The SpaceThe apartment is in located above the 8th Avenue café strip in Maylands.
The apartment was only built in March 2016, so it is brand new for you to make the most of! It is on the 1st floor overlooking a quiet laneway and a heritage listed building.
The entire apartment is yours, and accessible 24 hours via electronic lock doors.
* Two large bedrooms with queen size beds
* All linen, pillows and bath towels provided
* Full reverse cycle air-conditioning
* Free high speed unlimited internet over wifi
* Shower with instant (full pressure) hot water
* Towels provided
* Shampoo, conditioner and shower gel
Fully equipped kitchen:
* Tea, coffee and sugar
* Milk provided for every stay
* Pantry essentials (oils, salt, pepper and spices)
* Fridge, stove, oven, microwave, rice cooker, toaster and dishwasher
* Utensils, dishes, pots and pans
* Washing machine and clothes dryer
* Washing powder provided
* Iron and ironing board
* Large flat screen TV
* Centrally located above the vibrant Maylands cafe strip
* Modern apartment located in a boutique apartment building
* Secure apartment with electronic access control and intercom system
* Large outdoor balcony with seating
* Only 2 minutes walk from Maylands Train Station
* Free wifi throughout the apartment
There is no parking provided with the apartment, but there is plenty of street parking. I have included a detailed map of where the parking is located in the photo section after the girraffes!! The apartment is so centrally located you won't need a car anyway!
The suite is available for short-term letting (up to 21 nights) and suits singles, couples or families on holiday or visiting in Perth. The apartment is also perfect for business travellers as it has wireless internet and a dedicated laptop working space.
Feel free to send me a message with any question you have about my apartment, Maylands or Perth... I'd love to hear from you! :D Guest AccessYou have full access to the entire apartment, which includes a kitchen, lounge room, laundry, balcony and two bedrooms and one bathroom
The apartment is located within a secured building. Access to both the building and the front door is via an electronic lock so you can check-in any time that suits you after 4pm.
Once your booking is confirmed, I will provide detailed check-in instructions that are easy to follow, even if you are weary from travelling!
You also can’t get lost – the building has two giant giraffes painted on the side to guide you! If you need me I am available 24 hours a day via phone. Interaction with GuestsYou will have the entire apartment to yourself during your stay. As access to the apartment is via an electronic keypad, you won't need to collect any keys from me.
However, I am available 24 hours a day if you have any questions or would just like a friendly face to show you around the area. The NeighborhoodLonely Planet has listed Maylands as Perth’s "next big thing" with a definite foodie buzz around the neighbourhood, particularly among the eating and drinking spots huddled on Whatley Crescent.
The apartment is located right above the Maylands café strip which has plenty of fantastic cafes and restuaruants, as well as handy amenities such as a bank, post office, bottle shop, chemist, newsagent and doctor. Two supermarkets (Coles and IGA) are only a short 300m walk away.
I have lived in the area for many years and can highly recommend:
- Mrs S for delicious breakfast – try the cornbread!
- Milkd for great coffee
- Sherbet for cute and delicous cakes
- Ploy Thai for amazingly cheap Thai food (plus its free BYO)
- Swallow for drinks in a boutique wine bar with live music many nights.
You will also be located:
- 15 mins drive from Perth international airport;
- 11 mins drive from Perth domestic airport;
- 3 mins drive from Mercy Hospital (St John of God Hospital Mt Lawley);
- 13 mins drive from the Swan Valley;
- 30 mins drive to Fremantle;
- 14 mins drive from Kings Park;
- 7 mins drive from Edith Cowan University (ECU) Mt Lawley; and
- 20 mins drive from Curtin University Bentley.
Maylands was one of the first areas to be settled, so it is filled with heritage listed buildings and character. Maylands has excellent facilities with a gym, library and park located right across the road. During summer the park hosts night markets with amazing food and stalls. If you want to go for a run (or a gentle walk!) the river is only 1 km away. Getting AroundPublic transport around the apartment is readily available and very easy. Maylands train station is located only 250m away on Whatley Crescent. The train station is only five stops (12 mins) from Perth city on the Midland train line, making it a central location.
Buses run from Guildford Road and Eight Avenue (bus route 41), with the closest bus stop only 90m away. Bus timetables are provided in the apartment for easy planning and are also available on the Transperth website.
A taxi rank is located 50m from the apartment on Eighth Avenue. There are always plenty of taxis available. Other Things to NoteThe road and railway noise is low and nobody notices it, but I would advise delicate sleepers to be aware of it before booking.
The apartment will accomodate children but it is not "childproof" - for example it has a glass coffee table and has a balcony. The apartment has two very comfortable queen beds but I do not provide cots, seperate beds and baby changing facilities etc.