robes that sleep maximum of 6 (Total 4 beds!)
Bedroom One - 1 x Queen Bed (Sleeps 2)
Bedroom Two- 1 x Quality Bunk bed with Single bunks (Sleeps 2) AND 1 x Double Bed (Sleeps 2)
- Quality mattresses, doonas (quilts) and pillows on all beds
- Clean Linen, towels and tea towels are provided (we will only make up the right number of beds required based on the guest's booking)
- WIFI is available (please note we cannot guarantee the quality of the connection as Phillip Island can have intermittent services)
- Fully equipped kitchen (we love our food!)
- Dining table with 6 chairs
- 2x comfy sofas in the lounge
- 2x rattan wicker chairs
- Flat screen TV with BluRay player
- iPod dock (fits all types of ipods and mp3 players), CD player and radio
- Bathroom with a separate shower and bath
- Separate toilet off the laundry with Washing machine (powder supplied) and drying racks
- Ironing board and iron
- Reverse cycle air-conditioning, heaters for bedrooms and portable fans
- Books and magazines to read
- Board games and card games
- First Aid Kit
- A house manual to guide you on how things work in our house
- A Phillip Island Visitor’s guide to detail the wonderful things to see, do, restaurants and also important information like doctors, emergency info and supermarkets. A map of the Island is also provided.
Consumables/ Essentials provided:
- Shower gel, shampoo, toothpaste, insect repellent, 30+sunscreen and toilet paper
- Dishwashing liquid, dish-cloths, paper towels, aluminium foil, glad wrap, baking paper and bin liners
- Tea, coffee, sugar, a small amount of milk for drinks, milo, salt, tomato sauce, soy sauce, vegetable oil, basic herbs and rice
- Linen, towels and tea towels are provided. (we will only make up the right number of beds required based on the guest's booking)
Please note the towels provided are for use within the property ONLY. These are not to be taken to the beach. Please bring your own beach towels. If you need beach towels, please pre-arrange with us.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE WOOD HEATER IS NOT IN USE.
Now let's bring you to the Outside!
- Large driveway with enough space to park 2-3 cars
- Large back veranda with a full outdoor setting (table and 6 chairs)
- 4 burner gas BBQ
- Fully fenced large backyard
- Outdoor shower with hot and cold water for after those wonderful swims and walks at the beach for both humans and dogs!
- A large canvas kennel (Houndhouse-it’s one of the best on the market for dogs, keeping them cool in summer and warm in winter) is provided. For small-medium dogs, we find that their beds fit really nicely in the kennel!
- Dog shampoo and bowls for water and food are provided under the laundry sink.
PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS AND BLANKETS FOR YOUR DOG.
- Check IN: 2PM Check OUT: 10AM
Please contact us if you would like to vary these times. We will do our best to accommodate your request depending on our other guests!
Why else is our place special?
Our rates include linen, towels, tea towels, basic bathroom amenities, basic food/hot drink supplies and condiments, WIFI and a comfy, safe place for your dog to sleep and stay. You have the privacy of the property and proximity to a beautiful beach and to nature.
We use this home ourselves and now offer it to others to rent to enjoy, relax and unwind, just as we do.
Check out our Face Book page for our history, regular updates, what is happening and what people think of us outside of AirBnB! Ask us for the link or search for "Max's Place". Then LIKE us!!
NOTE: We will only take bookings through AirBnB!
Welcome again, to our beachside retreat! Guest AccessYou will have access to the house and the gardens and fully fenced backyard on your own, with privacy. The garage and its associated room and the locked cupboards in the house are not available for guest use.
HOWEVER.. Motor enthusiasts… If you are here for the race days, V8 super cars, Superbikes and/or MotoGP, and have a need for secure accommodation for your special wheels we can arrange for the use of the lock up garage with space for a single car at extra cost and bond. Please ask us. This is our private space but we are happy to make exceptions provided you respect our belongings and keep them secure. Interaction with GuestsWe currently live in Melbourne, about 2 hours away. Our interaction with our guests will only be by the messaging system, phone or email but we would love and appreciate details about our guests and their trip during the booking process and after. It helps us to host our guests better and this is why we love to host via Airbnb.
After you book, we will provide details of the house and a guide to the Island via email. A week before you arrive, your self-check-in and check-out procedures will be emailed to you. A return email or message to say you have received the documents would be greatly appreciated as often emails get lost in cyberspace or spam filters. If your email is not a preferred means for us to communicate, please let us know during the booking process!
Please feel free to ask us about our beautiful Phillip Island, the fun things to do and perhaps where to learn how to surf.
We have hosted friends from all over Australia and the world at Max's Place and have had a wonderful time showing them all the hidden treasures that most visitors would not normally encounter. We have outlined a number of these in our Around Phillip Island Guide. We will email this guide and a welcome pack to you upon booking. We are very happy to help you plan your itinerary and suggest places for you to visit.
We look forward to getting to know you and to be able to help. The NeighborhoodWe are situated in a fantastic spot, just 300m from the beach in a very special part of Surf Beach. The air is fresh, the ocean immense and vibe chilled and relaxed.
Nature is right at our doorstep at Max’s Place…
* The shearwater birds that come in and nest from September to April every year
* Forrest Caves National Park
* Rock pools at low tide
* Surf breaks galore
* You might even get to see a few rare hooded plovers nesting
You could walk for miles all along the beach at low tide from Surf Beach to Sunderland Bay and to Forrest Caves.
The general store is 1.1 km away and stocks most of your immediate needs and the supermarkets all over the Island are also great options.
Some of the more famous attractions that Phillip Island is known for are:
- The Famous Penguin Parade (advanced bookings are recommended)-20 min drive
- Koala Conservation Centre – 10 min drive
- The Nobbies – 25 min drive
- Phillip Island Grand Prix track (home of the MotoGP, Superbikes and V8 supercars)– 15 min drive
- Chocolate Factory – 10 min drive
- Churchill Island – 10 min drive
- Pelican feeding at San Remo (12pm every day) – 10 mins drive
All over Phillip Island there are other spectacular areas to explore. We have not exhausted it all yet.
With so much to offer, you will love it as much as we do.
For more details please refer to our Around Phillip Island Guide. Getting AroundIt is best to drive to and around the Island to experience it at its best as public transport options are limited. Other Things to NotePlease note that 3G and 4G coverage for mobiles is intermittent all over Phillip Island, depending on the number of people on the Island at the time.
We have done our best to provide our guests with WIFI but cannot guarantee the quality of the connection as Phillip Island can have intermittent services.
Please note that we will confirm with guests which beds we will be making up and the linen supplied, depending on the number of guests we are hosting. If you require a change in the number of people, we would really appreciate at least a week's notice so we can prepare for you appropriately to ensure your comfort!