The SpaceEnjoy this cozy but bright apartment with a park view as if it would be your private garden. It's been a great home for my boyfriend & me and we’re happy to be sharing it when we’re abroad. Meaning, you’ll be having the entire apartment to yourself.
The apartment is located on the 2nd floor of the apartment block 'Orchidee' and can be accessed with the stairs or the elevator.
The space itself can be seen in 2 parts:
- the front 'public' part with the entrance, hallway, fully equipped kitchen and living room with dinning area, and tv/piano corner
- the back 'private' part with a separate bathroom (with bath tub!) and the 2 bedrooms: the master bedroom with queen size bed and our yoga room with a comfortable single sofa bed. This latter gives access to the south orientated balcony and has a clothes rack where you can hang your stuff. Guest AccessWhen staying here, the apartment is yours. Of course, as the apartment is our actual home, we like to keep some personal space. So we kindly ask not to enter my little office (middle room in the back) and the storage. Interaction with GuestsMyself or someone will be here to meet and give you the keys. Apartment instructions along with guides and suggestions for exploring Ghent will await you in the apartment. I'll also leave an emergency contact who lives nearby, should you have any issues during your stay! The NeighborhoodIn the direct neighbourhood:
- Citadelpark: the largest green park in Ghent just in front of you
- several museums: SMAK (a stunning museum for contemporary art, set in the city's Art District), STAM (Ghent city museum, Provides the perfect introduction to Ghent and is the gateway to the city), MSK (Museum of Fine Arts Ghent with visual arts from the Middle Ages up to and including the first half of the 20th century)
- good breakfast/lunch places, several restaurants, pubs and food shops (bakery, butcher and fish shop, bio supermarket, Asian shop, Albert Heijn supermarket,…)
- sports and green area / recreation on the water at the 'Blaarmeersen' and 'Watersportbaan' are not so far away (including our favorite climbing gym Biover) Getting AroundThe apartment is located on a very good location and starting point to get to know the beautiful city of Ghent. Either by foot, or for those that prefer to safe their steps for the historical sight seeing, there are three bus stops in the street, and the tram is right around the corner. Tram 1 brings you in less than 5min to the historical city center and shopping area (runs every 5 minutes).
And as we have the train station (Ghent Sint Pieters) really nearby, you even broaden your range of opportunities: from there you can take either bus or tram. But especially the trains can bring you to other Belgian cities like Brussels, Antwerp, Bruges, Liege, etc