The SpaceWe hope you enjoy the design elements that make this room unique. The studio is a recent addition to an existing 70s home. It is a spacious, light-filled room to which we've added some bespoke features. You will have privacy and space to relax indoors and out. A split system air conditioning unit ensures warmth in winter and cool summer days (well inside anyway!). Guest AccessWe will provide you with a continental breakfast so be sure to let us know if you have any preferences or dietary requirements. Seasonal fruit may also be available.
We provide a mattress on the floor for an additional guest. Let us know when booking and we'll sort this out.
Wifi and electric blanket now provided.
Corner shop a very short walk.
We have set up a food preparation area with toaster, kettle and microwave. Hopefully you will have everything you'll need for breakfast or light meals.
If you require kitchen or washing facilities you can have access to the kitchen and laundry in the house. We are pleased to share this space with you.
We have two bikes/helmets and a lock for you to borrow. Enjoy the local bike paths. This is an easy and relaxed way to get into town for coffee and food. Interaction with GuestsHappy to help out as required or leave you to your own devices. Just let us know if we can assist. The NeighborhoodOur home is located in a regional country town of 27,000 people and has all the expected community facilities to support this population. In addition Wangaratta has easy access to bike touring, a wide range of wineries and gourmet food for which North East Victoria is well known.
We are located 5 minutes drive from central Wangaratta. This is a pleasant and safe suburban location with easy access to adjacent parklands, sporting facilities, YMCA and indoor pool, bike/walking paths or skate park. The private and public hospital are also very close-by e.g. 5 & 15 minute walk respectively.
In addition there is a local corner store just around the corner....!
Restaurants - only minutes away by car, or if you'd like a walk (approx. 20 min) or bike ride (approx. 8 min) on the shared path that crosses the Ovens river via 2 magnificent suspension bridges you will arrive at the river precinct, fast becoming a food mecca.
Great coffee shops, George's and Derailleur cafés, in our opinion, vi for the best coffee in town, you decide. You will need to walk, drive or ride to these but very quick and easy.
In the winter ski fields are 1.5 hours away and these same mountains provide wonderful activity options at other times of the year. Bike paths connect nearby towns e.g. The Rail trail to Bright and Beechworth, and the Wangaratta bike paths will easily connect you to nearby wine and gourmet villages.
We like the
- local Wangaratta Farmers Market held monthly at Apex park
- performances offered at the Wangaratta Performing Arts centre
- exhibitions at the Galleries
- the Jazz Festival in November
- the local wine, ales and food festivals
- the local bush walking tracks
- Retro shopping, we have a couple of amazing retro/vintage shops that will take you back in time...quite Getting AroundWangaratta is three hours drive north east of Melbourne and 40 minutes from Albury/Wodonga. Canberra is a four hour trip up the Hume. It is only a few minutes off the Hume Freeway that is the main motorway connecting Melbourne and Sydney. Regular daily train and bus services connect it to all major cities in the country.
Car travel is easy around town, no peak hour here! Taxi's are available and the bus stop is conveniently located 100 metres from the house. Let us know your plans and we may be able to help out with transport.
Local bike trails start around the corner from the house, literally out the driveway, turn right and you'll be on it.
Walking into town on these same trails is a nice way to get to town or to the train station. It will take a 20 min walk to town and 15 min to the train station. Other Things to NoteWe value our environment and health, and want to reduce our footprint on this precious earth so you may notice that:
- we recently added wifi
- we have used some interesting salvaged materials in our apartment, that create a style without compromising on comfort,
- where possible we use Australian, environmentally friendly and ethical products when preparing the apartment for your stay like "Who gives a crap" toilet paper, "Abode" healthy home products",
- we are trying to reduce our waste through reducing packaging, recycling and sorting waste, composting and so on.
- we have some fruit trees e.g. Mandarins, lime, lemon, grapefruit, grow some herbs e.g. parsley, mint, rocket, bay tree, lemongrass, garlic, rhubarb and leafy greens on our plot. While you stay feel free to wander around the garden and sample if you desire.