Cumelen is set back on a quiet alley, but only a five minute’ walk from the Malhada Beach, our two independent units feel homey and rustic. Perfect for two or a small family. Enjoy our flower-filled courtyard, barbecue facilities and a personalized service in a homely atmosphere!
Two charming cottages divided in two levels. On the ground floor there's a private bathroom with hot water and a well‐equipped kitchen. An extra bed can be set up downstairs too. On the top floor there's a bedroom with LCD Sat TV, wardrobe and safe. Breakfast is served on the lovely little terrace overlooking the tropical plants.
The place was built using beautiful natural materials to retain the traditional simplicity of the area, while providing varied services for an enjoyable and satisfying stay. The look and feel is elegantly tropical, an invigorating mix of colours and contemporary styling, combining modern comforts with unspoilt natural beauty. A breezy tropical setting of great charm.
• Homemade breakfast: fresh fruits, pancakes, juices, pastries and jams served on hand-painted tableware
• LCD Sat TV with 140 channels
• Free WI-FI internet
• Fine cotton sheets and towels
• Allergy‐free pillows
• Private bathroom with hot shower
• Private terrace with hammocks
• Barbecue facilities in common area
• Well‐equipped kitchen with full‐size refrigerator and freezer, cooking stove, also pots, pans, utensils
• Free-standing fan, safety box, mosquito net
• Beauty or relaxing massages
• Transfer Airport‐Fortaleza to Jericoacoara by shuttle bus or 4x4 SUV
• Local activities: buggy excursions, horse rental, sandboarding, capoeira, boat trips
• Laundry services
The host lives on the premises, so anything you need, you just have to ask!
Most popular extra activities:
• Lessons for all levels (beginners to advanced)
• Storage of windsurfing equipment next to the beach
• Windsurfing rentals at competitive prices
Cumelen Bed & Windsurf works with Andrea Rovere, qualified kitesurf instructor with many years of experience.
Set in the northeast of Jericoacoara, "Cumelen Bed & Windsurf" is away from the hard-partying main drag but only a 5‐minute walk to the Malheada Beach and the Serrote hill, perfect if you’re a kiter or surfer.
Jeri offers best wind conditions for wind-surfing and kitesurfing. The coast runs E W, parallel to the equator and in exact line with the trade winds. Side-on regular winds range from 15 to 35 knots almost every day of the wind season (from mid June to late January). The wind is calmer in the mornings, perfect for beginners and to take lessons.
In Jeri there are no ATM machines and the closest bank is in Jijoca, a 40 minute drive from Jeri.
Jericoacoara is practically car-free and everything is within walking distance.
How to get to Cumelen Bed & Windsurf?
Shuttle bus (comfortable mini bus), Private SUV, FRETCAR bus (VIP service direct).
Jericoacoara is located on the northeastern coast of Brazil, 300 kms west of Fortaleza city, and the nearest international airport is Pinto Martins (FOR). One hour away from Jeri lies the town of Jijoca, where paved roads end and adventure begins. It’s a thrilling ride traversing the dunes until finally reaching the beach.